Sponsored

Dang Idgets (or Why do people new to Jeeps think they have the Right and the Ability to go anywhere they want?)

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Jeep Wrangler JL Dang Idgets (or Why do people new to Jeeps think they have the Right and the Ability to go anywhere they want?) 1679603089903
Sponsored

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 1987 Comanche, 1997 F250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd
I want to be clear as to my posts; I dont think you are at all wrong for being upset or expecting more. I also admire the way that you handled it, like to think I would have done the same. I just dont think this is a "these days" problem.
Agree on both parts.

Well handled.

Not unique to these days and this up and coming generation.

I probably would have called the cops, filed a complaint for trespassing, and made them call a wrecker to get them out. But I have less patience for stupid entitlement than others do.

Nothing teaches an object lesson better than a little pain like a ticket and hefty towing bill.

Yawnie'sPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLUR, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Don't blame Jeep owners - I see it every winter with snow machine owners who have no respect for anything but themselves. I see it with full-size Chevy and Ford truck owners, I see it with dirt bikes in our neighborhood. If you aren't in town with big fences, people believe this is 1860s Wyoming with open range and no borders.
It's people.
It's usually younger people, not always.

And no, I didn't do such things. I was raised to respect the rights and properties of others. My parents would have nailed my ass - asking me "did you ASK them first"? and if I couldn't say yes, my but was grass. I have not trespassed like that. So no, I can't remember doing such a thing when younger.
We used to use a plot of ground on the north side of town where I grew up as a minibike and kart track. It was unused ground. We asked around, no one cared, the property was owned by some out of town investment company.
A year or so later we got word they were looking to sell the land for development and asked that we stopped using it. All of us complied, none of us went back. Proof was the weeds and grass growing all over what we had turned into a track.
I even wait to be asked in before just stepping into a house or garage.
I have keys to a neighbor's house as I sometimes take care of their cats when they are away. I have never gone any farther than needed to care for the cats, get them water or food. I have never even looked in any other rooms.
So again, no, sorry, I can't relate to those who disrespect the rights and properties of others.

Sponsored

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
Same here. Lawn jobs, egging people houses, TP jobs, ordering pizzas from 5 different pizza places on a neighbor and then sitting back watching them all show up (sometimes two would show up at the same time), shaving cream someones car, go out on trash night and collect about 20 bags of trash and dump them on one of our friends house, etc.... I never did any of those I was a saint.

My dad was a saint too. I doubt that when I met his high school buddy and he told me that my dad rolled a car down a hill because he was messing around and a whole bunch of other things, it must have been a lie he was telling me.

Anyone here want to go out and see if a Jeep can do a lawn job? I know that things like a 1973 Plymouth satellite, 1972 Ford Maverick or a 1966 Ford Truck can do them quite well (as I was told by the bad kids growing up). Never tried it in a Jeep.
Old CJ’s didn’t have enough power for a good one on dry lawn, but were exceptional after a good rain. Uh- or so I’ve heard. 😏

tshaw2009

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Willys Sport 2-Door, 2019 Honda Odyssey
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Lead Pastor, County Projects Coordinator, and Former 88N10 in US Army
I definitely did a lot of stupid shit when I was their age (still do occasionally). But where I am, ignoring a private property sign is a good way to get shot at. As others have said, this could have been much, much worse for these women. I think you handled it exactly right, OP.
This right here. There was one time I was squirrel hunting with my brother on my property and just because my neighbor heard the gunshots, he started blind firing into the woods in our direction. I'm not condoning that because he should have called and asked if it was us before firing into the woods, but you don't just wander onto private property, intentionally or otherwise, in my neck of the woods. I have never been on another person's property unannounced for that reason alone. My dad always told me to ask first and if told "No.", honor that because you would expect the same respect from others. If it's not on your local MVUM, it's a no-go unless you have prior permission to be there. I did stupid things as a teen and early 20s, but trespassing and vandalism wasn't one of them. I was raised better than that.

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I’m firmly in the “many people are stupid and disrespectful and always have been; not much has changed; each generation has its fair share of disrespectful little twerps” camp. There are still people being raised today who will be teenagers in five years who will respect others’ property and who understand that trespassing is wrong… but you won’t run into them stuck on your property because they’re being raised right. I firmly believe that EVEN ZOOMERS aren’t going to be the downfall of civilization! Tik Tok notwithstanding.

OP, I think you handled that exactly right. I probably would have done about the same except maybe tried to con a date out of it, given that they’re very close to my age.

Sponsored

Shark01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 392, 2005 Ford GT, 1999 Lamborghini Diablo
I live in the country. The property line between myself and my neighbor follows his driveway back 300 yards (his driveway turns right there) then proceeds on down a long abandoned sunken road along a ridge before dropping down to a bottom (where the creek is). The old road ends on the far side of the creek at an old house that’s been abandoned since the early 1930’s. This bottom gets Very Muddy when there’s been rain and the mud is deep and quite sticky.

This morning I’m in my back field working on a tree that fell into my hayfield a couple weeks ago when I hear an engine revving across my woods over on the old road. My neighbor’s in Florida so I decide I’d better take a look and see what’s going on. Drove my old Rhino over there (down the neighbors drive which is clearly marked “Private Drive-Keep Out”. At the end of the road, in the bottom, sunk up to the frame in the mud is a nice new JLU complete with minivan tires and paper temporary tags occupied by two twenty something young women, who promptly yell “can you help us?” Well, yeah, but why are you here to start with? What part of “Keep Out” did you not understand?”. Answer “we were just out driving around and thought (??) it would be ok”🙄. Wound up going back home and getting the tractor and some log chain and went back over. I hooked the chain to the tractor and told them “you want out come over here, take this chain and hook it to your Jeep”. Answer “but it’s all muddy”😳. I said “sweetheart, I am not wading through a foot of mud to pull you out. If you want out get out here and hook yourself up. If not, I’m heading to the house and you can feel free to walk 1/4 mile back up the road to where you’ll find cell service and call yourself a wrecker”

At this point, after a brief argument among themselves, one of the little dears gets out and promptly loses her shoes in the mud😊. After much wailing and crying she gets through the mud to the tractor. I hand her the chain and tell her where to hook it to the Jeep. She wades back through the mud, a very unhappy young lady and hooks up. Her buddy, the driver, then yells at her for “getting mud all over my new car”🙄. I pull them back out of the mud and collect my chain. Driver asks “where can I turn around”. “. (Remember, this is a narrow sunken roadbed with banks 3/4 ft high on both sides-the only place to turn around is in the mud at the bottom or across the creek). I said “ you can’t -you’ve got to back up all the way out. (As I had to with my tractor).

Where are these morons coming from? A Jeep with good mud tires and an actual driver’d have a tough time in that mud. And why did they just presume that they can ignore signs and trespass? I called the neighbor and told him about the “adventure” and he reminded me of the idiot that came up the creekbed a couple years ago in an old Blazer with his wife and two little kids and got stuck crossing a freshly plowed and Planted field. What is with people?

I’m not sure I shouldn’t have just left them stuck-might have taught them a lesson😏
This looks like the beginning of a story we all used to read in the Penthouse forum.....

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
Have your neighbor put up a couple of orange cones/gate in the long driveway would prevent this mess.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I’m an old (and old fashioned) guy. Normally I’d go way out of my way to help people, especially a woman in need, but my tolerance for stupid is running pretty thin these days.
😂 ……..you just can’t fix stupid……🥴

MadGerbil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
If a private property owner shoots at me while I'm tresspassin', by gawd, I shoot back... *spits* ... yessir I do.
Sponsored