Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
My E lockers on my Ultimate 60 are engaging as soon as I put it in 4 high or 4 low. I’m using a Tazer Mini.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Loren
Sponsored

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
I
My E lockers on my Ultimate 60 are engaging as soon as I put it in 4 high or 4 low. I’m using a Tazer Mini.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Loren
think youll have to install it on my jeep. That should fix it. Just kidding im not sure. Do you have it wired up just to a seperate switch? I dont know enough about the axle if it uses the tazer to use factory switches. Id personally remove it from that equation and have a simple on off switch. But im not entirely sure, sorry

OP
OP
Lorenc

Lorenc

First Name
Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I

think youll have to install it on my jeep. That should fix it. Just kidding im not sure. Do you have it wired up just to a seperate switch? I dont know enough about the axle if it uses the tazer to use factory switches. Id personally remove it from that equation and have a simple on off switch. But im not entirely sure, sorry
I used the factory accessory switches to turn them on and off, the factory locker switches won’t work with the Dana 60.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
I used the factory accessory switches to turn them on and off, the factory locker switches won’t work with the Dana 60.
They are a simple two wire locker. When you put it in 4wd, the lockers shouldnt engage unless the lockers are getting power. The acc switches wont know to send power when placed in 4wd and have to be manually engaged. To rule it out, unplug the wiring harness and engage 4wd. My gut tells me that the new axles are behaving differently than youre used to but there could always be something else going on.

Brett

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
Odd. I have my lockers wired to my Aux switches as well.

Is there a chance you wired one of the lockers to the battery wire(always having power) and/ or the ignition run power weire next to the aux switches wire group? Both are right next to the aux wires and are just hanging down there available to use. That would engage it anytime the Jeep is on. And you are only noticing it while in 4wd which would make sense. The front because you are locking the hubs and the rear would be a little harder to notice..even in 2wd. Though you would hear it chirp around corners from time to time

Jeep Acc.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
Lorenc

Lorenc

First Name
Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I found a loose ground at battery that looked like it came out of that harness, so I thought that was it. I fixed it and didn’t make any difference.

By then the shop called and we tried unplugging the harness where it comes out of transfer case, still locked. We then tried doing circles with hubs locked/unlocked to see if it would free up. Still no good. Only the front is staying locked, rear operates normally.

The shop said that it must be internal failure,so we’re taking it to a shop in Montrose tomorrow to have them pull the cover and look at the locker.

Thanks for all your help and advice.

Loren

Alacon01

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
what was the fix on this ? just asking for my future reference.

OP
OP
Lorenc

Lorenc

First Name
Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
what was the fix on this ? just asking for my future reference.
It’s a bit of a mystery. By the time I got to the shop the next morning and we took off the front diff cover, it was unlocked, and we cycled it many times to try to get it to recur, but it acted normally every time and there was no sign of anything wrong inside.
I wheeled it 6-7 times the following week and it behaved perfectly ever since.

Loren
Sponsored