Damning quote on Bronco vs Wrangler

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
Sorry, but I lost interest in the bronco the first time I saw a picture of one and realized it looks like a cross between an FJ and a Wrangler. The grill alone is enough to turn me away.
Sponsored

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe Tuscadero, Black '05 Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep had the entire JK lifespan of real world feedback to find known issues on the JL before its release. But then they came out with a vehicle with steering box issues, bubbling paint (still didn't figure it out throughout the entire JK generation), shoddy frame welds that were breaking, etc.
100% true. It IS pretty sad to have these issues still.

My issue isn't with people calling out ford. They should. They charge ALOT of money for their products and the consumer deserves a good product at that price. But when the "Bronco is bad" talk turns into glorifying Jeep, I find that a little silly.
Again, I see your point here, and it's on point.

I love our JLUR but I was adamant we buy it new because I didn't want a jeep out of warranty while we figure out all of its quirks.
Us too! I actually told my wife as we ordered out JLURe, that we actually have an advantage in reselling, as we haven't done a lift or tires or wheeled it super hard. It's bone stock as far as major components go. We almost bought a JKU before the 2020 and had a death wobble on the test drive. We didn't want to inherit someone else's problem.

I know we can all agree, the new blazer sucks hard.
Right?! What the hell are they thinking!? The retro trend is in full force, they know this with the Camero, they HAVE a small, mid, and 2 large SUVs... and they make yet another Mid SUV?

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It is crazy how big of a misread that was.
Have you seen the renders for what I'd give up... probably a toe for.

No kidding. I had an 89 Ramcharger and THIS would be amazing.

ramcharger-trx-rendering.jpg

ramcharger.jpg

2021-Ram-TRX-RamCharger-Design-1.jpg

2021-Ram-TRX-RamCharger-Design-2-scaled.jpg

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR, 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Looks like Ford just cant get the new MIC 2.0 top right. This is all on them now as they went in with their people and took over Webasto.

This is just 4 days after taking delivery and it's already delaminating! I'd hate to see what it'd look like after 4 days here in 110+ temps. There are several others having the same problems within a week. Glad I ordered my Jeep Monday. 😁

Jeep Wrangler JL Damning quote on Bronco vs Wrangler MIC Hardtop 2.0

Jeep Wrangler JL Damning quote on Bronco vs Wrangler MIC 2

Here's another members brand new hardtop. :facepalm:

Jeep Wrangler JL Damning quote on Bronco vs Wrangler MIC Hardtop Seam

Another one from the dealers lot.

Jeep Wrangler JL Damning quote on Bronco vs Wrangler MIC 2.0 Falling Apart

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Right?! What the hell are they thinking!? The retro trend is in full force, they know this with the Camero, they HAVE a small, mid, and 2 large SUVs... and they make yet another Mid SUV?

Chevrolet needed a 2-row midsize SUV to compete with Grand Cherokee, Edge and Murano. It picked the “Blazer” name not in an attempt to be retro, but to leverage a name that already had established awareness on the market. Just like Dodge reused “Dart” a few years ago, and Ford is now reusing “Maverick.”

GM doesn’t seem interested in playing the retro game any more. Camaro is not even doing that well, further reinforcing their position.

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Is no one blown away by the renders of the Ramcharger!? How <swearing> cool would that sucker be?!

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
GM doesn’t seem interested in playing the retro game any more. Camaro is not even doing that well, further reinforcing their position.
Even when accounting for the effect of nostalgia, I'm intrigued that the Camaro has lasted as long as it has. The body is too wide and the top too chopped, making it look a bit exaggerated, like it's trying a little too hard. This can't be more plain when comparing it to the other pony cars, the Mustang and the Challenger. The designers got those [updated] proportions correct, especially when viewed in context with the older versions that were clearly used for design benchmarks. The Camaro looks like it was designed solely for and has never moved beyond that garish exercise in moviemaking known as the Transformers franchise.

DigitalDiem

First Name
Capn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Did you ever find a dealer who will work with you and do the TSB?
I really wish you guys could experience my Jeep Dealer in Dickson, TN. Steve Jones. Their service department is Great. They have a guy there Paul Ellison that is their Jeep Guru. He drives a Gladiator on 40's and is a staunch Jeep Club supporter. Never had any issue there. Notified of every TSB and work was done promptly. In fact I was their first steering box replacement. Makes all the difference in the world.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
If you buy a Bronco, save some money for window regulators. Those frameless windows will wear out regulators pretty fast. There are guys who have gotten rich selling regulators for the Mustangs.

Sponsored

DigitalDiem

First Name
Capn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
The day Jeep puts a modernized direct injected 4.0L inline 6 in the Wrangler is when I'll get rid of my 2018 JLU

WreckEm711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 6 speed
Have you seen the renders for what I'd give up... probably a toe for.

No kidding. I had an 89 Ramcharger and THIS would be amazing.
Oh man, nostalgia. We had a maroon one. Parents would take the back seat out (or fold it? Was too young to recall), for long road trips and us kids would sleep in the back with blankets and pillows. Probably get arrested for that now :whew: :CWL:

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Oh man, nostalgia. We had a maroon one. Parents would take the back seat out (or fold it? Was too young to recall), for long road trips and us kids would sleep in the back with blankets and pillows. Probably get arrested for that now :whew: :CWL:
Yup, probably would. That would be soo epic.
Sponsored