Daily driver or second vehicle

melman8r

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sarge Green JLR
I had a 2017 SR5 DCSB. Over 65k miles I averaged 21.3 MPG. So far, over almost 6k miles I am averaging 20.3 MPG. My Taco was an Automatic. I bought a 2019 Rubicon Unlimited, and it is running the M/T tires, so probably losing a little bit there. I plan on switching to the Falken AT3W's when these wear, I ran those on the Taco and really liked them. The Jeep is a lot nicer on the long drive than the Taco.
Agree, the Taco is so uncomfortable on long drives, it's like sitting on a marshmallow. My only complaint is comfort due to lack of seat height adjust ability. I feel like I'm sitting on a beach chair with my legs extended out. Is your Rubicon an auto and V6?
Sponsored

DiabloBlanco

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
My JLU will be my DD when I get it. Work is less than 20 minutes away, but I do live in Jacksonville, so everything is at least 30 minutes away and I plan on using the JLU as the primary wife-and-I trip vehicle. However, I will be coming from a 2007 F150 STX that gets 12-14 mpg combined so...the numbers coming out of the 2.0L JLU are glorious for me :CWL:

EugeneTheJeep

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Just posted this in another thread:

I have a long commute and drive my JL. Just purchased a 2 door Rubi. It’s awesome to drive if you’re in a good mood. The larger tires and more off-road focused suspension make it bouncy and a bit squirrelly, but that’s all part of its charm. If I’m in a bad mood, I sometimes wish I had a fast, smooth ride to just get me home. But most days it’s a blast!

I say make your commute fun. If you like driving it, then drive it. I have every intention of driving across country as well.

ryanhulce

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Agree, the Taco is so uncomfortable on long drives, it's like sitting on a marshmallow. My only complaint is comfort due to lack of seat height adjust ability. I feel like I'm sitting on a beach chair with my legs extended out. Is your Rubicon an auto and V6?
Yes. Love the eight speed, no searching for gears like the Taco. Also, my Taco would surge alot of downshifts coming to a stop. The V6 is good too, quieter than the Taco and makes decent power. Feels more peppy than the Taco did. I liked the turbo four but was worried about long term reliability with the miles I do.

ODDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hella Yella Sahara
The Jeep is the wife's ride. For me, I took over her all wheel drive minivan, lifted it, added wheel flares, all terrain tires, a dual exhaust, tow hooks, rally lights and 80's inspired graphics. Until the kids are gone, this our camping vehicle.

46477975562_95bbb01d55_b.jpg

30166325488_a8d40657a7_b.jpg

29787691578_f23a9f1b19_b.jpg

41849511480_b23210863a_b.jpg

42754401085_038d5d3a13_b.jpg

41849511530_99861d006b_b.jpg

Sponsored

melman8r

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sarge Green JLR
Just posted this in another thread:

I have a long commute and drive my JL. Just purchased a 2 door Rubi. It’s awesome to drive if you’re in a good mood. The larger tires and more off-road focused suspension make it bouncy and a bit squirrelly, but that’s all part of its charm. If I’m in a bad mood, I sometimes wish I had a fast, smooth ride to just get me home. But most days it’s a blast!

I say make your commute fun. If you like driving it, then drive it. I have every intention of driving across country as well.
Sounds about right, I love the go anywhere attitude.

Kraty1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Occupation
Sales & Marketing
I drive mine as often as I can, however since I have a work vehicle, the JLU is limited mainly to evenings and weekends.
Sponsored