Sponsored

Daily Driver- Wrangler JL 2019-yes or no.

OP
OP
GGolds

GGolds

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2019 JLU Sahara. 3.6, V6. Mojito with a black hard top. Tan leather. 2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited.
Occupation
Paramedic
How many people won’t get Wagoneer...???? :giggle:

Mine is my DD also. LOVE IT!!!!!!
ACB8B430-36AB-42B8-A653-D2294F01B5CE.jpeg
That is an awesome picture. Would make a great holiday card. What town is that?
Sponsored

Oscar16

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler unlimited Sahara
My 2019 Sahara is all I drive. I got hard top so would help the highway noise. I love it. No problem with noise ever. Well top off maybe. Haha

firemk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S (Punk'n)
I just rolled over 40K miles on my JLU which is obviously my DD due to the miles. I had driven full size pickups as my DD for well over 20 yrs prior to the Jeep. I find it comfortable enough for long hauls, it is far easier to maneuver in tight spots, and a lot more fun. I have the hardtop but recently added the Bestop Sunrider for Hardtop which I am able to run open at least part of the day almost every day.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Hello fellow Jeepsters! Like the op I have had many cars in a small space of time ..usually keeping 2 to three years and always loosing money on the next vehicle to trade for! In my case I kept trading to sports cars...my last was a 981 boxster that I traded for the JL. I of course went with the 2 door manual as that actually satisfies my need for a smallish coupe type vehicle. I have to say I would agree with everyone that my enjoyment is really more about the drive where as before it was about the speed and it's limits.
The plus side of it being my DD is that it really is a nice environment to be in because I commute 60 miles a day to and from work and can depend on the fact that if we get hit (New England) with a storm, I can get to work or to home. I have been lucky to not have had many of the issues some report about, The cab is quiet..the steering is great of course if it is windy I do feel it. With that being said my porsche had it's own set of issues as do all vehicles. Love my Jeep and hope to hang on to this one. They have come a long way and yet are still the most unique vehicle you can still purchase!

Sponsored

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6m, 2019 Acura RDX Adv.
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
I’ve had mine for a little over a week now. I have a rubicon and a sky one touch. It’s amazingly quiet considering. Even at highway speeds it’s barely louder than my old volvo I traded in. Power is good.

my one gripe daily driving is... the steering. Maybe I didn’t notice it at first or maybe it loosened up. But the center dead spot is massive. Where millimeters if adjustment were required at highway speed to keep it between the lines in my volvo this one requires inches.

The only reason I care about the steering is the fantastic infotainment and Nav system. Unfortunately if I take my eyes of the road for a second I can wander out of my lane so I really can’t look at it. It’s a bear to keep in the lane.

OP
OP
GGolds

GGolds

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2019 JLU Sahara. 3.6, V6. Mojito with a black hard top. Tan leather. 2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited.
Occupation
Paramedic
Your steering for 2020 really shouldn't be doing that. They corrected the issue so I would get it right back to the dealer and have it fixed, that would make me insane. Enjoy your Rubicon. I'm sure they will get it straightened out.

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
Your steering for 2020 really shouldn't be doing that. They corrected the issue so I would get it right back to the dealer and have it fixed, that would make me insane. Enjoy your Rubicon. I'm sure they will get it straightened out.
I see them Tuesday for this and the telematics not working. That’s a whole other story and frankly not one I care about since I don’t and won’t use it. JeepCares is collecting folks with that issue and is on it.
The steering tighter however would make this car perfect.

OP
OP
GGolds

GGolds

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Paramedic
I see them Tuesday for this and the telematics not working. That’s a whole other story and frankly not one I care about since I don’t and won’t use it. JeepCares is collecting folks with that issue and is on it.
The steering tighter however would make this car perfect.
What do you mean by telematics?. I ordered my Wrangler and thank G-d the steering is tight or I would have tossed my mind.

Sponsored

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
my one gripe daily driving is... the steering. Maybe I didn’t notice it at first or maybe it loosened up. But the center dead spot is massive. Where millimeters if adjustment were required at highway speed to keep it between the lines in my volvo this one requires inches.

The only reason I care about the steering is the fantastic infotainment and Nav system. Unfortunately if I take my eyes of the road for a second I can wander out of my lane so I really can’t look at it. It’s a bear to keep in the lane.
OMG I’m truly sorry to hear that. :crying: I hope you get it fixed so you can really enjoy your ride.

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
What do you mean by telematics?. I ordered my Wrangler and thank G-d the steering is tight or I would have tossed my mind.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/apps-not-available.41896/

A few of us having this issue.

I love the car. A lot of fun. Cars are complete now so issues happen. The Nav system is pretty cool. The highway mode with info on road signs, rest stops, gas, etc is near. Just can’t look at it for very long or I’m in the next lane. Lol.

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
I’ve had mine for a little over a week now. I have a rubicon and a sky one touch. It’s amazingly quiet considering. Even at highway speeds it’s barely louder than my old volvo I traded in. Power is good.

Btw, I have one of the early ‘20 Sahara’s. Ordered on 7/27/19. Took delivery 9/5/19. Mine is a DD and steering is really good. Thats even with the Mopar 2” lift and 35’s.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
good write up.

my 19 2 door jl is my only vehicle i have and i love it.i have 6900 miles on it since may and done a couple trips to tn, nc, md and couldnt be any happier with it. the jl rode smooth and comfortable. the gas mileage is great. my daily commute for work is 15 miles round trip and have no complaints. by far the jl is much better then my last ride which was a 07 grand cherokee.

KnG818

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon
Thank you. It may be short lived, sorta. They want me to come back as a "consultant". But it would be part time.
Great money in that...and part time to keep you busy, heck yeah.
Sponsored