Damning quote on Bronco vs Wrangler

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR, 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Yaaaaaaaawn… as others have said, this forum is full discussion about JL issues. I am sure you can go one for one with the number of issues the JL has/had to the issues the bronco has. To sit here and pontificate about a different vehicle because of their grab handles, is just silly. Plus this is a Jeep forum. Why isn’t this in the other vehicles section?
It's like this on every forum. We have many post bashing the 3rd Gen Tacoma over on the Ranger forum, some well deserved. 😉We Ranger owners have our fare share of problems too but that's what we do on these forums.

It's no different than the post here where they were trying to justify the Jeeps smaller display screen to the Broncos 12" screen. There's no comparison that 12" screen is really nice. I drove one off road for about 30 minutes and with the front facing camera coming up a steep incline you can just glance over and see what's over the ridge. Every vehicle has it's flaws and there's no perfect one out there. But it is fun to yank the others chain every once in a while. 😜
Sponsored

OP
OP
rickinAZ

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Why isn’t this in the other vehicles section?
That would be like burying the story on page 17 when it should be on the front page. :)

All kidding aside, in post#1 I couched it as a "little thing". That said, I've found that often the execution of the little things is a good barometer of the overall quality of a product.

My beef with the new Bronco (and the Defender) is they are way too cutsie pie and look like they came out of the movies Cars. Jeep was smart not to soften the edges on the new JL.

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
If you have a newish 300 2T then maybe. KTM's are money pits when raced and/or ridden hard. I keep a tow strap on my Beta for just that purpose!! LOL

The new 690-1290 KTM's have loads of electronic issues. The 1290's will roast your nuts on anything more than a 20 mile ride. If you have one that is reliable count yourself lucky. They sure are fun to ride though!! I ought to know. I owned one for over 13 years.
Sorry, bud. But that is entirely untrue. You anecdotal experience from a dinosaur need not apply to any current lineup.

Dakota Jeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
It's like this on every forum. We have many post bashing the 3rd Gen Tacoma over on the Ranger forum, some well deserved. 😉We Ranger owners have our fare share of problems too but that's what we do on these forums.

It's no different than the post here where they were trying to justify the Jeeps smaller display screen to the Broncos 12" screen. There's no comparison that 12" screen is really nice. I drove one off road for about 30 minutes and with the front facing camera coming up a steep incline you can just glance over and see what's over the ridge. Every vehicle has it's flaws and there's no perfect one out there. But it is fun to yank the others chain every once in a while. 😜
Haha I am all for a good jabbing but it just seems like every little crumb of info that drops about the bronco and we get 10 pages of “the grab handles aren’t as sturdy, Ford blew it!”

Which again, regardless this is a good topic for other vehicles section. This stuff interferes with my ability to get to the real reason I come to this section, “will this tire combo fit?”. ;-)

Sponsored

OllieChristopher

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC 2WD Sierra, 4.3, NV3500, 3:73/TruTrac
Sorry, bud. But that is entirely untrue. You anecdotal experience from a dinosaur need not apply to any current lineup.
How about we give it a break? Nobody wins a debate on "what is the best (insert vehicle)". I'm sharing my personal experience as well as stating the proven and documented issues of a modern KTM just as you are refuting it.

I'm sorry to the members here on derailing this thread. This is after all about the Ford Bronco's feeble attempt to complete with a Wrangler.

No matter how Ford Motor Company wants to market it, the design parameters are exceeded when you do rock crawling. It is extremely rare to see independent suspension out on black diamond/level 8-10 trails or obstacles.

These are 2 entirely different vehicles. The only thing they have in common is 4WD.

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
How about we give it a break? Nobody wins a debate on "what is the best (insert vehicle)". I'm sharing my personal experience as well as proven and documented issues of a modern KTM just as you are refuting it.

I'm sorry to the members here on derailing this thread. This is after all about the Ford Bronco's feeble attempt to complete with a Wrangler. No matter how Ford Motor Company wants to market it, the design parameters are exceeded when you do rock crawling. It is extremely rare to see independent suspension out on black diamond/level 8-10 trails or obstacles.
I am not even talking about what is the best.
You are claiming KTM has all these issues which is 100% BS. I ride all the maker's 2 wheels so I don't have a best dog in this fight. Funny you take it that way, tho.

The internet is a place where you hear the squeaky wheels. Head into any forum for anything specific and you will see the worst of it. Meanwhile, the rest of the world(majority)moves on without issue.

OllieChristopher

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC 2WD Sierra, 4.3, NV3500, 3:73/TruTrac
I am not even talking about what is the best.
You are claiming KTM has all these issues which is 100% BS. I ride all the maker's 2 wheels so I don't have a best dog in this fight. Funny you take it that way, tho.

The internet is a place where you hear the squeaky wheels. Head into any forum for anything specific and you will see the worst of it. Meanwhile, the rest of the world(majority)moves on without issue.
I asked you to give it a break? You are at the point of trolling now. Please Stop.

InsulinMan

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Just a little thing, but is it indicative of the vehicle's overall sturdiness?

MotorTrend (November 2021 issue):

"Ford and Jeep also approached the grab handles differently, with the Bronco's grab handles located at the edges of the dash and one down by the passenger's knee. Each one feels like you could yank it right off with a stout tug. Conversely, the Wrangler has A-pillar-mounted handles and a dash-mounted passenger grab bar that feel sturdy enough to tie a tow strap to for recovering another vehicle stuck in the mud (but don't try this)"
Oh god! Not the grab handles!!! That settles it, then.

Sponsored

gerlbaum

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangle Sport Diesel
I’m a firm believer in not buying the first iteration of a vehicle. The JL has been out since 2018.

runningonemptyy

First Name
roland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 wrangler
i got my hands on a 2.7 sasquatch bronco back in June.

i think my experience driving the Bronco for two months before the motor blew RMS and i switched to a 2dr JL gives me the ability to make a fair comparison:

1) the 2dr bronco turns like a school bus. the 2dr rubicon turns like a sports car.
2) speakers were utter trash in the bronco but they were also the lower option - maybe the higher option is better? the sound system in the rubicon is the upgraded one and it’s insane.
3) the 2.7 took FOREVER to get up to temp. the 3.6 gets up to temp within 5mins.
4) bronco has a lot of crevices that are a pain to get into with a power washer, jeep is easy to clean.
5) bronco couldn’t pass a gas station. 3.6 doesn’t drink gas like water.

the 2.7 has some lag but it’s pretty quick when it kicks in. off-roading it was like sitting on the couch - seemed the truck did 90% of the work, i just turned the wheel. it also unstuck itself when i sank it in some sand. the 2dr bronco is overall a larger vehicle than the 2dr wrangler which is great for some things but not that great when you’re trying to squeeze between trees on the trail.

also my almost fully loaded rubicon was the same price as this sasquatch 2.7 bronco with lower interior specs - small screen, cloth seats, trash sound system and a 93-loving gas guzzling motor.

i prefer the JL. YMMV.

Glamisfan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLUR
Just a little thing, but is it indicative of the vehicle's overall sturdiness?

MotorTrend (November 2021 issue):

"Ford and Jeep also approached the grab handles differently, with the Bronco's grab handles located at the edges of the dash and one down by the passenger's knee. Each one feels like you could yank it right off with a stout tug. Conversely, the Wrangler has A-pillar-mounted handles and a dash-mounted passenger grab bar that feel sturdy enough to tie a tow strap to for recovering another vehicle stuck in the mud (but don't try this)"
I thought the exact same thing when I sat in a Bronco recently. Those grab handles did not inspire confidence!

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!