Dashboard Buzz when brakes or blinkers used

Mmcnulty

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport
My 2018 JLU sport recently started getting an electric buzzing noise when I press the brakes or use the blinkers. The buzz is constant when the brakes are depressed, but buzz on and off with the blinkers. I did have the radio and speakers changed professionally over the summer. I took it back to the stereo place but they couldn’t find any faults. It’s very low volume and doesn’t come through the speakers.
Sponsored

Beachcomber72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU High Tide
My 2018 JLU sport recently started getting an electric buzzing noise when I press the brakes or use the blinkers. The buzz is constant when the brakes are depressed, but buzz on and off with the blinkers. I did have the radio and speakers changed professionally over the summer. I took it back to the stereo place but they couldn’t find any faults. It’s very low volume and doesn’t come through the speakers.
our radios/head units are a on canbus system. Multiple devices/issues can arise from switching it out if the interface harnesses aren’t correct. But beyond that I’d trace down the rear turn signal/brake light circuit since both are sharing a common ground if I remember correctly.

OP
OP

Mmcnulty

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport
our radios/head units are a on canbus system. Multiple devices/issues can arise from switching it out if the interface harnesses aren’t correct. But beyond that I’d trace down the rear turn signal/brake light circuit since both are sharing a common ground if I remember correctly.
thanks. I did buy a premade harness that had all the plugs attached, so nothing had to be spliced. Any idea where I can find a wiring diagram for the circuit?

Beachcomber72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU High Tide
thanks. I did buy a premade harness that had all the plugs attached, so nothing had to be spliced. Any idea where I can find a wiring diagram for the circuit?
I’m currently getting my diagrams from ALLDATA. But I have a subscription to the service.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Mmcnulty

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Any idea which relay it is or where it’s located?
All relays should be in the Power Distribution Center (PDC/Fuse/Relay box) under the hood. There is a label/diagram on the under side of the cover that should tell/show you what's what. Exterior lights should be relays F26 and F29.
Sponsored