Sponsored

Daily Driver- Wrangler JL 2019-yes or no.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Love my JL as a DD. However, on a long trip, 4 hours is about all my back can take without a break, I wish the seats were just a tad better. Then again, at 64 years of age, my back does best in a recliner!
You have heated seats? Try turning them on to warm your back up to get some circulation. Play with the position. You would be surprised at how much of a improvement a very slight adjustment can make. As a last effort, you can have a good automotive upholstery shop customize your seat. Your seat can be as comfortable as your favorite lounger. They can add more or less support, different contours and types of foam firmness. They even use memory foam if you want. Shops do that kind of work all the time. It will cost a couple of hundred bucks but your back will thank you. It will be well worth it if you are uncomfortable with the factory seat set up.
Sponsored

Last edited:

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Having owned 4 Crew Cab Ram 1500's last 10 years I went right to the 2019 JLU Sahara 4-door. I had been looking at Jeeps but without the Technology group, my Rams had never wanted one. (Simple Garage door Opener) hell, I couldn't find my Handheld opener if I tired. So when they finally loaded them with what my Ram's had I got one. I love the Jeep now, at age 61 its comfortable to me. I know they say Jeeps are Jeeps but using as my DD now and be able to go off-road has been great and having the Technology inside is great. :jk:

basinite

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys (2 door)
I'm currently on my 3rd Jeep as a daily driver and wouldn't have it any other way. Every one of them has been a 2 door sport. I have literally crossed the country around 7 or 8 times and lived in rural areas, as well as two major cities to include Seattle. Trust me, they make excellent daily drivers!!

If you are reading this and on the "fence" regarding if you would like to be part of the Jeep culture or not. Just do it!!! Once you start driving Jeeps, you will be hooked. I went many years without one due to belief I had to have a truck to haul stuff and etc. How wrong I was. Jeeps are amazing, fun to drive and way more refined than in years past.

Its hard to explain, but they have a unique tendency to graph themselves into your life and become part of who you are. As time marches on, it will become increasingly strange to think of YOUR world without a Jeep in it.

Uhdinator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport HT 2.0T Auto, 2003 TJ Rubicon HT
Vehicle Showcase
10 yrs with a YJ soft top, 10 yrs with a TJ hard top as daily drivers. Jeeps were all 2 drs then and my current JL is also a 2dr. No big deal. I don't need to drive at 75MPH though. The difference between 65 and 75 can be as much as 5-6 MPG as well as a little more wind noise depending on HT or Soft top. My JL has no wind noise issues with a HT and HT is preferred for security reasons. Its not an Escalade or whatever other luxury SUV or truck you want to compare it to.........but the top and doors can be removed, aftermarket options are many, and it can go many places big luxury SUV's cannot, especially with a 2 dr which is very nimble in tight spots.

If you have to drive at 75-80 and have long commute times and economy is important, then get a Honda or similar that will get you 30-40 mpg.

Testut

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL 2-door
I'm on my second Wrangler (JK first and now a JL, both 2-doors) and have used them as my daily driver from day one. More importantly, I just returned from a 7800 mile trip around the USA initially crossing via I-90 but after Seattle dropping down to Northern CA across the Cascades picking up "America's Loneliest Highway" in Nevada before dropping southward to Utah... It was a lot of fun and not a single problem.

I confess that I prefer my Jeep GC for such trips, but was curious to see if I could survive a cross-country Wrangler excursion. I did and enjoyed all the comments from folks who'd look at the license plates and ask if I really drove all that distance in a Wrangler. I did and I would again!

Sponsored

igloodude

First Name
Gloo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Hi, I'm new to the forum. I'm sort of new to Jeeps, I had a 2dr Cherokee (with 250K on a second engine) that had its transmission crap out on the NJ Turnpike 18yrs ago. But anyway, I'm now fairly sure I'm going to be trading in my 2007 ragtop Mustang GT for a 2dr JL. While I love launching on interstate on-ramps, I'd prefer to have something that I can drive in ANY weather (in New Hampshire), anywhere, and still run with the top down when the temps creep past the 50s, so getting feedback that the JL makes a great DD is just awesome.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Hi, I'm new to the forum. I'm sort of new to Jeeps, I had a 2dr Cherokee (with 250K on a second engine) that had its transmission crap out on the NJ Turnpike 18yrs ago. But anyway, I'm now fairly sure I'm going to be trading in my 2007 ragtop Mustang GT for a 2dr JL. While I love launching on interstate on-ramps, I'd prefer to have something that I can drive in ANY weather (in New Hampshire), anywhere, and still run with the top down when the temps creep past the 50s, so getting feedback that the JL makes a great DD is just awesome.
Your going to love the Wrangler! I have a couple of really fun sports cars but I hardly drive them anymore. I find myself always driving the Wrangler.

