N75

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 2dr
Good morning fellow JL waiters!

For those of us that placed our 2019 orders in September and went D1 on 9/29, today is day 45! I just received another D1 status update from Jeep Chat, so I asked to be escalated and was assigned a case number for the "tracking department".

Now, every order is unique and they just started building 2019's on 10/29 so I have no problem with waiting my turn down the assembly line. The reason I escalated was to push for better communication.

I placed my first order in February of 2018 and cancelled within 6 weeks, because nobody could tell me which month or even which quarter the Jeep would arrive in. It didn't look promising, so I picked up a JK so I wouldn't be Jeep-less for the summer. That worked out well, because my order arrived at the dealer in 5 months and 3 weeks from placing the order - second half of August. That's February order, August delivery. Yikes.

In telling friends about the new order (with much enthusiasm) they're all joking what decade the Jeep will come in, and that Jeep is one of the only companies that can treat customers this way and get away with it - and they're right.

So I encourage anyone that reaches a point where escalation is possible to do so, even if it's just to voice that you would like better communication and better order tracking. People are juggling lease end dates, trade in value losses, interest rates climbing, or milking a nearly dead vehicle just another couple months. Having a realistic estimate of delivery on something this expensive is fair.

Thanks for reading, and I hope everyone has a new Jeep for the holidays!

Jesse
Sponsored

richaudet

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Jeep JLUR MOJITO!
I also placed an order in September, but calling this day 45 is a bit misleading. When you ordered, you knew they wouldn't start building 19's until Oct 31. This is more like day 13. I'm not sure its fair to expect it be done after 13 days.

OP
OP
N75

N75

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 2dr
I also placed an order in September, but calling this day 45 is a bit misleading. When you ordered, you knew they wouldn't start building 19's until Oct 31. This is more like day 13. I'm not sure its fair to expect it be done after 13 days.
I was given a case number, they had no objections to the request.

I was also provided a tentative "ship date", which we know is closer to the build date before any JB or I holdups. Some met theirs, some were provided with new dates a week or two out, but I have asked no less than 10 times and been told they will not give out the date because it's not accurate - to come to these forums and see another post "Jeep Chat just told me week of the 19th".

Again, if my Jeep takes another two months I'm fine with it - but FCA won't improve communication or systems if everyone is fine with the runaround.

PEABUDY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR GRANITE CRYSTAL
Vehicle Showcase
Good morning fellow JL waiters!

For those of us that placed our 2019 orders in September and went D1 on 9/29, today is day 45! I just received another D1 status update from Jeep Chat, so I asked to be escalated and was assigned a case number for the "tracking department".

Now, every order is unique and they just started building 2019's on 10/29 so I have no problem with waiting my turn down the assembly line. The reason I escalated was to push for better communication.

I placed my first order in February of 2018 and cancelled within 6 weeks, because nobody could tell me which month or even which quarter the Jeep would arrive in. It didn't look promising, so I picked up a JK so I wouldn't be Jeep-less for the summer. That worked out well, because my order arrived at the dealer in 5 months and 3 weeks from placing the order - second half of August. That's February order, August delivery. Yikes.

In telling friends about the new order (with much enthusiasm) they're all joking what decade the Jeep will come in, and that Jeep is one of the only companies that can treat customers this way and get away with it - and they're right.

So I encourage anyone that reaches a point where escalation is possible to do so, even if it's just to voice that you would like better communication and better order tracking. People are juggling lease end dates, trade in value losses, interest rates climbing, or milking a nearly dead vehicle just another couple months. Having a realistic estimate of delivery on something this expensive is fair.

Thanks for reading, and I hope everyone has a new Jeep for the holidays!

Jesse
I just looked on Jeep Garage for units being tracked. There were 52 units that went D1 on 9/29. 40 of them show built in some form from I to KZ so you cannot be far behind.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
Did you not know when you placed an order they weren't going to start building 2019s until Late October/Early November? I think maybe you are used to ordering stuff off of Amazon and not $40k-$50k vehicles. Things take time, they have only been building 2019s for less than 2 weeks.

But I guess if this makes you feel better...

Sponsored

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
Way too soon. Some people waited over 5 months for a 2018 JL with a 2.0L.

OP
OP
N75

N75

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 2dr
Did anybody actually read what I wrote? I don’t care when my Jeep comes, other than being excited for it.

I do not expect this like an Amazon delivery, I’ve been waiting since fall of 2017 when I decided I would order one. And I’ll keep waiting.

All I’m saying after reading a years worth of Jeep Chat logs and terrible support in the power top ordering thread is that we, as customers, should voice our slight frustration with poor communication and doing so by their own process will provide them the most feedback.

You’re right, it’s a $40k to $50k vehicle and it’s not going to arrive overnight. But at the same time a vehicle costing that much money should, in my opinion, be a little more open with their customers - or at least ensure consistency between Jeep Chat reps, dealer viewable systems, etc.

Sorry, I guess I’m not communicating this well. /thread

jeep949shopper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon, Rav4
I agree with OP. Keep an email on record for the POC, anything changes, send an email.

bumpit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grand Cherokee 2019 JL Rubicon 2018 370z
I was never informed of a 10/31 start date for 19s when I ordered. I was simply told 6-8 weeks when I ordered on 9/24. Im find with waiting but I do wish they were more upfront on timelines. A simple production wont start until around X date would have been good to know.

AMG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG, BMW G650GS
I was never informed of a 10/31 start date for 19s when I ordered. I was simply told 6-8 weeks when I ordered on 9/24. Im find with waiting but I do wish they were more upfront on timelines. A simple production wont start until around X date would have been good to know.
Nobody knew when production would start. That's the risk of pre-ordering. It's your dealership's fault for telling you 6-8 weeks.

Sponsored

Ohwillyb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ 2019 2DR JL Hellayella Rubicon (ORDERED 9/12/18)
Vehicle Showcase
I tried to escalate but they told me I couldn't.

I called Jeep Customer Support today. Talk to someone that I feel really wanted to help me. He said he seen 2 dates in the computer for a build date. 11/3 and 11/15. I have contacted Jeep chat many times but was never given the 11/15 date. The rep told me he wanted to get with his supervisor and call me back. He called me back and his supervisor said that the JL build start date was 11/5 and I needed to wait till 11/21 until I could start the escalation process if I was still in D1. So that's where I'm at. I know the build started earlier but me getting mad at this rep. Wouldn't have gotten me anywhere so hopefully it will be done by then so I don't need to call back.

Last edited:

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Bwa ha ha ha... 45 days is nothing! My 2018 2dr was ordered 12/23/17 and I got it SIX MONTHS later. The wait was worth it.

FWIW, escalate all you want, but it won't get you your Jeep any faster. What it will do, however, is create a paper trail that you can leverage, later. In my case, I negotiated a soft top window bag and 2 year "appearance" warranty for having waited patiently.

Be polite when you call - don't shoot the messenger!

Ohwillyb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Here is the contact information if someone is interested

877-426-5337

Last edited:

Ohwillyb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Bwa ha ha ha... 45 days is nothing! My 2018 2dr was ordered 12/23/17 and I got it SIX MONTHS later. The wait was worth it.

FWIW, escalate all you want, but it won't get you your Jeep any faster. What it will do, however, is create a paper trail that you can leverage, later. In my case, I negotiated a soft top window bag and 2 year "appearance" warranty for having waited patiently.

Be polite when you call - don't shoot the messenger!
Please explain what you did in more detail please.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL