Daystar 3/4" spacer lift install question

Brian88

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara
Hi Brian - read post #27 - For the Daystar 3/4" spacer (front and rear) the order is: Bucket->factory isolator->Daystar spacer -> spring.

Some other spacers (typically those adapted from the JK), including the Metalcloak, have you nip the factory isolator alignment nipples and go between the bucked and the factory isolator. I personally do not like this solution as it is very easy to rotate the factory isolator to the wrong angle. If you go that route, you have to mark with a line going from bucket to isolator the proper orientation. Daystar/Ally/Fishbone (all the same) do it right. Teraflex also does it right on their taller spacers.

I hope this helps.
Ok I will go in this order. Maybe Iā€™ve watched too many videos on install.. Thereā€™s a reputable one, ā€œExtremeterrain.comā€ on YouTube where they installed the teraflex 1.5ā€ spacer kit. She actually put the spacer first, then isolator then springsā€¦ Thatā€™s why itā€˜s confusing when you watch a reputable station and think theyā€™re doing it the correct way. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Thanks for the info.
Sponsored

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Ok I will go in this order. Maybe Iā€™ve watched too many videos on install.. Thereā€™s a reputable one, ā€œExtremeterrain.comā€ on YouTube where they installed the teraflex 1.5ā€ spacer kit. She actually put the spacer first, then isolator then springsā€¦ Thatā€™s why itā€˜s confusing when you watch a reputable station and think theyā€™re doing it the correct way. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Thanks for the info.
That is actually the correct way for *THAT* spacer. If you look at it that spacer has the nipples on top to go into the holes in the spring bucket, and it has holes for the factory isolators to properly align after the spacer.

I know it is complicated, but Daystar and Teraflex spacers are properly engineered for the JL - follow their instructions. There are many "generic", repurposed JK spacers that require you to cut the isolator nipples, etc (those are error-induced trouble).

Chief20

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Jl
This is basically what I have, except 33's. Swapped on Rubicon suspension, the Mopar LCAs and Daystar .75" spacers. Rides great.
Since a stock Rubicon can run 35's you'll have no trouble with 35's. My sport might need highline fenders.
Hey are you still running this?

Chief20

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Jl
That is actually the correct way for *THAT* spacer. If you look at it that spacer has the nipples on top to go into the holes in the spring bucket, and it has holes for the factory isolators to properly align after the spacer.

I know it is complicated, but Daystar and Teraflex spacers are properly engineered for the JL - follow their instructions. There are many "generic", repurposed JK spacers that require you to cut the isolator nipples, etc (those are error-induced trouble).
Hey are you still running this spacer lift?

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Hey are you still running this spacer lift?
Yes. No reason to change - works great and gave me just the right amount of lift in combination with the Mopar 2" lift springs.

Sponsored

Chief20

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Jl
Yes. No reason to change - works great and gave me just the right amount of lift in combination with the Mopar 2" lift springs.
Thank you. This thread helped me alot. Appreciate response. Just wanted to see how it was going with you still having them installed. Do you do any moderate trails and or the beach with them on?

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Thank you. This thread helped me alot. Appreciate response. Just wanted to see how it was going with you still having them installed. Do you do any moderate trails and or the beach with them on?
I do mostly moderate to advanced trails (Blues and Blacks as we called them here). I'd love to do beach, but finding a beach you can drive on up here is hard.

I see that you are in NY. If you ever need help with anything, I'm not too far.

Chief20

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Jl
I do mostly moderate to advanced trails (Blues and Blacks as we called them here). I'd love to do beach, but finding a beach you can drive on up here is hard.

Okay thank you! ill keep that noted. Just wanted to make sure the daystar holds up fine

Chief20

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Jl

also what size tires do you have

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Okay thank you! ill keep that noted. Just wanted to make sure the daystar holds up fine
Daystar is OEM quality. Daystar/Ally make the OEM parts. For all I know they make the OEM spring isolators for you Jeep.

Sponsored

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
also what size tires do you have
"37s" BFG KO2, which actually measure/weigh like a large 35. Look at my signature for details on my build.

Chief20

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Jl
"37s" BFG KO2, which actually measure/weigh like a large 35. Look at my signature for details on my build.
Hey i just looked at 37ā€ 12.5x17 and the 37ā€™s are 36.5 . šŸ¤£ they look nice on your rig!

Scubanickel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Jeep Wrangler JL Daystar 3/4" spacer lift install question IMG_20210930_161933

* Day star For the Rear Bucket- Factory isolator-3/4 daystar spacer Spring
TeraFlex is different since it has a notch
spacer-stock insulator spring

Donut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Sport S
So, can you just use a spring compression tool to install these spacers or do you have to disassemble the suspension?
Sponsored