Sponsored

DC - Maryland - Virginia

lfisgood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Dulles Jeep (catoctin circle) is a nightmare for everything.
I've been lucky so far with the new Brown's Jeep in Sterling (by Wegnmans), but haven't don'e anything custom.

I think there's an actual custom jeep garage in Chantilly or Manassas (so you'll have to google)
Depending on the price, you might want to consider buying the programer and do it yourself.
Just dropped the Jeep at Brown’s, fingers crossed! Dulles wanted $450 to install, Browns was only $300.
Sponsored

cram501

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Mojito! Moab
Just dropped the Jeep at Brown’s, fingers crossed! Dulles wanted $450 to install, Browns was only $300.
Let us know how it goes.... I'm trying Browns for basic service and V41 recall since they are close.

AstroDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
davescosmos.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Service went well. They only put in 5qts, rotated all 5 tires, and put the V41 steering dampner on correctly.
Good to hear they rotated all five... Safford would only do 4 stating the spare was not part of the Wave service. Guess some dealerships may like to do a little more to earn business...

cram501

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Mojito! Moab
Good to hear they rotated all five... Safford would only do 4 stating the spare was not part of the Wave service. Guess some dealerships may like to do a little more to earn business...
They don't rotate all 5 by default but they will do it if asked. Everything went well and they aren't busy yet since they are new. We'll see how they are in about 6-12 months after business has picked up.

I would like to know how @lfisgood led upgrade went.

Sponsored

Renhilio

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I’m interested in hearing more about people’s experience at Browns. It’s closer than Dulles, and I don’t care much for them. Seems like your run of the mill nonsense dealer (Dulles). Fingers crossed Browns is better!

ekohn00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
I’m interested in hearing more about people’s experience at Browns. It’s closer than Dulles, and I don’t care much for them. Seems like your run of the mill nonsense dealer (Dulles). Fingers crossed Browns is better!
So far no complaints.
I got my oil changed and v41 done. No mistakes.
Put on the record the usual pet peeves about having to hit AM to turn sound on.....still no fix???

Bought a steel bumper and they beat the best price I could find.

Just got my wife a Grand Cherokee and it was the best buying experience I had. Did it all on the phone and asked him to have the paperwork all printed out. Can't believe they did all that...... Only wait was the sales guy having to run over to the lot and get the car...shame it wasn't ready. :)

It's worth giving them a try....did I mention friendly.

lfisgood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Let us know how it goes.... I'm trying Browns for basic service and V41 recall since they are close.
Ughh, the car is still there since Friday 8am, 4 days now. The tech basically removed everything under the hood on the passenger side to run that single wire for the halos. At the end of the day today they now have it put back together. The headlights are working, but there is some error and remote start/stop system is not working. He probably didn’t plug something back right. I’m hoping it’ll be done tomorrow by their ‘most experienced tech”.
I could have done the install myself

lfisgood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Finally done! Took 6 days, lol. Long story short, they caused some short during the install. That threw a bunch of error codes and they couldn’t figure it out for days. I’m happy with the way the service advisor and manager handled it though and didn’t make any excuses or feed me BS. I would go back there for service.

ekohn00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Finally done! Took 6 days, lol. Long story short, they caused some short during the install. That threw a bunch of error codes and they couldn’t figure it out for days. I’m happy with the way the service advisor and manager handled it though and didn’t make any excuses or feed me BS. I would go back there for service.
Did they do anything to make it up to you? Was the short a complete accident or a tech's dumb ass move?

Sponsored

lfisgood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Did they do anything to make it up to you? Was the short a complete accident or a tech's dumb ass move?
No, but I didn't really ask. The first dealer I called in Dulles was giving me hard time because I didn't buy the parts from them. They said they can do the install, but can't warranty it. That's dumb because the kit is OEM Mopar and brand new/sealed in a box, should make no difference where I got it from. After all that I was happy Brown didn't say anything about where I go the parts when I brought it there. If they had said something after causing the issues, I wasn't gonna have it though and definitely would have expected them to fix it under warranty.

Dudley Dawson

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I just gave Browns a try after using Koons for the last year (I live much closer to Browns).

Oil change correct, 5 tire rotation no charge. The V41 damper was installed upside down, however. I wouldn’t have checked if not for these forums. They installed a new one so no heartburn here. Browns was easy to deal with. For example, I recently noticed some degrading on the 8.4 screen and they replaced under warranty, no questions asked. They also addressed the speaker buzzing per Star case. They don’t offer a free loaner / rental vehicle like Koons (through Jeep Wave) but they have a shuttle.

I plan to use them again in the future.

LearRigh

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Grey 2020 JLUS w/ one-touch top
Occupation
Logistician
Sting Grey JLUS 2.0 4 cyl sky one-touch at Fort Lee, VA. Originally from NOVA, and planning on returning when I retire.
I'm planning on building an overland setup to take the family camping, but definitely interested in some easy trail runs with anyone nearby (after this global quarantine of course)

IMG_20200214_121049_01.jpg

knick33

First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon (Ordered)
Heads up, I attempted to head out to GWNF last weekend and Taskers Gap and Peters Mill Run are closed. It's going to be a long spring...

COBoarder

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS Ocean Blue
Heads up, I attempted to head out to GWNF last weekend and Taskers Gap and Peters Mill Run are closed. It's going to be a long spring...
That's too bad, how about the trail up to Flagpole outside Harrisonburg? I was hoping to get up there this weekend if the weather is nice.

I read the Gov order and 1.e says I can leave my residence for the purpose of "Engaging in outdoor activity, including exercise, provided individuals comply with social distancing requirements".

Wheeling should be allowed. What am I missing?
Sponsored