Sponsored

Damning quote on Bronco vs Wrangler

Killed by Death

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green 2021 Rubicon 2 Door
Guys, I took one out 4 wheeling. I grew up Ford, still a Ford family. I like the styling of the Wrangler better and will stick with it. But I am a big guy, and the amount of room I had in the driver seat blew me away, I didn't need the seat all the way back, and could also pull the wheel towards me a bit. I want to know how they did that, I am tight in the Jeep. But driver view, it felt like I was off roading in my old Flex, huge hood in front of me. The cameras did help a lot.
The 2 door is 7" longer...Someone else mentioned it's 4" wider. They also posted a side by side picture. The bronco is huge!!!! It's not magic, just bigger.

Thane

First Name
Thane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURXR, 10 FJ Cruiser
Drove fullsized 4dr Bronco for ten hours at an OffRoadeo event on varied terrain trails. It is impressive especially sasquatch equipped. I just took delivery of JLURXR so about as close a comparison as can be.

JL interior is much more substantial, better materials, better vinyl and hand feel... all except screen size is tiny on JL. The Bronco controls/interface is subpar rental car fare and the chimes really sell the cheap vibe.

Suspension on Bronco is superior, XR becomes overwhelmed quickly. Steering is also much tighter on Bronco easily beats out JL at handling speed. Neither are quarter mile bandits, don't know why a comparison is even made.

Line of sight from JL is much better.

Bronco soft top is terrible... no other words.

The IFS makes trails funs at speed, but limits articulation... pick your poison. The turning brake works, tight skid turns makes quick work of switch backs, at the expense of the trail...

Bronco checks a lot of people's buttons, as do jeeps. Not equal to me, but great fun to have a new truly trail worthy entry on the 4x4 scene

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Geez, my Sahara is averaging what your buddy’s Bronco is getting; I have a Mopar lift, 35s and stock gearing as well.

I feel so much better all of a sudden!
1634678551560.png
I saw your other thread, I am at a loss as to why your average is so low. I don't take many long road trips, but when I do mine gets up over 19, I have been as high as 22 on a longer trip with mostly flat highways. I also have a solar panel on my hood that keeps my dual batt setup topped off quite well, although I'm not sure I quite buy alternator draw being high enough to drop MPG that much as is suggested by some in your thread. It may well be, but i'm not 100% sold.

vegasblue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
The only excitement I felt from the new Bronco was that something new would be out on the trails. I've seen two in the wild on the asphalt. I'll just have to wait a bit longer it appears. I even bought a 12K winch just in case I did find one in the wild. What?! They are bigger you know.

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I was so put off by everything else I didn't even notice the seats!
Have you played with the doors of a Bronco. Meaning, open and close the door and watch the window mush itself into the weatherstripping that doesn't have a window groove. There's also a delay in the window cracking open automatically after the door is unlatched. If you don't pause before pulling the door open, the window quivers. And because there's no window frame, the stacked tolerances in all of the window regulator parts causes the window to hit or miss as far as closing fully square to the weatherstripping.

I've seen much better fit and finish in a vehicle that costs a third of the price. The same cheapness extended all the way to the cargo area.

I wish I had pics of the interiors. The salesman, who was giving my wife the full tour, asked me to please not take any pics. He was nice enough to answer a number of my wife's questions, so I obliged without questioning why. All I got were a couple of exterior pics. And before leaving the lot, I backed my Jeep next to the Wildtrack for a side by side shot, but the gm was quick to come out and move it behind the building. He even shot me an annoyed look as he hopped in it.
Jeep Wrangler JL Damning quote on Bronco vs Wrangler 20210824_172817
Jeep Wrangler JL Damning quote on Bronco vs Wrangler 20210824_172936
Jeep Wrangler JL Damning quote on Bronco vs Wrangler 20210824_173105

This was the image in my mind while the guy was showing us the broncos with the wavy windows.
Jeep Wrangler JL Damning quote on Bronco vs Wrangler 3DRSoyb

