Daily driving 37’s

CP3

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition
So I hear a lot about the ride quality and lack of 8th gear, but my question goes to acceleration and stopping. I drove a new JK with 35’s and this aspect, sluggish acceleration and slow to stop, was why I decided against buying that particular jk. And it was a rubicon. So how much of drop is there in acceleration and stopping for 37’s on a Rubicon?
Sponsored

Wojo

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Thank you!

37-12.50-17’s. I now have new wheels but not because I needed them. Honestly I don’t really like the backspacing on the new wheels. They stick out too much for my taste but I love the actual wheels. I’m no fan of black wheels and felt the factory ones had too much. As far as lift I’m running 2.5”RC with Fox Shocks. I removed my rear plastic bumper. There is zero need for a reinforcement bracket unless you just want to spend the money. I was able to mount my 37 with plastic bumper without brackets. It did contact the bumper but actually made it more stable. I heated up the rear plastic liners and remolded them. That’s about it. Simple and easy.

Good luck with the build and don’t hesitate to ask questions. Most of us here are willing to answer.
Thank you for the info! Did you get extended bump stops for the tailgate to support the 37's or did you leave the stock ones on? Everyone says the stock ones are too short and do not make contact which creates strain on the tailgate.

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
Thank you for the info! Did you get extended bump stops for the tailgate to support the 37's or did you leave the stock ones on? Everyone says the stock ones are too short and do not make contact which creates strain on the tailgate.
They don’t make contact. I used some racquetballs. Perfect fit. If only I had some black ones. Lol. Nice and tight.

38EB149C-E9CA-4B1D-9FFF-EC71FA5DE919.jpeg

0F8E7653-3134-4B5B-8A2D-3B8FF4D8D921.jpeg

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I hear a lot about the ride quality and lack of 8th gear, but my question goes to acceleration and stopping. I drove a new JK with 35’s and this aspect, sluggish acceleration and slow to stop, was why I decided against buying that particular jk. And it was a rubicon. So how much of drop is there in acceleration and stopping for 37’s on a Rubicon?
Honestly going to 37’s I couldn’t tell a difference. And I live at 7000 ft. The way they changed where the power comes in coupled with the new 8 speed is awesome.

Jkohler

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl rubicon 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2017 ram 3500
Reuben it looks as if you have blue balls:giggle:. Sorry had to

Sponsored

FastDNA

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Honestly there isn’t much difference from when mine was stock. Just maybe 8th gear. It doesn’t spend as much time in it, but who cares. I have 7 more. I tow a 2500 lb trailer and it still runs circles around my 15 JKR. That’s not a joke. Lights years I say....

Don’t even put 35’s in your options list. Even 37’s are starting to look small on these JL’s.

View attachment 62180

FFB86588-FED6-4751-9E8C-C40E0162E4CA.jpeg
Looks great, did you need spacers?

CP3

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition
Honestly going to 37’s I couldn’t tell a difference. And I live at 7000 ft. The way they changed where the power comes in coupled with the new 8 speed is awesome.
Thanks OnlyOne

That’s good to hear. I would guess going with a Rubicon would help with having the higher gear ratio as well. I hope to be in the market soon.

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks great, did you need spacers?
No. None needed for factory wheels on a Rubi. You will need to adjust the steering stops at full stuff though. But only a few turns that you wont notice.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Coming from a heavy set of 37's/ Beadlocks I can tell you that my biggest concern when my wife drives my JL is the braking(She has 35's and much lighter wheels.) I can live with the performance loss since it's a Wrangler not a Porsche. I have become used to keeping my distance from vehicles in front of me, but it concerns me when others are driving my Jeep and riding too close to the person in front of them.
I've also had JK's with 37's/beadlocks, and can say that the JL is better at handling them in both acceleration/braking. Just don't expect it to be nearly as good as it was with the factory 33's.

WranglerAz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2019 JLR, 2000 TJ
Coming from a heavy set of 37's/ Beadlocks I can tell you that my biggest concern when my wife drives my JL is the braking(She has 35's and much lighter wheels.)
This is a concern for me as well. For a JLUR, what tire and wheel weight pounds do you consider to be heavy enough to make this noticeable? I will be soon changing to Cooper STT Pro and probably a Fuel wheel. I can look up the pounds, and thought it would be good to see if they are considered heavy.

Sponsored

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
Running 37x13.5 STT Pros. Definitely a little stiffer than the Toyo MT 35's than I had before but not too bad. You get a little shimmy over uneven bumps but it drives well.

untitled%20%281%20of%2059%29-X2.jpg

rtdwild

First Name
Artin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I had a 14 JKUR with AEV 3.5 and 35s. auto tranny and re-geared to 4.56 gear ratio....

now I have 18 JLUR with 3.5 RK and 37s not change to gear ratio.

now Difference to ride with 37s, I'd say my jk was softer but I have different lift so can't judge that!
this 8 speed tranny is amazing and it accelerate faster than jk and stopping is same.

MPG on my jk was 14 average and is 15.7 on JL.

you defiantly see 8 gear less on freeway, I recently came back from a trip and had cargo and rear seats full as well as a 150 quart cool box full on the rack.... did not see 8th gear at all and mostly was on 6th.

Overall couldn't be more happy with the set up, but every day I experience some sort of electrical issue! from camera going out and coming back to ESC and autostart issues.

20180921_112409.jpg

20180922_134317.jpg

PaPasJP

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I bought the 37's for the aesthetics as the 1" clearance won't justify the costs.

I had to have the 37's as I just really like the look.

Re-gear, no..... but the is subject to what I will continue to do with it.

Gas mileage, I don't know.... Didn't buy it for gas mileage.

Love the feel and the look from up here as well.

g9wBcADqYiWoKkOLxXyWi1jgcHU7c71Rznna_jCQm-ARl3M7LIsZyanEF-2SvMxi7Zw8tjN5eyTYssBXLE=w1634-h919-no.jpg
Sponsored