Sponsored

Dead Pedal Added...

Paluss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
after my 8 hour roundtrip drive to Pittsburg PA and back to MD, I really missed having the use of a dead pedal to rest my left leg/foot. Being able to stretch my left leg adds relief for me another position, and more comfort on a long drive.

I went with the M.O.O.R.E dead pedal for the JL. Reasonable priced and appeared well-made and sturdy in the pictures on the website.

It arrived today, so decided to install. as I mentioned above, the unit is really well made and powder coated, the quality and finish is excellent. I read some of the reviews on line, and the only real complaint was the installation if you are using the 1st two positions (close, medium, and furthest) I choose the medium position, I'm 6 feet and have my seat adjusted to the rear-most position and that fits me best.

Installation can be tricky since the first 2 positions hide the rear nut that you use to install. I installed the nut on the closest (and easier) location first and tightened completely, this will keep everything together while you install the other nut. I used a socket with an extension and was able to get the nut on the first time (luck?) anyway just tighten the second nut all the way and your done, the unit looks good and is very sturdy. if your looking for a good dead pedal I would recommend this one (it does not interfere with the floor mat at all...:like:
Sponsored

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
after my 8 hour roundtrip drive to Pittsburg PA and back to MD, I really missed having the use of a dead pedal to rest my left leg/foot. Being able to stretch my left leg adds relief for me another position, and more comfort on a long drive.

I went with the M.O.O.R.E dead pedal for the JL. Reasonable priced and appeared well-made and sturdy in the pictures on the website.

It arrived today, so decided to install. as I mentioned above, the unit is really well made and powder coated, the quality and finish is excellent. I read some of the reviews on line, and the only real complaint was the installation if you are using the 1st two positions (close, medium, and furthest) I choose the medium position, I'm 6 feet and have my seat adjusted to the rear-most position and that fits me best.

Installation can be tricky since the first 2 positions hide the rear nut that you use to install. I installed the nut on the closest (and easier) location first and tightened completely, this will keep everything together while you install the other nut. I used a socket with an extension and was able to get the nut on the first time (luck?) anyway just tighten the second nut all the way and your done, the unit looks good and is very sturdy. if your looking for a good dead pedal I would recommend this one (it does not interfere with the floor mat at all...:like:
What length jeans do you where?

OP
OP

Paluss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
angle of picture makes the pedals look closer together than they actual are, also you can still rest your foot on the dead pedal if needed...

Sponsored

OP
OP

Paluss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
sorry meant to say under the dead pedal

hutchman

First Name
itufoijo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willy
I like it. You had a problem with your Jeep, found a solution, fixed it, and shared your solution with the rest of us.

THAT'S how it's supposed to work! Nice job!

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I wish it were easier to use the middle position. I have mine on the farthest position, and it's OK but the middle position would be perfect. It's just so hard to accomplish!

JL ME

First Name
JOHN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Willys ,2006 Roadking , 2008 Hayabusa
Occupation
Industrial Maintenance
ill never understand the dead pedal thing. installing a pedal that dose nothing but take away from leg room? i don't get it!

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
ill never understand the dead pedal thing. installing a pedal that dose nothing but take away from leg room? i don't get it!
Old thread, but eh.

It's a comfort thing. Most vehicles have a small foot rest area on the left that allows you to bring your leg back and rest it. It is kind of hard to explain, but I have the same pedal in mine, and it does help on longer trips. I have no problem stretching my leg out behind the pedal if needed, but it is nice to bring my leg back some and rest my foot on the pedal versus flat on the floor which is an odd angle when sitting, especially with long legs.

Like I said, it's somewhat hard to explain without experiencing it.
Sponsored