Sponsored

Daytime running lights in fenders are too bright compared to the round ones in headlights....imo

Outlawd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 punk'n Rubicon unlimited, 1968 Plymouth GTX, 1969 Coronet R/T 440 BDS 871 blower 900hp
My fender running lights are so bright you can't hardly see the round daytime running lights in the headlights. I think Jeep hit the spot when they put round run lights in the headlights simply because we all know real jeeps have round headlights and they also look cool as hell but I wish there was a dimmer switch for the fender lights. IDK Maybe I'm just being too picky.
Sponsored

Ntegtmeyer

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2014 Jeep Patriot Oscar Mike Edition, 2012 Jeep Compass Limited
Pretty sure you can turn them off in the uconnect settings at least if you want

Jgeiken

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
You can turn of both the halos or DRLs with either a programmer or the radio screen. Personally, I hate halos so I turned mine off.

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I thought you had to have the Tazer to kill the halos. I turned off my DRL's in UConnect and killed the halos with my Tazer. I don't need gimmicky bling to shore up my self-worth or try to compete with the Civics with giant chrome tailpipes

Jgeiken

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I thought you had to have the Tazer to kill the halos. I turned off my DRL's in UConnect and killed the halos with my Tazer. I don't need gimmicky bling to shore up my self-worth or try to compete with the Civics with giant chrome tailpipes
Correct. That’s why I said programmer (tazer isn’t the only one that can do it. Halo’s with a programmer (I use a flashcal).
DRL’s can be done through the radio screen. I like the DRL’s, hate the halos.

Sponsored

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
Correct. That’s why I said programmer (tazer isn’t the only one that can do it. Halo’s with a programmer (I use a flashcal).
DRL’s can be done through the radio screen. I like the DRL’s, hate the halos.
Also hate them. Especially those color changing ones. are they dim on the JL or do I want to go ahead and have my tazer mini ready when my Jeep arrives?

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
On my VW you can get a programming tool (1/3 the cost of a Tazer) where you can program dozens to hundreds of items depending on the equipment you have (you can't adjust the vibration on your seats if you don't have massage seats). They standardized programming across all of their brands. With it you can set the brightness of most lights on the vehicle, which ones are on, sequencing (turn signals), open and close windows from the fob, even have the windows close if the rain sensor senses rain. You do need to learn German for some of the commands. Wish they had that for the Jeep.

Jeepney Johnny

First Name
Rico!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
My fender running lights are so bright you can't hardly see the round daytime running lights in the headlights. I think Jeep hit the spot when they put round run lights in the headlights simply because we all know real jeeps have round headlights and they also look cool as hell but I wish there was a dimmer switch for the fender lights. IDK Maybe I'm just being too picky.
You and me, both, brah. I noticed that on my first "road-trip" with the Jeep, which was when I first picked it up; I was 80 miles into my 123 mile ride from the dealer to home when I noticed that the DRLs were on, but I couldn't see the halos reflected in the tailgate of the pickup truck in front of me. I thought, "Great, not even 100 miles on the clock, and here's something to fix. Wait...that clutch recall was fixed at 11 miles...This is why I hesitated so long to buy a Jeep - LOL."

Turns out, the halos work just fine, they just look dim compared to the fender DRLs. But hey, guys, thanks for the reminder/tip that the DRLs can be turned off, I just went to the garage and did that. Reading the forum beats reading the manual. LOL

ricku

Threads
Reaction score
Yeah I'm with you on that. I love the LED look and the halos. But the bright fender lights defeat the look of the halos.

LawrenceR

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys Sport
You and me, both, brah. I noticed that on my first "road-trip" with the Jeep, which was when I first picked it up; I was 80 miles into my 123 mile ride from the dealer to home when I noticed that the DRLs were on, but I couldn't see the halos reflected in the tailgate of the pickup truck in front of me. I thought, "Great, not even 100 miles on the clock, and here's something to fix. Wait...that clutch recall was fixed at 11 miles...This is why I hesitated so long to buy a Jeep - LOL."

Turns out, the halos work just fine, they just look dim compared to the fender DRLs. But hey, guys, thanks for the reminder/tip that the DRLs can be turned off, I just went to the garage and did that. Reading the forum beats reading the manual. LOL
Hey Johnny, I realize the main topic of your post was directed at "lighting" in it, you mentioned "the clutch recall was fixed at 11 miles".

What was the fix, how has it been since the fix, how long did it take, ect, ect, inquiring minds want to know....

Sponsored

Sand Flea

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Unlimited, Sahara
Occupation
Federal Firefighter, Retired
The day that I bought my Sahara, the salesman was showing me all of the options I could set via the uConnect screens.
All that nonsense got turned off before I even left the lot.

IMG_7947.jpg

blkhawk_jl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Where did you go in uconnect to turn off the DRL setting? I went under “lights” and I don’t have the option to turn it off.

Jeepney Johnny

First Name
Rico!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Johnny, I realize the main topic of your post was directed at "lighting" in it, you mentioned "the clutch recall was fixed at 11 miles".

What was the fix, how has it been since the fix, how long did it take...inquiring minds want to know....
I told the salesman that I already knew there was an outstanding recall for the Jeep I was aiming to buy (I checked the VIN on https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls). The salesman said they couldn't sell the vehicle with an outstanding recall, so they had their service department work on it right away. I was kinda dreading how long it could potentially take to do whatever was deemed necessary in the remedy document: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2020/RCRIT-20V124-1465.pdf

I suspected and hoped that all they would do Part A, unclip that hose and put a sleeve on it; It was a brand new vehicle, what's the point or purpose of doing more? The next day, the Jeep was ready to be bought, and a coupla days later, the NHTSA recall website was updated for my VIN. I did look under the hood, and that hose was unclipped and sleeved as proscribed by the remedy document.

Back on the lighting topic, kinda...When I replaced my front bumper and lost the LED fog lamps, I figured I could still use the OEM fog lamp harness to easily hook up a couple of KC Hilights 4" Round LZR spotlights. Worked great, but I don't think it's possible to use the KC Hilights on the street, no matter how much you aim them downward - they're like white dwarf stars LOL. And you thought the DRLs were too bright...
:)

Dave928

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 03 Silverado, 88 Porsche 928 S4
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
Where did you go in uconnect to turn off the DRL setting? I went under “lights” and I don’t have the option to turn it off.
probly because you're in Canaduh. Motor Vehicle Safety Act requires them.

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Jeeze D60, I didn’t even know the default setting of the DRLs or halos (when I’m in the driver’s seat, which is always, I don’t notice these kinds of things), and you’re telling me if you passed me on the street you’d assume I had self worth issues and/or was trying to compete with Civics?! Also I thought this was gimmicky bling:

Jeep Wrangler JL Daytime running lights in fenders are too bright compared to the round ones in headlights....imo 8AA880C6-2898-4EA4-AFE0-D4D94F088F22
Jeep Wrangler JL Daytime running lights in fenders are too bright compared to the round ones in headlights....imo F39C5FC7-1932-42BC-9832-ABC057098FD3
Jeep Wrangler JL Daytime running lights in fenders are too bright compared to the round ones in headlights....imo 980E074C-5D35-4E88-899C-9940AA6B6C97
Jeep Wrangler JL Daytime running lights in fenders are too bright compared to the round ones in headlights....imo 05EAF6A9-8D43-487E-9A31-CFE48021CB34
Sponsored