Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
so what was the verdict?
FAD catastrophic failure.

Waiting on complete new front axle assembly as it seems they don't do any in-shop repairs of the assembly itself.

My fear is it seems D44's are "limited stock" and no date for new axle to arrive yet. Hope I'm not waiting until factory reopens.
Sponsored

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
FAD catastrophic failure.

Waiting on complete new front axle assembly as it seems they don't do any in-shop repairs of the assembly itself.

My fear is it seems D44's are "limited stock" and no date for new axle to arrive yet. Hope I'm not waiting until factory reopens.
Oh damn, so it’s covered under warranty? Was it just something faulty with just yours? Hope its not a common problem.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Oh damn, so it’s covered under warranty? Was it just something faulty with just yours? Hope its not a common problem.
FAD fork and coupler were broken and the inner axle splines sheared off. The little compartment in the axle where the FAD lives look like a grenade went off in it as pretty scarred up.

Sponsored

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
Currently in the Northern Delaware area looking for a ride a long this weekend all stack Rubicon.

amdl0705

First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 DII, 2019 JLUS
Occupation
Emergency Management
2019 JLU Sport S owner. Recently moved to Alexandria from Richmond.

3VOLVE

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Greeting everyone! As of Friday I became a 2020 JLU owner!
2019 JLU Sport S owner. Recently moved to Alexandria from Richmond.

Cooktal13 and amdl0705, welcome and would like to recommend joining the NOVA Jeepers site as well to join rides and hear what is going on here in Northern VA. @Jeeping_Donnie is the club president.

Cookta13

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Cooktal13 and amdl0705, welcome and would like to recommend joining the NOVA Jeepers site as well to join rides and hear what is going on here in Northern VA. @Jeeping_Donnie is the club president.
Ok, thanks for the information.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Hello folks. I have the free oil change and tire rotation coming up. Any good dealers for service? I read about a few simple oil change screw ups at Criswell and Rockville Darcars. I'm hoping others have had better experience at other dealers.

Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Hello folks. I have the free oil change and tire rotation coming up. Any good dealers for service? I read about a few simple oil change screw ups at Criswell and Rockville Darcars. I'm hoping others have had better experience at other dealers.
Just make sure to remind the service advisor when you hand over the keys with a "Hey, just want to remind you that the JL is only 5 quarts of oil, can you please note that for the tech? Also please do a 5 tire rotation."

skrubi12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Adams Jeep of Maryland located in Aberdeen - no the other Adams Jeep in Annapolis. I drive well over an hour for dealer service because I've found them to be the only ones I can trust. The service manager there is great and has been in the jeep world doing jeep things for a long time.

bbq4133

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Granite Crystal 6MT
Hey folks, I'm in NOVA and became a Jeep owner about a week ago. Have been loving every minute of it since!

skrubi12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I believe there's some spots left for the Topless for Tatas event at Rausch Creek next weekend - accepting registrations through this Saturday (8/1) at noon. I've heard a lot of good things about this event - this is my first time. See you there if you're going!

https://www.facebook.com/TFT09

bbq4133

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Granite Crystal 6MT
I believe there's some spots left for the Topless for Tatas event at Rausch Creek next weekend - accepting registrations through this Saturday (8/1) at noon. I've heard a lot of good things about this event - this is my first time. See you there if you're going!

https://www.facebook.com/TFT09
How was it?
Sponsored