Sponsored

DC to Calgary & Back in February - Any Tips?

yarmo

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Next month I'm starting a month long ski trip out west. I'm going to be driving from Washington DC to Denver (staying in Silverthorne) Feb 1, then over the course of the month I'll make my way to Bozeman MT (skiing Big Sky), then up to Calgary AB in Canada to ski Banff. I'm running BFG KO2s and I'll have chains just in case the roads are terrible. I'll have a buddy in the Jeep with me, but no other vehicles coming with. I've driven out west multiple times, but never that far north above MT. Has anyone made the drive from Montana to Calgary in Feb? Anything I should bring besides tools/food & water/extra fuel? Any cool places to stop on the way?

I'm considering possible routes for my drive back to DC from Calgary. I'd like to drive through both Dakotas so I can check them off my 'states visited' list! I was thinking of heading east through Saskatchewan and down through the Dakotas, but I haven't decided yet. If I do that I can stop somewhere like Minot, but I'm not sure of the best way to traverse South Dakota and Minnesota. I was also thinking I could go back down to Bozeman, then go east on 94 and from there on route 12 barely hit ND, then immediately go down through SD and stop in Mobridge. I would drive through Standing Rock Reservation, so not sure if that makes any difference or not. Any Dakota natives have some ideas on doing something like that?

Pic for attention :)

Jeep Wrangler JL DC to Calgary & Back in February - Any Tips? IMG_0430
Sponsored