jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Does the Daystar spacer replace factory isolator? I know it's supposed to provide a comfortable lift by absorbing some vibrations.
The instructions aren't clear and I'm finding conflicting advice online.
Thanks!
Sponsored

Jeepjunkie

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
How thick is it? If 0.75” then it goes in with the stock isolater on the bottom. If it’s 1.25” then they assume you’re not going to reuse the stock isolater and make up for the isolater thickness (about 1/2”) in the Daystar spacer itself. If it’s 1.25” then you can just use the Daystar spacer alone. I’ve run spacers both with and without the isolater and I can’t feel any additional vibrations either way.

OP
OP
jmcdtucson

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
How thick is it? If 0.75” then it goes in with the stock isolater on the bottom. If it’s 1.25” then they assume you’re not going to reuse the stock isolater and make up for the isolater thickness (about 1/2”) in the Daystar spacer itself. If it’s 1.25” then you can just use the Daystar spacer alone. I’ve run spacers both with and without the isolater and I can’t feel any additional vibrations either way.
3/4" so I put them on the factory isolators. They seemed to fit better that way anyway.

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not interested in lifting my JLUR much. 1.5 max, but enough that I can turn 35x12.50s off road with out rubbing. Has anyone tried this lift on a JLUR and 35s?

I'm thinking about the Daystar F&R .75" spacers, longer Mopar LCAs and 1.75" wheel spacers with stock wheels on my JLUR. Low COG, stock ride and ease of getting in this way, but adding about 1.5" clearance all around.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jmcdtucson

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not interested in living my JLUR much. 1.5 max, but enough that I can turn 35x12.50s off word with out rubbing. Has anyone tried this lift on a JLUR and 35s?

I'm thinking about the Daystar F&R .75" spacers, longer Mopar LCAs and 1.75" wheel spacers with stock wheels on my JLUR. Low COG, stock ride and ease of getting in this way, but adding about 1.5" clearance all around.
This is basically what I have, except 33's. Swapped on Rubicon suspension, the Mopar LCAs and Daystar .75" spacers. Rides great.
Since a stock Rubicon can run 35's you'll have no trouble with 35's. My sport might need highline fenders.

Sponsored

Dalingrin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I installed them with the factory isolators. They are only barely ticker than the factory isolators so without them you shouldn't get much if any lift.

OP
OP
jmcdtucson

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I installed them with the factory isolators. They are only barely ticker than the factory isolators so without them you shouldn't get much if any lift.
Me too. This was the only way that really seemed to make sense. Rides great so far.

Grayson

First Name
Gray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - Sting Ray
What is the order? 3/4” spacer then isolator cup, then spring? (Top down)

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
The rear spacer looks to have pigtail spring perch, whereas fronts are flat and smooth (no groove for pigtail perch seat). Still that order for all 4??
Yes keep factory isolators in contact with coil. The front coil has pigtail stop on bottom isolator.

CWOFOR

First Name
Chet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevrolet Avalanche/2022 Harley Freewheeler
Occupation
Retired Marine CWO-4
I have the 3/4" spacers ready to install, if the JLR ever gets here (on order since March, built, but delayed in transport). My question centers around lubrication issues from previous experience with Daystar. Will I need to put a lubrication grease on the spacer at install to help prevent squeaking? The last Daystar products I used on my JK about drove me nuts with the squeaking.
Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
jmcdtucson

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I have the 3/4" spacers ready to install, if the JLR ever gets here (on order since March, built, but delayed in transport). My question centers around lubrication issues from previous experience with Daystar. Will I need to put a lubrication grease on the spacer at install to help prevent squeaking? The last Daystar products I used on my JK about drove me nuts with the squeaking.
Thanks in advance.
I've never heard of adding lube to a spacer. Mine don't squeak.

CWOFOR

First Name
Chet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevrolet Avalanche/2022 Harley Freewheeler
Occupation
Retired Marine CWO-4
I've never heard of adding lube to a spacer. Mine don't squeak.
The ones I had may have been made from a different material or these new one are impregnated with a graphite. But, the ones I installed on my JK about 6 years ago squeaked a bunch, especially at 25mph or less. I use a lanolin spray on them and the squeaking went away. I was just curious if this was the same now. If you have not had any noise, then Daystar must have fixed the issue. Thanks for the info. Keep the shiny side up.

Cthehentz

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I installed the daystar level kit about a month ago and I zero squeaks , I don't recall seeing anything about oiling them and any type of maintenance.
Sponsored