sstuner

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
While watching this YouTube video of a 1-year review of a Dana 30 Torq-Locker, I noticed at timestamp 9:53 the cross-pin excessive looseness in the carrier housing as he is rotating the carrier. Isn't the cross-pin machined to tighter tolerances within the carrier than this?
Sponsored

workky

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
accidentdoctor.org
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Self Employed
While watching this YouTube video of a 1-year review of a Dana 30 Torq-Locker, I noticed at timestamp 9:53 the cross-pin excessive looseness in the carrier housing as he is rotating the carrier. Isn't the cross-pin machined to tighter tolerances within the carrier than this?
Absolutely, I had to knock mine in with hammer. There is certainly something wrong with the hole the crosspin goes through. Based on the movement of the locker, I would say it's messed up, and the carrier is trashed. Way too much movement

workky

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
accidentdoctor.org
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Self Employed
I did check mine when I was installing gears last week, it was fine. I'm at 8 months and 17,000 miles. That slop in the video has to cause serious noise . There is no way that thing is operating correctly.

Maybe 37's on a dana 30 really messed up the locker and pin. And I'm just guessing, I don't know what size tires he ran. When he turned it and I saw one side of the locker move but not the other I was like whoooaaaa. I know the guy had to see it. But as they say in acting, the show must go on
Sponsored