Daystar 2” Leveling Kit

PhilD

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited
Wrangler JL Sport Unlimited with Rubicon shocks/springs installed. Just installed a new HEAVY bumper/winch combo, it brought my front end down about 1.5.” It currently sits about 2” lower than the rear. So I bought this...(says 1.5” spacers, but they are closer to 2”)
https://www.jegs.com/i/Daystar/319/KJ09176KV/10002/-1

Question is, will this require new control arms? You guys see any issues I might be inviting by installing this?

Love how the Jeep rides and drives with the take-off Rubicon suspension, but need to get that front end back up! Thanks in advance for any help!!!

-Phil
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

PhilD

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited
Talked to Daystar, they said no new sway bar links or anything else required. Throw em in and go. Did it and it worked great. Completely leveled the Jeep and it drives as it did before. Install took a few hours in the garage, here’s a before and after.
upload_2020-4-14_9-46-26.jpeg
upload_2020-4-14_9-47-51.jpeg

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
You shouldn't need control arms. They'll correct camber when you lift above stock, but if you're lifting to return to stock the camber should be unchanged. FWIW some people don't add them even when going above stock either, so no you don't need them.

OP
OP

PhilD

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited
You shouldn't need control arms. They'll correct camber when you lift above stock, but if you're lifting to return to stock the camber should be unchanged. FWIW some people don't add them even when going above stock either, so no you don't need them.
Thanks for the reply. I’m just going to run as-is unless I discover some undesirable traits. Many thanks again!
Sponsored