Daystar 2" lift intalled

TJEli

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, truck, car
I just finished installing the new 2" lift from Daystar. I wanted a lift that was "only" 2"s. Not a 2" lift that was really 3"s. I wanted a lift that was 2"s front AND rear because I tow frequently. I wanted a lift that included front control arms to correct the caster angle. The only two reasons I lifted at all were to gain some belly clearance and for looks. I have no plans at this time to run a larger tire. I love the way the JL drives on the road and I want to keep as much of that as possible. I think it looks great with the lift and 33s and my opinion is the only one that matters. ;)

The kit is very complete and well built. It includes 2.5" spacers (you remove the stock .5" isolators), 2" bump stops, longer sway bar links, shock extensions and longer front lower control arms with brake line brackets. I paid $360. Install took me about 6 hours because I loosened all suspension bolts and retorqued at the new ride height. 190 ft. lbs. on the front lowers? Really? That sucked. I have not driven it on the road yet because I still need to torque the track bars. Once I do that I will decide if I am going to put adjustable bars in. I will update this thread with my axle shift measurements. On to the pics.....
lift 1.jpg
lift 2.jpg
lift 3.jpg
lift 4.jpg
lift 5.jpg
lift 6.jpg
lift 7.jpg
lift 8.jpg
lift 9.jpg

-Eli
Sponsored

6togo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler JLU Sahara
Is there grease fitting on the arms?

OP
OP
TJEli

TJEli

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, truck, car
Is there grease fitting on the arms?
There is not. It comes with synthetic grease for installing the bushings and sleeves but the bushing material does not require grease after that.

Also, after driving it for a day to let it settle I took some track bar measurements. As close as I can measure the front has shifted 3/8" and the rear is 1/4". It is not noticeable with the naked eye. Since the axles are never "perfectly" centered because of changing vehicle load I think I am going to leave the stock track bars on.

It seems to drive exactly the same as it did stock. The ride is just slightly stiffer because of the control arm angles. Barely noticeable.

-Eli

6togo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler JLU Sahara
I have had similar poly bushing on different arms over the years and they all got noisy without grease. Unlike the stock style bushing that just twists the poly sleeve rotate and it will dry out. I like the kit but was waiting to see if they were greasable.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
So now that you've had it on a few months, are you still happy with it? How's the ride, now that you've driven it on more surfaces and/or in more conditions?

newbluesparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I just finished installing the new 2" lift from Daystar. I wanted a lift that was "only" 2"s. Not a 2" lift that was really 3"s. I wanted a lift that was 2"s front AND rear because I tow frequently. I wanted a lift that included front control arms to correct the caster angle. The only two reasons I lifted at all were to gain some belly clearance and for looks. I have no plans at this time to run a larger tire. I love the way the JL drives on the road and I want to keep as much of that as possible. I think it looks great with the lift and 33s and my opinion is the only one that matters. ;)

The kit is very complete and well built. It includes 2.5" spacers (you remove the stock .5" isolators), 2" bump stops, longer sway bar links, shock extensions and longer front lower control arms with brake line brackets. I paid $360. Install took me about 6 hours because I loosened all suspension bolts and retorqued at the new ride height. 190 ft. lbs. on the front lowers? Really? That sucked. I have not driven it on the road yet because I still need to torque the track bars. Once I do that I will decide if I am going to put adjustable bars in. I will update this thread with my axle shift measurements. On to the pics.....

Jeep Wrangler JL Daystar 2" lift intalled lift 9

-Eli
not sure if you are still on here and it is an old thread but i was wondering if the daystar lift is still holding up?
Sponsored