Sponsored

Dead Battery after sitting for 1 day

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Hiflyersf

This time or IF you have issues again, do know that Fiat Chrysler America (FCA) will have your JL transported to the nearest Jeep dealership at no cost to you. They also will have road service come and jump start your JL at no cost to you.

When you call the number below, tell the rep that answer's that your Jeep vehicle, per the owner's manual MUST be taken to the dealer on a flat bed truck and not towed to the dealer.

Number to call, 24/7
Jeep Road Service Ph. 1-800-992-1997
Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Barring any potential parasitic draw, it could just be a shit battery. Chrysler's OEM batteries and specifically ones they put in the Wrangler have been awful since always. I've replaced OEM batteries in JKs within a year or two and I expect nothing less from the JL.

There have been folks who've reported their Jeep's instrument cluster and certain interior components not turning off even when the ignition is OFF and the keyfob is nowhere near the vehicle. It's entirely possible your Jeep's computer was up all night contemplating destroying all humans and as it continued to calculate more and more ways to facilitate the eradication of our species in the most horrific way, it drained the battery.

But hey! Let's hope not!
Mine went 5 1/2 years before it gave out. Guy at Interstate Battery says the JKs had great batteries.

Hiflyersf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubico.
@Hiflyersf

This time or IF you have issues again, do know that Fiat Chrysler America (FCA) will have your JL transported to the nearest Jeep dealership at no cost to you. They also will have road service come and jump start your JL at no cost to you.

When you call the number below, tell the rep that answer's that your Jeep vehicle, per the owner's manual MUST be taken to the dealer on a flat bed truck and not towed to the dealer.

Number to call, 24/7
Jeep Road Service Ph. 1-800-992-1997
Thanks for the info!

allieboy

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
@Hiflyersf

My guess is your JL was handled over to you by the dealership and it's two (yes it has 2 batteries) were severely depleted when you left the dealership the day you purchased it. JL's, ship from the factory in "Ship Mode" that does reduce 12v power loss while the JL is enroute to the dealer but this does not always get the deed done so to speak

What you saw... "and all heck broke loose, lights on the dash was flickering and after a few minutes everything went black" are a symptom of battery(s) depletion. Once the batteries are recharged, the JL will be aok..

Of course, you may have a bad battery(s) , relay, fuse array that the dealer can easily replace but again, there is a good chance that the batteries are aok and just got depleted.

When a battery gets discharged that low that it needs charging or a jump.....does it permanently hurt the battery life?

Hiflyersf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubico.
Update...I had a AAA tech try to jump the Jeep tonight. It did start but after a minute it died. He tried it a few more times with the same results which was weird. Might be a wiring issue or alternator? Im attaching a pic of the readings he got. I contacted FCA yesterday. Im going to have them take it to the nearby Jeep dealer. What a headache. The good thing about all of this is it happened at home and not out in the wild.

20190222_205556.jpg

Sponsored

Hiflyersf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubico.
Just got a call from the service advisor. They ended up replacing both batteries. I'll post if the issue occurs again.

FirecrackerRedJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Just got a call from the service advisor. They ended up replacing both batteries. I'll post if the issue occurs again.
It more than likely won’t happen again, it’s unreal how quality of batteries are on ANY agm... stop/start feature these days. It’s not uncommon to see unfortunately.
Sponsored