DC - Maryland - Virginia

Saejin

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR - Firecracker Red
Not sure if anyone else here is following or having the steering issues and 1-2” dead zones in the steering wheel talked about in other threads. Most say it’s a Jeep thing, but I’ve owned a JKU and it’s def not a Jeep thing. Drifting and wandering due to large tires and solid axles yes, but large amount of play in the wheel is not.

Anyway, I’m meeting up with another owner next Sunday and if anyone else is interested to compare steering issues and just talk about Jeeps please PM me and I’ll coordinate a time and place. Right now we’re looking to meet in Ellicott City.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gandersonsays

Gandersonsays

First Name
Griffin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr JL Rubicon
Not sure if anyone else here is following or having the steering issues and 1-2” dead zones in the steering wheel talked about in other threads. Most say it’s a Jeep thing, but I’ve owned a JKU and it’s def not a Jeep thing. Drifting and wandering due to large tires and solid axles yes, but large amount of play in the wheel is not.

Anyway, I’m meeting up with another owner next Sunday and if anyone else is interested to compare steering issues and just talk about Jeeps please PM me and I’ll coordinate a time and place. Right now we’re looking to meet in Ellicott City.
I was experiencing the steering issue until I brought it to the dealer to fix. The steering is still a little vague but I'd say it is acceptable and on par with the 2012 JKU I traded in. Definitely better than before.

Saejin

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR - Firecracker Red
I was experiencing the steering issue until I brought it to the dealer to fix. The steering is still a little vague but I'd say it is acceptable and on par with the 2012 JKU I traded in. Definitely better than before.
What was the issue and what did they do to fix it. Also, which dealer?

Thx

OP
OP
Gandersonsays

Gandersonsays

First Name
Griffin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr JL Rubicon
What was the issue and what did they do to fix it. Also, which dealer?

Thx
They updated the software for the electronic steering. Dealer was Koons.

Hephaistos

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Hey guys, I just bought a JLU Sport S, and I'm in Frederick, MD. I've been looking at aftermarket front bumpers; how do you guys mount the front license plate?

Sponsored

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
‘Merica
30B2C39D-9563-4F32-BAD6-CD8AD3ADD380.jpeg
B0964D87-75B8-4D7D-AD7D-44B867986B1B.jpeg
Prepping for the storm. Rigging the hardtop lift to hoist the soft top. Making sure both JLs fit in the garage.

Cascadia4x4

First Name
Cascadia 4x4
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep/Toyota

Sponsored

VA72mlibu

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLR; 1972 Chevy Malibu; DHC-7 & BeechCraft King-Air (operated, not owned)
Hey everyone. Just picked up my Mojito 2dr Sport S from Lindsay in Manassas on Saturday. I live in Mount Vernon and work on Belvoir.

On the look out for some Rubi tire take-offs if anyone has any leads. See you on the road!

mat071975

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Hi Everyone,
Thinking of going to Chincoteague Island next weekend, and want to try driving on the beach. I have a stock JLU Sahara. Any tips you can share will be welcomed.

Thanks,
Matt.-

Bic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue Unlimited Sport S
18 psi and 4HI, and you'll be fine. I drove on the beach in the Outer Banks like that without any issues.

mat071975

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
18 psi and 4HI, and you'll be fine. I drove on the beach in the Outer Banks like that without any issues.
Thanks Bic.
I noticed there is a $70 yearly fee to drive on the beach. Does anyone know if there is a daily or even an hourly option (I doubt I will be driving for too long)?
Can anyone recommend a particular area or something to do with the kiddos (8 and 9 year olds)?

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
‘Merica
Thanks Bic.
I noticed there is a $70 yearly fee to drive on the beach. Does anyone know if there is a daily or even an hourly option (I doubt I will be driving for too long)?
Can anyone recommend a particular area or something to do with the kiddos (8 and 9 year olds)?
There is a weekly fee of like $50. It’s on the NPS website. Corolla ponies, north end, south end is a lot of sand driving, just beach.
Sponsored