Sponsored

Daily Driver- Wrangler JL 2019-yes or no.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Curtis, I hope you’re good buddy. Those are Steinjager tube doors my brother.
Nice, we are staying as Safe as possible down my way. COVID19 is all over. But White House says we are all OK. Hot Topic. :swear::facepalm:

So hopefully all is well your way !!

Summer has moved in and my Jeep is buttoned up with AC Full Blast !!!

Stay Safe !!
Sponsored

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
No, its a newer one.. 1979 is when the G class was first released.. the decal was removed a day later cuz no one was getting it.. ppl started asking me why i put my birth year on the bonnet, Being born 1988, i was quite offended by the question.. lol
:CWL: :CWL: :CWL:

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
Consumer Reports states that the Wrangler's wind noise makes it only good for around town jaunts. That is OBSURD. Let me just say, the Wrangler JL does have some extra wind noise due to the flat windshield. However, it is by no means "loud". You hear it, but I have no problem having discussions in my Jeep on the highway in any way.
I haven't had mine very long and just got back from a 1900 mile road trip. I can easily tolerate the noise. I can have a conversation just fine in the car but it does interfere with listening to music on the radio. Equally disturbing to some people might be the bounciness when driving over slightly rougher road surfaces at highway speeds. I don't think there is a reason for this, our WJ with solid front and rear axles was not like this at all. The steering is also a lot less stable on the highway so if you are the kind of person to fidget with stuff in the car, play with your phone or the radio, put on your makeup, etc. you have to be a lot more careful. But otherwise driving around town it is perfectly fine as a daily driver.

You have to put up with these annoyances to get the off road ability. If you aren't going to go offroad then why would you even consider this? Buy a Grand Cherokee or a Malibu and enjoy the ride and the quiet.

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Soft top jeep is my daily vehicle. Quiet as a hard top vehicle, no. Noisy, no. If I wanted very quiet and a very smooth ride then I would have bought a Lexus or something. I can say it's much quieter and rides better than my 2002 Miata. I've made several road trips with the spouse and she hasn't complained either. She would not be going anywhere in the Jeep if it was considered loud and rough.

KDoc

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Jeep Cherokee Unlimited 2015 Diesel, 2019 JL Overland ( Sahara in USA)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
As I've said in previous threads, I enjoy driving my Wrangler more then anything else I've owned including my previous Corvette Grand Sport, Mini Cooper Countryman, Range Rover Evoque, Kia Sorento SXL V6 and on and on. Long drives are comfortable for me as well. The steering I find very easy and the wind noise not nearly as bad as so many people seem to bitch about.
Me too , our JL points a smile on our faces short or long drives .
Jeep Wrangler JL Daily Driver- Wrangler JL 2019-yes or no. DD623525-0108-4760-9D8A-54741EB283EF
Sponsored