Dash Lit up Loss of Steering

gato

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I got mine fixed. Spent time at the dealer working one-on-one with tech. Brought my printed scans to them. Got a tech that was willing to trace the harnesses.

He found and fixed the problem. I was not willing to wait for a back-ordered harness, so I approved having the wire that was shorting out repaired. I tested for a day and it is all good.

Details:

*** In my case the wire bundle that runs near the transmission bell housing had worn out due to vibration/heat/rubbing. It was repaired. I still don't like how that harness looks and may do further work on my own to protect the wires.

Below is the dealer resolution and a picture.

*** I hope this helps others - lets build a forum database for places to look when we have these electrical faults ***

Jeep Harness Repair order redacted.jpeg

Jeep Transmission Harness Repair.jpeg

P.S. This area is incredibly hot and exposed. I frankly find it odd that Jeep has all these sensitive wires routed as they are!!!

DNNDRTY

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Cherokee, 2012 wrangler unlimited
Okay so from all my research I've done on this all the fuses I've seated, batteries changed, grounds, re grounded and plugs verified the one place I have found to have a loose connection issue is the Green Buss block behind the glove box.

Make sure all the plugs are fully seated. I have found that if I clear the codes to blank and drive around when my dash lights up I can reach over and tap,push,shake,jostle the wires going into this box and it shuts the majority of the codes off primarily the BRAKE light which with my Automatic it prevents me from shifting out of gear. There is no rhyme or reason, no standard "it happens when I do this" to these problems. This is the only "fix" I have found to maintain it.

I have priced out the harness and block where unfortunately you can not buy them seperate and it's close to 800 for my specific Jeep.

If you guys have any questions and want to reach out to help troubleshoot I'm happy to help. My cell is 603-381-3742 I own Predator Trail Gear and have been diagnosing this issue with the help of a few friends at other companies and this is the farthest we've come.
Hope this helps good luck.

Also I have seen more times then not the harness on the Rubicons to the swaybar disc is a problem. If you have a warranty USE IT unlike I have had the ability to.
My jeep lights came back on over weekend. Jeep was giving me trouble with shifting and going into gear. Dropped it off at dealer and they said it threw almost 90 codes. Tech referenced bad wire connection on green bus near glove box. Tech traced it to the abs/brake module connector on bus and could duplicate issue. Service writers comments "Traced issue to a spread terminal in connector C7 of the CAN C IP STAR connector. Tightened terminals in C7".

Fingers crossed this is fixed now.

jmj52876

First Name
Jason
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator
My jeep lights came back on over weekend. Jeep was giving me trouble with shifting and going into gear. Dropped it off at dealer and they said it threw almost 90 codes. Tech referenced bad wire connection on green bus near glove box. Tech traced it to the abs/brake module connector on bus and could duplicate issue. Service writers comments "Traced issue to a spread terminal in connector C7 of the CAN C IP STAR connector. Tightened terminals in C7".

Fingers crossed this is fixed now.
Ok, just saw this thread and I'll tell you what they found with mine. This same exact occurrence actually happened to my Gladiator Rubicon. When I say exact, you explained my ordeal just as I lived it. It took 3 trips to the dealership before they opened a STAR case. They sent one of the computers to an engineer at Jeep and he ran tests. He came back and said it was the electronic power steering module. It was shorting out, and in turn, freaked the whole system out. Not to mention, total loss of power steering.
They replaced that part, also for safe measure checked all wiring harnesses. Have had it on the road now for over 8000 miles and not one glitch, hiccup, nothing. I plan to replace all that electronic crap for a PSC system soon.

Advertisement

Smart Stop Start

Advertisement