I want to get out on the trails again soon

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Sam’s Decorative Automotive Button Emporium
If you’re doing it early-ish, and there’s a meet up spot you can point me at, I may join you!

Pimppapa1977

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 jlur
Awesome! Im up Iin Greencastle PA 30 mins North. We go up in Michaux Park in Chambersburg..some nice trails, and a beautiful reservoir

Sponsored

DSW21

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
If you’re doing it early-ish, and there’s a meet up spot you can point me at, I may join you!
i was thinking around 10-11ish... there were a few on MJC on FB talking about meeting up at Mountaindale Convenience Store, 6726 Mountaindale Rd, in Thurmount around 10:30. I may head there.

Warped

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW GSA, Harley RG, GC Summit Reserve, JT Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Work? What's that?
The Frederick Watershed is really nice right now with the snow. It also adds at least a little extra difficulty. I did use 4h.

Jeep Wrangler JL DC - Maryland - Virginia 351BCE33-42F9-4748-9B24-CEBDA7A8A549
Was there in the snow a couple of weeks ago. It really needs snow to even think about using 4Hi. In the dry, it is strictly 2WD. But it is close by!

Rcarpen22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘67 CJ5, ‘20 JLU
Was there in the snow a couple of weeks ago. It really needs snow to even think about using 4Hi. In the dry, it is strictly 2WD. But it is close by!
So, I have the stock Firestone mud terrains that come on the Willys. They do not like ice. They were fine Friday in the snow. But yesterday, after the snow was packed, melted, and refroze, it was slicker. My brakes did very little to slow me down coming down the mountain. On anything more than about a 5 degree slope I was sliding down. So I threw it in 4 low and manually shifted the 8-speed. That worked nicely for controlled descent. I tried out the actual descent control, but I couldn’t get the speed adjustment to work.

Sponsored

Warped

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Work? What's that?
So, I have the stock Firestone mud terrains that come on the Willys. They do not like ice. They were fine Friday in the snow. But yesterday, after the snow was packed, melted, and refroze, it was slicker. My brakes did very little to slow me down coming down the mountain. On anything more than about a 5 degree slope I was sliding down. So I threw it in 4 low and manually shifted the 8-speed. That worked nicely for controlled descent. I tried out the actual descent control, but I couldn’t get the speed adjustment to work.
Glad you made it out safe and undamaged. I thought I had read about several issues on the Maryland Jeep Club FB page.

Rcarpen22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘67 CJ5, ‘20 JLU
Glad you made it out safe and undamaged. I thought I had read about several issues on the Maryland Jeep Club FB page.
Thanks! I am pretty cautious and had some recovery gear just in case. I really like the JL so far and am looking forward to more exploration. When I wear out these Firestones, I’m probably going with something like a KO2.

Warped

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Work? What's that?
Thanks! I am pretty cautious and had some recovery gear just in case. I really like the JL so far and am looking forward to more exploration. When I wear out these Firestones, I’m probably going with something like a KO2.
I was a big BFG AT KO2 for years before my Jeep. I was talked into Nitto Trail Grapplers and have not been disappointed. That said, no dislike of the KO2s either. I find all-terrains better for most of what I do. If you want to go out with someone, let me know.

Rcarpen22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘67 CJ5, ‘20 JLU
I was a big BFG AT KO2 for years before my Jeep. I was talked into Nitto Trail Grapplers and have not been disappointed. That said, no dislike of the KO2s either. I find all-terrains better for most of what I do. If you want to go out with someone, let me know.
Definitely. I am going to try to get out as much as possible. Will keep you posted if I’m going out and hit me up if you are.

HendersonJL

First Name
Chinh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting-Gray 2-door JL
The Frederick Watershed is really nice right now with the snow. It also adds at least a little extra difficulty. I did use 4h.

Nice pictures @Rcarpen22

Took the family out on Feb 15. We drove the entire Gambrill Park Rd off of Mountaindale road in 4H. It took us a few tries to get up a hill near Fishing Creek Rd. Luckily there were two guys in a 4Runner on top of the hill helped spotting.
Sponsored