First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Occupation
Education
I've seen a lot of threads/posts about dash cam mounting, etc, but haven't seen one mounted in a 2019 with the ACC box. The Blackvue/horizontal-style ones look nice, but I don't see an easy place or method to mount. Does anyone have a dash cam installed with this setup?
Sponsored

trail_runner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Subaru Forester XT Touring, 2019 Granite Crystal Metallic JLUR
I've seen a lot of threads/posts about dash cam mounting, etc, but haven't seen one mounted in a 2019 with the ACC box. The Blackvue/horizontal-style ones look nice, but I don't see an easy place or method to mount. Does anyone have a dash cam installed with this setup?
I'd be interested on replies to this thread as well. I'm wondering if anyone has done any wire tapping into the ACC box for power (for a dashcam, radar detector, or somesuch...)

paffemt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
My Sahara is a 2019. I hardwired my dashcam to the IGN wire. You get the IGN wire with the Trailer towing package.

OP
OP
jgo138

jgo138

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Occupation
Education
My Sahara is a 2019. I hardwired my dashcam to the IGN wire. You get the IGN wire with the Trailer towing package.
@paffemt did you tap into the ACC box? I know there are wires in the rear view mirror that can be used for hardwiring. I'm wondering if anyone has opened the ACC box and if there are accessible wires.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@jgo138
@TrailRunner

IF you want an in front of cab, 12v power source that is always ON (not ignition switched) for that dash cam of yours, you might want to consider the JL PowerPort Kit, made available by Cool Tech, LLC, a forum sponsor.

"This is a kit that takes less than 5 minutes to install and converts the cigarette lighter in the front of the Jeep to be powered on even when the Jeep is off." Cost is $24.95

@CoolTech is a forum sponsor... Thanks for that, Kendall at Cool Tech, LLC

Read about/buy here:
https://www.cooltechllc.com/2018-jeep-wrangler-jl/111-jl-powerport-kit.html

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@TrailRunner
@jgo138

With a radar detector, I would want a ignition switched 12v power source. A source that plays well with the CANbus system. Note: If your JL has Aux switches you have an easily avail. switched acc. wire already.

With such a power source, the radar detection would come right on when you started the JL and turned off when you turn off the JL.

There are such sources right in the cab of the JL but what I recommend you do, is to just buy one of these.

This goodie is very very easy to install. No headaches going through fire wall grommets, etc. This goodie is plug and play!

https://www.quadratec.com/p/quadratec/12-volt-power-adapter-jeep-wrangler-jl

@Quadratec is a forum sponsor... Thanks for that Quadratec!

OP
OP
jgo138

jgo138

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Occupation
Education
@Rhinebeck01 thanks for the info! Those can definitely help. I know users on here have tapped into the powered rear view mirror, and I don't mind splicing/soldering where needed. My main question is how people are physically mounting their dash cams next to/around the big ACC box found in 2019s with the advanced safety optional package(s). And for anyone who has actually messed with the ACC, then I'm really curious as to
Jeep Wrangler JL Dash cam in 2019 with ACC {filename}

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@paffemt did you tap into the ACC box? I know there are wires in the rear view mirror that can be used for hardwiring. I'm wondering if anyone has opened the ACC box and if there are accessible wires.
Kind of uncharted territory. You have CanBus and more to be concerned about. There are ways to get 12v power, ignition switched or not that are not such a crap shoot so to speak, you will have, when fooling with ACC.

OP
OP
jgo138

jgo138

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Occupation
Education
Kind of uncharted territory. You have CanBus and more to be concerned about. There are ways to get 12v power, ignition switched or not that are not such a crap shoot so to speak, you will have, when fooling with ACC.
Yep I think I'm just going to use the ACC box as a possible mounting point for a dash cam and use one of the adapters you linked and/or a power magic pro-ish adapter, depending on the cam I get. I'm curious if anyone has used the box to mount, maybe even utilizing the screws? I don't even know what that bottom vent is for!
Jeep Wrangler JL Dash cam in 2019 with ACC {filename}

paffemt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
With the trailer towing package you get six wires in the interior. Four are for the Aux switches, one is for constant power and one is for the ignition power. That is what I hooked my A119 to. I mounted it to the windshield just right on my ACC Box and ran the power across the top and down to the passenger foot well.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
jgo138

jgo138

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Occupation
Education
With the trailer towing package you get six wires in the interior. Four are for the Aux switches, one is for constant power and one is for the ignition power. That is what I hooked my A119 to. I mounted it to the windshield just right on my ACC Box and ran the power across the top and down to the passenger foot well.
I ran an A119 in the truck I had before this Jeep, and that thing was a “set it and forget it” cam. It’s the only form factor I can see easily mounting next to the ACC box and not stand out so much, but I like a lot of the features of the Blackvue ones. Lots of members on here are saying positive things about it, plus the rear camera seems easy to mount and just a bit extra security.

jeep949shopper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon, Rav4
Anyone got this down? Currently my Roav is plugged into the cig lighter with wires running around. I have ACC, and am wondering the best way to hardwire it?

jeep949shopper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon, Rav4
Negative. I dont have the AUX switches. I was able to wiggle loose the lower rubber cover, inside definitely see a wire/connector, but next....

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
You're going to LOVE this if those are your requirements.
https://owlcam.com/?rfsn=1288309.2f8b8
Sponsored