Keno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Willy's - 3.0L EcoDiesel
Occupation
Municipal Community Services Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
I removed the last muffler on the diesel exhaust system, and because I didn't put a down pipe on it, the heat from the exhaust caused damage to the DEF Tank Supply Tube and Hose.

I have a replacement on order, and is supposed to be overnighted to me tomorrow.

Does anyone have a diagram of how this line is routed? Just trying to figure out what I'm up against. The dealer wanted $800 labor to install a $200 part.

Thanks ahead of time.

Ken
Sponsored

Wrangler man

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUAD
Clubs

I removed the last muffler on the diesel exhaust system, and because I didn't put a down pipe on it, the heat from the exhaust caused damage to the DEF Tank Supply Tube and Hose.

I have a replacement on order, and is supposed to be overnighted to me tomorrow.

Does anyone have a diagram of how this line is routed? Just trying to figure out what I'm up against. The dealer wanted $800 labor to install a $200 part.

Thanks ahead of time.

Ken
Did you gain any performance or MPG as a result of removing the muffle?

OP
OP
mvng4wd

mvng4wd

First Name
Keno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Did you gain any performance or MPG as a result of removing the muffle?
No not at all. I agree with everyone that had said there are way too many restrictions on these things. That muffler was like the last of like 3 mufflers. I wish I would have just not been lazy and put that thing back on the next day. Totally dumb on my part.

Gorilla57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito
Just a little bit of info for correct terminology as a reader new to diesels may get confused.....there’s only 1 muffler on the diesel. The first element in the diesel exhaust is the DPF. The next is the SCR filter. Then the final one is the muffler. The DPF and the SCR do reduce exhaust noise, but they are not a true “muffler”. My Ram 1500 diesel only has 2 tiny little resonators at the tail pipes, so it doesn’t even have a true muffler.

And let us know how much of a pain it is to swap the lines. Someone may do the same thing as you did and need that info on how to fix it.:like:

OP
OP
mvng4wd

mvng4wd

First Name
Keno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Just a little bit of info for correct terminology as a reader new to diesels may get confused.....there’s only 1 muffler on the diesel. The first element in the diesel exhaust is the DPF. The next is the SCR filter. Then the final one is the muffler. The DPF and the SCR do reduce exhaust noise, but they are not a true “muffler”. My Ram 1500 diesel only has 2 tiny little resonators at the tail pipes, so it doesn’t even have a true muffler.

And let us know how much of a pain it is to swap the lines. Someone may do the same thing as you did and need that info on how to fix it.:like:
Yes, thank you so much for clarifying my generalities. I guess I do that when I'm not 100% confident in the information, so I think your detail will help someone better understand.

PS - Looks like you are in Chandler. I used to oversee operations of the Snedigar Sports Complex and skate park from 2008-2012. I'm back in Orange County now, but I still have family and friends. there.
Sponsored