Sponsored

DC Area (noVA): place to get decals applied?

DDXDesign

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUSS
I don't trust myself to put on my hood decals without screwing up, and the place that did the stripes on my Challenger hasn't got back to me in a very long time, so anybody get stickers put on in this area by a place that knows how to line them up appropriately (hood sides) etc?

Thanks!!
Sponsored

dpike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR 3.6
I'd they're wet apply you almost have to intentionally try to mess them up to not get them right.

A few drops a dish soap, water and alcohol in a spray bottle, soak everything and your fingers, peel the backing and spray the back of the sticker, position on body, then carefully squeegee out the water.

OP
OP
DDXDesign

DDXDesign

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUSS
I'd they're wet apply you almost have to intentionally try to mess them up to not get them right.

A few drops a dish soap, water and alcohol in a spray bottle, soak everything and your fingers, peel the backing and spray the back of the sticker, position on body, then carefully squeegee out the water.
no idea if they are but every time I have tried anything even remotely LIKE this it's come out off center, crooked, creased, bubbled or mutilated in some way. Building stuff? Fine. Applying stickers to stuff? 14 thumbs.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU

Absofreakinglutely not how it works for me...

Jeep Wrangler JL DC Area (noVA): place to get decals applied? images (8)

dpike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR 3.6
Lol. In that case a tint shop, sign shop, or a place that vinyl wraps might help you out.

OP
OP
DDXDesign

DDXDesign

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUSS
Lol. In that case a tint shop, sign shop, or a place that vinyl wraps might help you out.
Well, right, but I don't know if any of them are any good and/or have experience with jeep hood decals, hence my posting the thread!
Sponsored