Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds about right for Ford since a good analog is that it took FCA 3 model years to fix the JL steering box.
...and it takes another three freaking years to arm twist a Jeep dealer into doing the damn steering box TSB...! 😫

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
...and it takes another three freaking years to arm twist a Jeep dealer into doing the damn steering box TSB...! 😫
Did you ever find a dealer who will work with you and do the TSB?

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Did you ever find a dealer who will work with you and do the TSB?
Yes, the other Jeep dealer 30 miles south, completed the TSB last week. Still, it took a fair bit of cajoling and convincing to get them to do it.

The difference in the steering is night and day! :like:

Sponsored

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Sounds about right for Ford since a good analog is that it took FCA 3 model years to fix the JL steering box.
I'll take some steering wander that is still 100% drivable on and off road over tires pointed different directions every day, but maybe that's just me? Chevy had the same shitty ifs design with pencil thin tie rods in the late 90's early 2k's. It's like Ford was out of the off road market for decades and failed at jumping back in...

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe Tuscadero, Black '05 Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
My god.

All the blue oval loving is crazy...

I just went to the B6G forum and read on that thread. I could only make it to the end of page one.

Owner immediately is like "I love my Bronco still, I'm just trying to figure this out for everyone else."

As he's tearing his rack and pinion apart on a $60k+ vehicle that he waited upwards, or more, of a year to get.

At least with our Jeeps there's consistency. The 3.8 has problems, so Jeep fixes it with the 3.6.

There's problems with the 3.6, the redesign.

Then they offer more, better engine choices.

But these Ford cultists, they don't care. They don't care WHAT it is. If it has a blue oval, they have to buy it.

"I just want to make it be what we all know it is, the best off road vehicle on the market."

🤔😐

No... Ford should've done that FOR YOU. Hence why they charged you MONEY.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
My god.

All the blue oval loving is crazy...

I just went to the B6G forum and read on that thread. I could only make it to the end of page one.

Owner immediately is like "I love my Bronco still, I'm just trying to figure this out for everyone else."

As he's tearing his rack and pinion apart on a $60k+ vehicle that he waited upwards, or more, of a year to get.

At least with our Jeeps there's consistency. The 3.8 has problems, so Jeep fixes it with the 3.6.

There's problems with the 3.6, the redesign.

Then they offer more, better engine choices.

But these Ford cultists, they don't care. They don't care WHAT it is. If it has a blue oval, they have to buy it.

"I just want to make it be what we all know it is, the best off road vehicle on the market."

🤔😐

No... Ford should've done that FOR YOU. Hence why they charged you MONEY.
If they want it to be the best off road vehicle on the market, they should finish Ford's copying of the Wrangler with a SAS. At least then it will have proper flex and steering component durability. Throw in a hemi swap and they'll be well on the way.

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe Tuscadero, Black '05 Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
If they want it to be the best off road vehicle on the market, they should finish Ford's copying of the Wrangler with a SAS. At least then it will have proper flex and steering component durability. Throw in a hemi swap and they'll be well on the way.
People already have!

There's a garage that had a Bronco in like early September or something and SAS'd it.

Immediately I was like, "And you didn't get a Wrangler... why?"

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Below is automakers' US market share for the first 9 months of this year.

Ford has lost the most share from the pandemic and the chip shortage: it went from 2nd (including Lincoln) to a distant 3rd.

In my professional experience, once an automaker loses a customer it is very difficult to win them back because of:

(a) long automotive purchase cycles (between 5 and 7 years), and​
(b) the mature nature of the US market, which limits the opportunity to conquest from the competition​

In Bronco's particular situation, add the number of customers Ford is pissing off due to the ongoing manufacturing problems, delivery delays and dealer games, and it becomes clear that Ford's chances of winning those people back are near zero.

Jeep Wrangler JL Damning quote on Bronco vs Wrangler 1635179344480

Sponsored

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
People already have!

There's a garage that had a Bronco in like early September or something and SAS'd it.

Immediately I was like, "And you didn't get a Wrangler... why?"
If you are referring to the one I saw, it was a Sema build. The why is market buzz. Being a Sema build we shall see if it is actually built to be used off road or if it's just another Bronco show pony.
Sponsored