Aesikidesi

First Name
Rubin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLUA / RUFICON
Occupation
Data Analyst / IT Data Recovery
Vehicle Showcase
Went from a VW GTI to the Wrangler JLUA.....Much happier with the change the flipping roads and Moron drivers looking for Mickey Mouse in Orlando FL is the main reason.

Sponsored

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR, 2007 Yamaha R6
Mine is a bit louder with the wind noise compared to when I purchased it due to the 3.5" MC lift, 37in tires, and soft top. I DD mine and I am loving it. Sound doesn't really bother me, as even with the increased wind noise it is still much quieter than my previous car, '17 Subaru WRX STI with full turboback exhaust, CAI, equal length headers. I can now carry a normal phone call conversation without having to scream and strain my ears to listen to the other person.

I also don't know what it is, but I am enjoying driving more with the JLUR than my rice rocket that I had. Sure, my STI was faster, lower, louder. But I guess I don't enjoy that speed like I used to. I was driving the STI like a normal car, not really hammering the gas pedal, or driving real fast on highways. So on my off days I prefer to sit in other peoples car than drive myself. Now with the JLUR, I'm telling everyone we are taking my car! It's also more relaxing for me to drive my Wrangler than my STI.

Bocephus1963

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon. 1976 K5 Blazer. 1995 S10 Blazer 4wd
Occupation
Forklift Operator
I bought my JLU Rubicon as a daily driver and couldn't be happier. Plenty of power, decent gas mileage ( I have the 3.6/auto), adequate comfort and plenty of room for groceries also. When we go grocery shopping now the wife always wants to take the Jeep, heck she wants to take it everywhere we go, lol. I recently drove from Modesto Ca to Solvang which is about a 5 1/2 hour trip and I never felt the need to have to stop and stretch my legs or rest my back. And I got 23-24 mpg at 75 mph. I'd recommend it as a DD to anyone.

OP
OP
GGolds

GGolds

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2019 JLU Sahara. 3.6, V6. Mojito with a black hard top. Tan leather. 2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited.
Occupation
Paramedic
I'm currently on my 3rd Jeep as a daily driver and wouldn't have it any other way. Every one of them has been a 2 door sport. I have literally crossed the country around 7 or 8 times and lived in rural areas, as well as two major cities to include Seattle. Trust me, they make excellent daily drivers!!

If you are reading this and on the "fence" regarding if you would like to be part of the Jeep culture or not. Just do it!!! Once you start driving Jeeps, you will be hooked. I went many years without one due to belief I had to have a truck to haul stuff and etc. How wrong I was. Jeeps are amazing, fun to drive and way more refined than in years past.

Its hard to explain, but they have a unique tendency to graph themselves into your life and become part of who you are. As time marches on, it will become increasingly strange to think of YOUR world without a Jeep in it.
AGREED!. Ive never been so anxious at 1am to find a reason to get in and drive rather then sleep. My sleep sucks since back, shoulder and neck surgery and my heated seats in the JEEP are amazing. Even the steering wheel gets HOT. The local 24 hour CVS Pharmacy is an adventure to get to. I love my JL.

OP
OP
GGolds

GGolds

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2019 JLU Sahara. 3.6, V6. Mojito with a black hard top. Tan leather. 2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited.
Occupation
Paramedic
seems everyone always has such fond memories of my horrid state :)
I also broke down in a Land Rover on the NJ Turnpike. However, I have a lot of fond memories of NJ. Lots of amazing towns and country and things to do. I prefer Connecticut but honestly, it seems like the states people like to bitch about the most have a lot going for them, accept of course historically horrid governors and property tax's that are through the roof. How many people do you know that move from New England to Florida or the Carolinas and inevitably come back a few years later. Anyway, I LOVE my 19 JL Unlimited Sahara.

Last edited:

Grooster

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Unlimited Rubicon, 2016 Cherokee Latitude
Occupation
IT Director
De
Check your tire pressure. Wranglers are usually delivered with 40+psi from the factory for shipping. Dealers are supposed to check tire pressures but many do not. Try 35-36psi. That usually makes a significant improvement with steering feel on the highway. Enjoy!
Agreed - set your tire pressure cold to 36 psi. You will be glad you did! More control, less wander.
Sponsored