Ed_Word

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Me too. This was the only way that really seemed to make sense. Rides great so far.
Did you install the spacers in the front and rear or just the front?
Sponsored

OP
OP
jmcdtucson

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Did you install the spacers in the front and rear or just the front?
I did front and rear. If I had to do over again, I might just install on the front since I have about 1/2" of rake. That said, when carrying a heavy load or towing, having that extra height in the rear really makes for a nice level vehicle. You can't go wrong either way really.

Odyssey USA

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
So I’m looking at it right now after reading that it should be the spacer, isolator, then spring... and then I noticed the factory isolator is slanted. I already cut the tabs off so I’m going to dab some black rtv to hold the factory position until i get weight back on the spring.

Seems like it should be Isolator, spacer, spring from top to bottom in order to keep this angle Jeep wanted. I’m curious if it’s to prevent bowing or another retention method. Or maybe it compensates for taper in the tower that may not be obvious.

Jeep Wrangler JL Daystar 3/4" spacer lift install question image

Last edited:

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
So I’m looking at it right now after reading that it should be the spacer, isolator, then spring... and then I noticed the factory isolator is slanted. I already cut the tabs off so I’m going to dab some black rtv to hold the factory position until i get weight back on the spring.

Seems like it should be Isolator, spacer, spring from top to bottom in order to keep this angle Jeep wanted. I’m curious if it’s to prevent bowing or another retention method.

Jeep Wrangler JL Daystar 3/4" spacer lift install question image
The oem isolator needs to be in contact with the spring because it’s tapered . The spacers are not , so being against the spacer is the same as being against the coil housing. Most spacers have a slot for nubs and also have nubs on the spacer, but some are just flat.

Odyssey USA

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
The oem isolator needs to be in contact with the spring because it’s tapered . The spacers are not , so being against the spacer is the same as being against the coil housing. Most spacers have a slot for nubs and also have nubs on the spacer, but some are just flat.
If it was a spacer kit with the tabs, I’d completely remove the isolator. These spacers have no holes to properly clock the isolator AND stacking them the other way they did NOT fit together. The I.D. of the isolator is too small to fit together without noticeable distortion and an obvious mismatch to where they do not stack cleanly. Again, there was considerable distortion.. Isolator on top, the fit is perfect. It will also maintain the taper direction.

Sponsored

kgrencer

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys
The 3/4" daystar spacers are not the same design as other larger spacers. I too installed the daystars and they were installed BETWEEN the factory rubber isolator and the coil spring. The 3/4" daystar spacer follows the contour of the factory isolator perfectly and cannot be installed directly against the spring perch on the Jeep. The top of the spacer is not flat.

Brian88

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara
When doing the rear, how to put the daystar spacer that looks like an isolator on top of the factory isolator? Or do you leave the factory isolator out?

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
When doing the rear, how to put the daystar spacer that looks like an isolator on top of the factory isolator? Or do you leave the factory isolator out?
Keep them. Iirc, the Daystar goes on the bottom. I put some tape around the 2 to hold them together when reassembling it.

Brian88

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara
Keep them. Iirc, the Daystar goes on the bottom. I put some tape around the 2 to hold them together when reassembling it.
I see, so keep the flat side up against the original isolator. Any idea hoe to put a 1/2 spacer on top of the daystar in front? Ive seen some other brands but are they universal?

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I see, so keep the flat side up against the original isolator. Any idea hoe to put a 1/2 spacer on top of the daystar in front? Ive seen some other brands but are they universal?
I have the Daystar front and rear. They go between the factory spring isolator and the spring - you can see that this is the only way everything fits/indents together correctly. Make sure that as you install the spring and rotate it to align that both the factory isolator and Daystar spacer remain properly aligned. Suggestion: Mark the little noobs with a bright paint to make it easier to see and tape the isolator and spacer together during install.

If I understand your question, you want to install an additional 1/2"spacer on the front for a total of 1 and 1/4". In that case that spacer would be flat with no noobs or slant and it would go between the Daystar spacer and the spring. Bucket->factory isolator->Daystar spacer->1/2" spacer -> spring

But if you are doing that, I think you are better off with a 1 and 1/2" spacer.

P.S. I did have some squeaking for the first couple of days post install, but then it all settled in and went away.

Sponsored

Brian88

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara
I have the Daystar front and rear. They go between the factory spring isolator and the spring - you can see that this is the only way everything fits/indents together correctly. Make sure that as you install the spring and rotate it to align that both the factory isolator and Daystar spacer remain properly aligned. Suggestion: Mark the little noobs with a bright paint to make it easier to see and tape the isolator and spacer together during install.

If I understand your question, you want to install an additional 1/2"spacer on the front for a total of 1 and 1/4". In that case that spacer would be flat with no noobs or slant and it would go between the Daystar spacer and the spring. Bucket->factory isolator->Daystar spacer->1/2" spacer -> spring

But if you are doing that, I think you are better off with a 1 and 1/2" spacer.

P.S. I did have some squeaking for the first couple of days post install, but then it all settled in and went away.
are all the spacers universal? Meaning if I put a 1/2 spacer under the daystar spacer it should fit?

Brian88

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara
are all the spacers universal? Meaning if I put a 1/2 spacer under the daystar spacer it should fit?
Im sure you read the top of the thread where theres some confusing as to the order of the isolator, spacer, then spring.. Which is the correct order?

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR

Brian88

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara
Sadly, they are not.

If you are doing this simply to fine tune leveling, maybe you can order something like the Metalcloak coil spacers kit below. You can add one or more spacers to level things out to your taste. I have not installed them, but others here have.

https://metalcloak.com/jk-wrangler-front-coil-spring-spacer-set.html

Jeep Wrangler JL Daystar 3/4" spacer lift install question 1626243187653
Sadly, they are not.

If you are doing this simply to fine tune leveling, maybe you can order something like the Metalcloak coil spacers kit below. You can add one or more spacers to level things out to your taste. I have not installed them, but others here have.

https://metalcloak.com/jk-wrangler-front-coil-spring-spacer-set.html

Jeep Wrangler JL Daystar 3/4" spacer lift install question 1626243187653
Im sure you read the top of the thread where theres some confusing as to the order of the isolator, spacer, then spring.. Which is the correct order?

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Hi Brian - read post #27 - For the Daystar 3/4" spacer (front and rear) the order is: Bucket->factory isolator->Daystar spacer -> spring.

Some other spacers (typically those adapted from the JK), including the Metalcloak, have you nip the factory isolator alignment nipples and go between the bucked and the factory isolator. I personally do not like this solution as it is very easy to rotate the factory isolator to the wrong angle. If you go that route, you have to mark with a line going from bucket to isolator the proper orientation. Daystar/Ally/Fishbone (all the same) do it right. Teraflex also does it right on their taller spacers.

I hope this helps.
Sponsored