Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I’ll bet owners are going out and driving their Broncos EXACTLY how Ford shows in those computer generated marketing videos.

A similar thing happened when Raptor first launched: owners were catching air and bending their frames in half. Ford had to reinforce Raptor frames.

Perhaps Ford should rename Bronco the Ford Broken...! 😫

Rubi SoHo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR-XR
Occupation
Physician
Doesn’t seem to be uncommon considering there are maybe 36 actual Broncos in the wild.
Jeep Wrangler JL Damning quote on Bronco vs Wrangler 32FD876F-264B-4273-A985-FA33C1305BE7
Jeep Wrangler JL Damning quote on Bronco vs Wrangler 32FD876F-264B-4273-A985-FA33C1305BE7
Someone near me has one, a Sasquatch equipped badlands I think. Man that thing is HUGE! Even compared to a JLU, the body is just so big and bulky.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
So-called damning quotes in the media are toothless when compared to the owner photographs that we're seeing here and elsewhere.

If only the Bronco's steering & suspension components were as robust as the marketing effort that preceded the vehicle's introduction.

Sponsored

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
So-called damning quotes in the media are toothless when compared to the owner photographs that we're seeing here and elsewhere.

If only the Bronco's steering & suspension components were as robust as the marketing effort that preceded the vehicle's introduction.
That type of problem on a trail would creat a recovery nightmare…..I suspect Ford will address by 2025….

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
That type of problem on a trail would creat a recovery nightmare…
That issue came to mind. Could a recovery strap be used in such a manner to tie the Bronco's front wheels in place so that they stay straight during flat towing off the trail? I'm thinking that the strap could be lashed to the relevant steering or suspension components to do so. Just wondering if the absence of a solid front axle makes this task easier, or more difficult.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

longlivethemanual

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR 3.6L 6MT
Someone near me has one, a Sasquatch equipped badlands I think. Man that thing is HUGE! Even compared to a JLU, the body is just so big and bulky.
I drove a 2-Door Bronco last night. I had ordered it back in the spring during some uncertainty with a lemon law case on my JL 2-Door Sport. Yes, even the "smaller" 2-door Bronco is HUGE. It was already tall due to 35s and Sasquatch, but it was wide and long. The hood seemed enormous while driving it. The 4-door on the lot was the size of a school bus. Orange too. Good luck on the trails.

The IFS drove well, but of course I didn't leave the pavement. Kudos to Ford for releasing a 2-Door for sure.

I will say they did fix some things I have been wishing for the JL...

1. Rubber floors! I can't say enough about not having tree needles, mud and beach sand in carpet. Same goes for the marine vinyl seats. They were fantastic. Carpet really doesn't belong in any vehicle, especially something like a Jeep.

2. Integrated roof rails. I put stuff up top and there are not great options for JL, especially a 2-door.

3. Two piece rear seat. Easier to remove and store. Want to leave just one in... no problem. Oh and it folds flat - not standing up and taking half the cargo area.

4. 35s from the factory. "Sasquatch"

5. Aux (upfitter) switches are overhead, not on the dash behind the stick shift where you can't reach them on a JL. Or worse, accidently power my offroad lights only to melt the plastic covers twice now.

No I didn't take delivery . The dealer was clamoring for these and I'm happy for now with my Sport replacement Rubicon. Plus, Ford wasn't allowing a manual trans with Sasquatch until 2022, even then only with the 4 cylinder. No manual, no sale.

Sponsored

millerb7

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited
Just a little thing, but is it indicative of the vehicle's overall sturdiness?

MotorTrend (November 2021 issue):

"Ford and Jeep also approached the grab handles differently, with the Bronco's grab handles located at the edges of the dash and one down by the passenger's knee. Each one feels like you could yank it right off with a stout tug. Conversely, the Wrangler has A-pillar-mounted handles and a dash-mounted passenger grab bar that feel sturdy enough to tie a tow strap to for recovering another vehicle stuck in the mud (but don't try this)"
You can actually see how flimsy they are in videos. You just take 2-3 fingers and poke at it and the entire handle visibly wobbles. It's really bad. I'd NEVER trust using that to pull myself into a vehicle.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR, 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
You can actually see how flimsy they are in videos. You just take 2-3 fingers and poke at it and the entire handle visibly wobbles. It's really bad. I'd NEVER trust using that to pull myself into a vehicle.
I wouldn't rely on videos all that much for the truth. We all know hoe honest most of these Youtubers are. :lipssealed: I've been lucky to have test drove 2 different Broncos on and off road and have been inside a couple others. I've never seen the grab handles that loose but there is a little flex to them. Are they bolted tight, no, but in no way are they so loose that they wobble to the touch.

Personally I think the one on the lower console is dumb. Who's going to lean forward to hold on now placing your head closer to the windshield? :facepalm: The ones on the end of the dash are nice for getting in and out but again they recess the ac vents so far back you cant angle them towards you. Here in the summer when it's 110+ out I need/want all the air directed on me, not just shooting straight out.

Blazing Saddles

First Name
Not Sure
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Jeep
Occupation
Staring at this forum
Plus, Ford wasn't allowing a manual trans with Sasquatch until 2022, even then only with the 4 cylinder. No manual, no sale.
That is what drove me to start looking at Wranglers. I know the manual doesn't get the XR or engine choices, but I like the 3.6.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Those poor Broncos remind me of a crossed-legged flapper doing the Charleston
Jeep Wrangler JL Damning quote on Bronco vs Wrangler 1635013336305