Data Logger

eric.frederich

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLURubicon
I got a call a while ago from what my phone identified as "Scam Likely". It was some company affiliated with FCA offering to install a data logger on my Wrangler for no more than 2 years. For my cooperation they will compensate me $300 at install and $300 at removal. They said it would be something the size of a pager installed near my front windshield. I had it installed yesterday and to my surprise, it was all contained beneath the driver seat. You don't even know it's there.

Just wanted to let you all know if you get a call about it and are hesitant because of the position, don't worry. The tech who installed it said on some vehicles they've put them on they do go on the windshield but for this Wrangler the instructions had them put it under the seat.
Sponsored

JoeValkIS

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon, 2019 Can Am Spyder F3T
Vehicle Showcase
So...are you a repeat offender or international spy?? Was it really the government spying on you? :cwl:

Not that I have anything to really hide but i am not sure for $600 over 2 years, that it would be worth it for me to have someone track my every move. Hell...I am sure they can already do that with our phones...why give them a dedicated device like this data logger to do it?

Hope you don't cheat on your spouse during that time...or rob a bank... LOL your alibis will all be garbage. :devil:

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
They contacted me yesterday. I told them no thanks. No way would I consider doing this. Sure would take the $ but.....

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
600 bucks to track everything I do? No thanks. I’m not worried what they’ll find, but I do worry what they want to do with the information.

If you want to track me, use the 400 other ways that make it possible in today’s society. At least that way I’m not signing a contract to do so...

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
My State Farm agent wanted to install a data logger in two of my vehicles. I have never had a claim in over 30 years of driving. The logger would not only log my driving but has a gps receiver as well. I declined...they wouldn't tell me what my premium savings would be!
Sponsored