Damn that's Cold! Windshield washer line (I suspect) burst

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
Drove to work in nearly whiteout conditions in Wichita yesterday morning… minus 6F and 45mph winds. Not sure how you folks up north handle this on a regular basis. Sure like the strong heater on the Jeep…heated steering wheel is especially nice!
Sponsored

Byrds8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Beach, 2022 JLU High Tide
Here it is currently 24 with 13MPG winds and a feels like of 12. Not as bad as some of you posting in the negatives but considering this is Florida, its cold as hell lol.

Kyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'91 Ram W250
Drove to work in nearly whiteout conditions in Wichita yesterday morning… minus 6F and 45mph winds. Not sure how you folks up north handle this on a regular basis. Sure like the strong heater on the Jeep…heated steering wheel is especially nice!
The heated steering wheel is incredible. After scraping ice and dusting snow of the jeep, it feels so good to wrap my popsicles around it.

Sponsored

Albertaktm

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Willys 2 Door Manual.
Occupation
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Hope you all are staying warm, in my experience being properly clothed in sub temperatures makes a huge difference in comfort but for areas experiencing -XX only once every few decades stocking Arctic clothing is not really reasonable.

@Albertaktm what device is this? I like it.
It’s a monitor from my weather station. Its in my kitchen!

Chance_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Jeep Wrangler JL Damn that's Cold! Windshield washer line (I suspect) burst Screenshot_20221222-083624

A couple of days ago in IA. I'm here visiting family for Christmas, it's been 40+ at my house.

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Sure could use some of that Global warming!! I guess this is what they call winter.

JCarlos

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willy’s eco diesel
Lets do this, how about which state has the best weather all year around. Lived in Wichita Ks for 23 years nope that’s not it, Florida I loved but too humid, Houston? humid but not as bad as Florida, Vegas summer sucks winters aren’t bad

Sponsored

Viking Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJR. 2021 392 Wrangler.
Lets do this, how about which state has the best weather all year around. Lived in Wichita Ks for 23 years nope that’s not it, Florida I loved but too humid, Houston? humid but not as bad as Florida, Vegas summer sucks winters aren’t bad
Best weather all year round? Southern CA or HI. I dont really want to live in either though.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
This morning getting fuel……. I know it pales in comparison to you northerners, short sleeve weather for my Canadian brothers, but damit, it’s cold for here, and my rig is not liking it….. 🥶 …….. on the upside, I only paid 2.69 a gallon …..:clap: ……..

Jeep Wrangler JL Damn that's Cold! Windshield washer line (I suspect) burst BE3CDE3D-2B0D-4347-85C5-54BAC2B96B64

RubiBlueJLU

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel
Occupation
Structural Technician

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Lets do this, how about which state has the best weather all year around[?]
Mm. That's subjective. For some, year-round temps that allow short sleeves would be their best fit. My problem with that condition lies in the oppressive summer heat & humidity that would otherwise allow just a knit shirt in November. Certainly, that was the lesson after being stationed in Florida.

To the Sunshine State: Thanks, but respectfully, No Thanks.

----------------

Having the time, opportunity and resources to go anywhere I wanted after my active duty service was complete, I purposely chose to move back home to PA. We've four proper seasons here, and I appreciate and enjoy each one for what it is. That meets my definition of Best. :like:

That's not to say that we don't have anomalous weather events. Much of the nation is having one right now. This was the ambient temperature observed this morning as I attended to a few errands. A -30°F windchill at 45 mph gets one's attention. Thank Heaven for the Jeep's nuclear-grade heater; doubly so since I've a soft top JLU.

Jeep Wrangler JL Damn that's Cold! Windshield washer line (I suspect) burst 1671904099943

Kyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'91 Ram W250
We have this posted at work on our maintenance bulletin board. (cant wait to retire to some place warmer and have the top off year round)
https://www.weather.gov/safety/cold-wind-chill-chart

Jeep Wrangler JL Damn that's Cold! Windshield washer line (I suspect) burst 1671904099943
It was -26 in town with a -54 windchill so according to your chart the -36 at my house would be around a -68 windchill. I'm even more grateful for a garage to park in! Although, I'm not sure I can tell the difference at that point. It all hurts on any exposed skin after only a minute or two.
Sponsored