Sponsored

Daytime Running Lights on '21 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S 4dr - With Halogen Lights

eebdel

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4dr
I have to be the dumbest person in the world right now, but I cannot find the DRLs on the Unlimited Sport S 4dr. I thought it was on the fender flare with the signals. Do they have them at all on the JL Unlimited with Halogen Headlamps. I've looked in the OM, on-line, YouTube...but I cannot seem to find a clear answer. I bought new LED bulbs to replace them. But unless their hidden deeper toward the middle or it's just one bulb doing double duty.
Sponsored

OP
OP

eebdel

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4dr
Thank you. I saw the posts about Connect. I have the Connect 7.5". I went into Settings and Lighting. There are only 4 settings in lighting and DRLs is not one of them. I also had the car in drive with the parking brake released and still couldn't find them. I downloaded the "Owner's Manual". On page 49, there is a segment that starts with, "Daytime Running Lights - If Equipped". So that led me to possibly believe that maybe they don't have them. I'll call the dealer tomorrow. Thank you again.

Sponsored

The_Armed_Gardener

First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Willys 2021 2D, Subaru, Ford Ranger, Aluminum Jet Pump Sled
Occupation
Transit Authority Paratransit Operator
Using a programmer, like Jscan or Tazer, you can enable the DRL function on a Sport.
Just ordered an ELM327 so I could give Jscan a try. I was unaware of such products. So thanks. : )

YellOhJL

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
Network Engineer
I run my fogs as the DLR. You have choices over which bulbs function as the DLR.

YellOhJL

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
Network Engineer
I did it about 5 months ago, so I don't remember the specific steps, I got them from another post on this forum. Using one of the programmers; I used Jscan; you need to set a DRL mode. For the sport the current setting would be blank. You also need to select what bulb should be the DRL. I also enabled the on/off setting to be visible in the uConnect radio settings.

Sponsored

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know if you install amber/white switchback LEDs in your stock Sport fenders, can you enable the white as DRLs?

I use JScan and know there are multiple settings, but heard only ambers work as DRLs unless you add additional wiring.

jackgraves7

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know if you install amber/white switchback LEDs in your stock Sport fenders, can you enable the white as DRLs?

I use JScan and know there are multiple settings, but heard only ambers work as DRLs unless you add additional wiring.
I installed switchbacks that I got off Amazon. You have to wire the plug into a fuse tap (I did the seat heater fuse since my Jeep doesnt have them.) This makes them white DRLs. You do not need a Jscan if you do it this way, the LEDs remain on while the Jeep is on.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07P251BZF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
I installed switchbacks that I got off Amazon. You have to wire the plug into a fuse tap (I did the seat heater fuse since my Jeep doesnt have them.) This makes them white DRLs. You do not need a Jscan if you do it this way, the LEDs remain on while the Jeep is on.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07P251BZF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Thank you! Yes, I am familiar with the fuse tap method. Just wondering there is an option to program it.

If not, then I'll run a fuse tap.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Just wondering there is an option to program it.
There is not. I went through this about a year ago, when I installed my switchbacks. When you set the DRLs to be the turn signals, the amber part of the switchbacks illuminate. This is because that is how the switchbacks work - amber for turn signals and white for parking lights. There is no way around this, unless you use the fuse tap method.

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
There is not. I went through this about a year ago, when I installed my switchbacks. When you set the DRLs to be the turn signals, the amber part of the switchbacks illuminate. This is because that is how the switchbacks work - amber for turn signals and white for parking lights. There is no way around this, unless you use the fuse tap method.
Thank you. Fuse tap it is!
Sponsored