Sponsored

Dana/Spicer FAD delete kit.

Mhonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
And here we are .. The cold hard facts. The 392 does in fact still have the 2 piece axle and the block plate has a fork to hold the coupler.
Mopar PN for the block plate with collar fork 68547745AA
Are the 392 axle shafts the same as other models? Can the 392 specific part with block plate and fork be installed without removing the axle shaft? That is definitely interesting if so since the full Dana delete kit would require axle shaft removal (although yes it would have a heavier duty collar). Thank you for doing this research. Following and interested to see how this turns out. Are you just going to turn off the FAD using Tazer? I believe Jscan has this capability as well.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jtphoto

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon Granite Crystal
Are the 392 axle shafts the same as other models? Can the 392 specific part with block plate and fork be installed without removing the axle shaft? That is definitely interesting if so since the full Dana delete kit would require axle shaft removal (although yes it would have a heavier duty collar). Thank you for doing this research. Following and interested to see how this turns out. Are you just going to turn off the FAD using Tazer? I believe Jscan has this capability as well.
The 392 axles are the same as the other Rubicons by part number. They show the same collar in the parts list as well. And this fix can be done without removing the axle. This would make ALL JL front axles the same as the JK with no electronics to worry about.

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Stretched 2 door Rubi (LOL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
Please update the thread after you guys do the delete and let us know if the Tazer gets rid of the "Serv 4WD" light too. My light is still on after the Tazer FAD delete. I may need to update the firmware though. Thanks.

OP
OP
Jtphoto

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please update the thread after you guys do the delete and let us know if the Tazer gets rid of the "Serv 4WD" light too. My light is still on after the Tazer FAD delete. I may need to update the firmware though. Thanks.
No the Tazer does not get rid of the issue only shuts off the light when a FAD delete is installed.
I’ll be installing a FAD delete. I am no longer comfortable with the FAD. At least with the FAD delete you still have 4wd even though it says service 4WD.

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
No the Tazer does not get rid of the issue only shuts off the light when a FAD delete is installed.
I’ll be installing a FAD delete. I am no longer comfortable with the FAD. At least with the FAD delete you still have 4wd even though it says service 4WD.
Im not the sharpest tool in the shed.

So.... Youre saying that the Tazer Mini should shut off the "Serv 4WD" light once the FAD is physically deleted?

Jeep Wrangler JL Dana/Spicer FAD delete kit. 1380274736987542374

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jtphoto

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Im not the sharpest tool in the shed.

So.... Youre saying that the Tazer Mini should shut off the "Serv 4WD" light once the FAD is physically deleted?

Jeep Wrangler JL Dana/Spicer FAD delete kit. 1380274736987542374
Yes but Only if the FAD is the problem. If you were to just unplug the FAD you would have Serv 4WD warning.

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
Yes but Only if the FAD is the problem. If you were to just unplug the FAD you would have Serv 4WD warning.
Okay. I unplug the FAD, C147B-14 code throws the "serv 4wd" light on, does the Tazer mini FAD off option turn off the light?

OP
OP
Jtphoto

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
Jtphoto

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. Mine didnt. I will unmarry, upload the newest version and try again. Thanks.
Check that you have the most updated version.. older versions won’t shut the light off.
Sponsored