Sponsored

DANA 44 Re-Gear Torque and TQTR Specs

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
If you decide to replace the transfer case, look for a Rubi take out if you want to minimize budget. If you have the money, check and see what Atlas has to offer. They have some really nice options for the JK, not sure what they have for the JL yet.
Bought a takeoff rubi t case
Sponsored

OBJLU

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Here's what i got for 5.13

Dana 210 Specs

Ring Gear Bolts: 133-177 FTLB

Caps: 66.5-73 FTLB

Pinion Nut: 160 FTLB

Ring Gear Backlash: .003 - .006

Diff Cover: 28-33 FTLB

PTQR: 14.9 - 33 Inch LB

TTQR - PTQR: +6 - 12 inch LB

Dana M220

Same as front?!?!?

I expected the front and rear to be different but what do I know.

OBJLU

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
@chevymitchell question, if I mix rebuild kits, Yukon front, Spicer rear will I have issues? I ordered through quadratec middle of this month and their “ship May 1st date” turned into June 6th.

OBJLU

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I talked to my installer - said to stick with Spicer so I ordered the kit from somewhere else.

OP
OP
chevymitchell

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
@chevymitchell question, if I mix rebuild kits, Yukon front, Spicer rear will I have issues? I ordered through quadratec middle of this month and their “ship May 1st date” turned into June 6th.
Hey man. To answer your question, no, you won’t run into issues. My opinion is that you should use components made by or recommended by the manufacturer of the axle you have installed or are installing. I would agree with your installer about using Spicer parts, for sure. I was going to recommend giving East Coast Gear Supply a call. They usually have a full stock of gear sets and install kits. When are you going to have them installed? Are you doing full install kits or doing a minor kit?

Sponsored

OBJLU

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Hey man. To answer your question, no, you won’t run into issues. My opinion is that you should use components made by or recommended by the manufacturer of the axle you have installed or are installing. I would agree with your installer about using Spicer parts, for sure. I was going to recommend giving East Coast Gear Supply a call. They usually have a full stock of gear sets and install kits. When are you going to have them installed? Are you doing full install kits or doing a minor kit?
I'm going to have them installed early may, as soon as the rebuild kits ship, I'm going with the full install kit.

This is something I hope to be able to tackle myself someday, up until this point I've installed everything on my Jeep, lift kit, lights, accessories, etc. even then damn Rock Krawler track bar that I had to hang off the torque wrench until I clicked haha.

LUV2JEEP

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2018 F150 XLT
I have now seen 3 different specs for these axles. CM posted specs that Dana gave him and they don't match the specs in the listing you have.
I'm using these specs. They came from dana tech support.

Boutch76

First Name
Yannick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport JL 2D Manual
How much of a difference does it make between having the angular-contact ball bearing and the tapered roller bearing?
Is it worth the 180$ difference?

Sponsored

OP
OP
chevymitchell

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Avi Engineer
How much of a difference does it make between having the angular-contact ball bearing and the tapered roller bearing?
I'm not sure it's worth the difference unless you're looking to just get rid of the composite ball bearing cage. I put the ball bearing style back in mine and I've ran to California and back, wheeled like a mofo, with a trailer behind me. I wouldn't worry about upgrading unless you just want peace of mind to make yourself stop worrying.

SpookyXJ

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport S 2 door auto
Vehicle Showcase
Who is making a master install kit with tapered roller bearings instead of the ball bearings and is it for the M220?

fixbroke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Something seems off with those torque specs. The ring gear bolts and carrier bearing caps are identical front and rear, but have very different torque specs listed. Same for the diff covers.

I think that one of those spec sets is not a D44 Advantek.

OP
OP
chevymitchell

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Avi Engineer
I have now seen 3 different specs for these axles. CM posted specs that Dana gave him and they don't match the specs in the listing you have.
The specs I had in the original post were specs from Dana back in 2018. They have since updated all the specs and released those .pdf spec sheets.

I updated the original post with the latest and greatest info from Dana, at least for the Rubicon. I can get the spreadsheets that someone else posted for the other axles and update the original post with those, too.
Sponsored