Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I thought I'd put a marker on this thread to note where it stands. Yesterday the Jeep was returned to me "Unable to replicate" the problem.

Im quite happy with the dealership I use. Their communication was good. They had it for basically 6 days. Drove over 100 miles. and nothing popped back up. batteries were load tested (passed). it came in with 130 codes. bus was "wiggle tested." as was star connector. harness checked by HVAC and dash per a star case. inline connector in right rear wheel. all good.

so for now I guess it exists as a gremlin. I will avoid getting it wet and feeding it after midnight (aging myself there)....
I had a Jeep Compass for 5 months that had electrical issues then over heating issues, it was a 2018 I purchased in late 2017 and got rid of it to buy my Wrangoer.

The electrical issue they resolved after 7 or 8 visits and never really figured out the cause but guessing a loose connector as they went thru all of them with a STAR case but when it started to overheat and they came back with “ could not replicate” I decided to cut my losses and get rid of it.

I know all makers have issues but one would think after 3 years the JL’s problems would be figured out
Sponsored

OP
OP
xaugievike

xaugievike

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Clubs

I had a Jeep Compass for 5 months that had electrical issues then over heating issues, it was a 2018 I purchased in late 2017 and got rid of it to buy my Wrangoer.

The electrical issue they resolved after 7 or 8 visits and never really figured out the cause but guessing a loose connector as they went thru all of them with a STAR case but when it started to overheat and they came back with “ could not replicate” I decided to cut my losses and get rid of it.

I know all makers have issues but one would think after 3 years the JL’s problems would be figured out
One thought I cant get out of my head is that somehow some way perhaps the AEV harness caused the issue (post 5 it is mentioned). perhaps the broken end touched something while I had it installed...who knows. As I said, I never did get as far as even trying to plug the pro cal snap in, but that wire harness and the subsequent issues after putting it on is the only variable I did change (though I did drive it with the harness installed without issue the day prior to this all blowing up).

What I do know is that once I got it going and put back into the garage last weekend, and removed that harness b/c I was taking it in, the jeep was fine (other than the codes that had set by that time). I guess im just keeping my fingers crossed on that one.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
One thought I cant get out of my head is that somehow some way perhaps the AEV harness caused the issue (post 5 it is mentioned). perhaps the broken end touched something while I had it installed...who knows. As I said, I never did get as far as even trying to plug the pro cal snap in, but that wire harness and the subsequent issues after putting it on is the only variable I did change (though I did drive it with the harness installed without issue the day prior to this all blowing up).

What I do know is that once I got it going and put back into the garage last weekend, and removed that harness b/c I was taking it in, the jeep was fine (other than the codes that had set by that time). I guess im just keeping my fingers crossed on that one.
I am one that carefully takes my time when plugging into the OBDII port and even more carefully when unplugging the SGW module,, have considered getting a Tazer bypass module so then I don’t have to worry about messing up one of the plugs but then again I’m not plugging my programmer in there all the time, I make a change and then leave it.

OP
OP
xaugievike

xaugievike

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Clubs

I am one that carefully takes my time when plugging into the OBDII port and even more carefully when unplugging the SGW module,, have considered getting a Tazer bypass module so then I don’t have to worry about messing up one of the plugs but then again I’m not plugging my programmer in there all the time, I make a change and then leave it.
I had the dealer reprogram for the new tires while I had it in there. I dont have any real plans to make any changes from here that would require either a taser or the AEV module. probably should just have gone the dealer route from the get go.
Sponsored