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
The only excitement I felt from the new Bronco was that something new would be out on the trails. I've seen two in the wild on the asphalt. I'll just have to wait a bit longer it appears. I even bought a 12K winch just in case I did find one in the wild. What?! They are bigger you know.
My buddy (Bronco Traitor) has been out 4 times with his now, I have been with him every time. It does OK off road for a square 4 runner. Many trails I like to run he wont even attempt, maybe once he gets it lifted and on bigger tires. The scary thing is that the way it lifts wheels on even moderate trails it's going to go over, not a matter of if, but when. I'll be there to try and put him back on 4 wheels when it happens. Hopefully it doesn't go all the way over, that roll cage with no cross supports is going to fold like cheap origami if it does.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My buddy (Bronco Traitor) has been out 4 times with his now, I have been with him every time. It does OK off road for a square 4 runner. Many trails I like to run he wont even attempt, maybe once he gets it lifted and on bigger tires. The scary thing is that the way it lifts wheels on even moderate trails it's going to go over, not a matter of if, but when. I'll be there to try and put him back on 4 wheels when it happens. Hopefully it doesn't go all the way over, that roll cage with no cross supports is going to fold like cheap origami if it does.
Just to be clear, I'm really not at all anti bronco. I was actually looking forward to a Rocky vs Appolo Creed on the trails. But seeing the finished product, it's glaringly obvious how little seriousness Ford put into it. They don't even give their customer base much credit, seeing as how they deleted rear ac vents in favor of a spot to remind people that the plastic console is "NO STEP".

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
.......better vinyl and hand feel... all except screen size is tiny on JL.
On any vehicle, the smaller the screen the better!

I have the 7" and my wife's car has a screen equivalent to 5".

Big screens are distracting in daylight, too bright at night and use a lot of power.

Killed by Death

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green 2021 Rubicon 2 Door
Have you played with the doors of a Bronco. Meaning, open and close the door and watch the window mush itself into the weatherstripping that doesn't have a window groove. There's also a delay in the window cracking open automatically after the door is unlatched. If you don't pause before pulling the door open, the window quivers. And because there's no window frame, the stacked tolerances in all of the window regulator parts causes the window to hit or miss as far as closing fully square to the weatherstripping.

I've seen much better fit and finish in a vehicle that costs a third of the price. The same cheapness extended all the way to the cargo area.

I wish I had pics of the interiors. The salesman, who was giving my wife the full tour, asked me to please not take any pics. He was nice enough to answer a number of my wife's questions, so I obliged without questioning why. All I got were a couple of exterior pics. And before leaving the lot, I backed my Jeep next to the Wildtrack for a side by side shot, but the gm was quick to come out and move it behind the building. He even shot me an annoyed look as he hopped in it.

This was the image in my mind while the guy was showing us the broncos with the wavy windows.
I like some of the bronco concepts like frameless doors. But most don't work in reality.

Can't wait to see modular tops if they ever come out. Love the top gunner hatch but that damn thing is going to LEAK big time!!!!!!!

Sponsored

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Just to be clear, I'm really not at all anti bronco. I was actually looking forward to a Rocky vs Appolo Creed on the trails. But seeing the finished product, it's glaringly obvious how little seriousness Ford put into it. They don't even give their customer base much credit, seeing as how they deleted rear ac vents in favor of a spot to remind people that the plastic console is "NO STEP".
Yea, I am not either, it's just not for me. Having gone out with ones a few times now though it is 100% not a "Jeep Killer". It's no more or less capable than a 4 Runner or Tacoma, at least in it's stock form.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
In other words, you will be cow tipping...
Jeep Wrangler JL Damning quote on Bronco vs Wrangler 1634683303621

MOOO!!! 😫

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yea, I am not either, it's just not for me. Having gone out with ones a few times now though it is 100% not a "Jeep Killer". It's no more or less capable than a 4 Runner or Tacoma, at least in it's stock form.
Exactly! Marketing them as the Jeep killer was one of many mistakes. They should've either aimed lower or not step up to the plate with a wiffle ball bat.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
I like some of the bronco concepts like frameless doors. But most don't work in reality.

Can't wait to see modular tops if they ever come out. Love the top gunner hatch but that damn thing is going to LEAK big time!!!!!!!
Buddy's Bronco windows are either full up or down offroad, it's either that or they flop around like the soft top on the highway.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
The 2 door is 7" longer...Someone else mentioned it's 4" wider. They also posted a side by side picture. The bronco is huge!!!! It's not magic, just bigger.
That's saying something, when one considers how bloated the Wrangler has become.

The salesman, who was giving my wife the full tour, asked me to please not take any pics.

And before leaving the lot, I backed my Jeep next to the Wildtrack for a side by side shot, but the gm was quick to come out and move it behind the building. He even shot me an annoyed look as he hopped in it.

Jeep Wrangler JL Damning quote on Bronco vs Wrangler 1634683303621
What sort of game is that dealer playing? Are those vehicles for sale, or not?
Sponsored