Sponsored

DC - Maryland - Virginia

skrubi12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
How was it?
We only wheeled Saturday but it was a good day. I was in a green/blue group and we had a great group. Good guide and good spotters to help folks through. I'll probably do the event again next year and maybe try to wheel all 3 days days.
Sponsored

bbq4133

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Granite Crystal 6MT
We only wheeled Saturday but it was a good day. I was in a green/blue group and we had a great group. Good guide and good spotters to help folks through. I'll probably do the event again next year and maybe try to wheel all 3 days days.
Awesome. A friend of mine is interested in heading to Rausch and I'm trying to figure out a schedule.

Do folks here meet up to wheel? Is that a thing?

skrubi12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Awesome. A friend of mine is interested in heading to Rausch and I'm trying to figure out a schedule.

Do folks here meet up to wheel? Is that a thing?
I haven't met up with anyone on here. I usually go with so local club people I know. What state are you in (not that it matters)? If local-is to MD, check out Chesapeake Jeep Club on Facebook.

3VOLVE

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I haven't met up with anyone on here. I usually go with so local club people I know. What state are you in (not that it matters)? If local-is to MD, check out Chesapeake Jeep Club on Facebook.
Check Rauschā€™s FB page and there website. If not, sign up for an Off-Road Consulting trail ride, you get to pick the experience level you want and really arenā€™t that expensive considering what you get.

Get out there and have fun. pic from today for motivation.

159A9C0E-D8B3-42EC-B94D-2ECB13B63AB3.jpeg

Sponsored

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Check Rauschā€™s FB page and there website. If not, sign up for an Off-Road Consulting trail ride, you get to pick the experience level you want and really arenā€™t that expensive considering what you get.

Jeep Wrangler JL DC - Maryland - Virginia 93D0A5FD-7808-4253-BF53-8687B8433948
What trail was that?

3VOLVE

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
How did you like it? I did that earlier this year and it is rough. Think it should be changed to red
it was slow going, crawling you could say. :giggle: The weather can really play havoc on some of the trails, changing year to year. I will say I had a great time picking lines and only really getting caught up a couple of times. This and a couple other blacks that weekend has redirected me to focus on more protection for the underbody.

Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology

Jeep Wrangler JL DC - Maryland - Virginia 44FDB01D-3DCB-4218-8F9B-0D9C4EF83F72
Hey Joe how do you like the Stealth winch? Looking at them as like the removable clutch lever to keep people from messing with it in the city.

Sure, if you have a 3/8 ratchet it can be overcome easily, but not something most wandering pranksters have.

Jeep is looking good. That bumper new from when we did the 101 together? Looks good.

3VOLVE

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Hey Joe how do you like the Stealth winch? Looking at them as like the removable clutch lever to keep people from messing with it in the city.

Sure, if you have a 3/8 ratchet it can be overcome easily, but not something most wandering pranksters have.

Jeep is looking good. That bumper new from when we did the 101 together? Looks good.
Thanks John. The bumper and the winch were installed last winter, so yes it was installed prior to our 101 class. The Stealth winch has worked well for me to date, no complaints. I did as you mentioned and removed the clutch lever so there wonā€™t be a chance that anyone messing with it.

Be safe and hope to wheel with you soon.

joe

Warped

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW GSA, Harley RG, GC Summit Reserve, JT Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Work? What's that?
Pretty new Jeep owner Got the 2020 JLUR back in May and have only been to Assateague and Rausch Creek. In Frederick, MD. Looking for good off-road shops for slowly modding the Jeep for off-road duty.

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Samā€™s Decorative Automotive Button Emporium
Pretty new Jeep owner Got the 2020 JLUR back in May and have only been to Assateague and Rausch Creek. In Frederick, MD. Looking for good off-road shops for slowly modding the Jeep for off-road duty.
I am in northern Virginia, and having engaged most of the northern Virginia area shops and had projects performed by some, Iā€™ve made Mount Zion Offroad in Dover PA my destination for work I canā€™t / wonā€™t do myself. Itā€™s a full two hour drive, but itā€™s the complete package for an off-road shop. Highly recommend them. It might be just an hours drive for you.

Warped

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW GSA, Harley RG, GC Summit Reserve, JT Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Work? What's that?
I am in northern Virginia, and having engaged most of the northern Virginia area shops and had projects performed by some, Iā€™ve made Mount Zion Offroad in Dover PA my destination for work I canā€™t / wonā€™t do myself. Itā€™s a full two hour drive, but itā€™s the complete package for an off-road shop. Highly recommend them. It might be just an hours drive for you.
Appreciate this. I'm willing to go an hour or so away for the right shop to have it done right the first time. Thanks!!
Sponsored