Sponsored

Daily Driver ? Off-road mainly ? How many miles on your Odometer?

O)()()()()(O

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Just curious to know how many JL owners are bumping up the mileage on their odometers. I have a 2020 (10/19 build) JLUR 3.6 and just clicked 38,000 miles. I’m sure many others have higher miles. I have been fortunate to have had no real issues so far. I’ve had regular tire rotations, replaced windshield, changed the diffs at 36k and change the oil at 5k. No other service.

Most miles are highway, several mild / moderate trails.
Sponsored

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
‘20 Sahara 2.0 with 45k+/-. Took delivery 09/05/2019.

Mostly Highway and country roads. It is my DD, however, that is miss leading….

I have been working from home since March of ‘20 other than for 5.5 months.

so….. you may as well say it’s my weekend driver.

Have had regular oil changes and tire rotations. Only issues:
• Replaced one tire. Picked up a lag screw some place.
• Drivers side sun visor connection broke. Very common from what I have seen on here. HORRIBLE DESIGN.
• Passenger side mirror function will not go up/down and defrost is not working well / at all on that mirror as well. Guessing there are pins bent on wiring harness. I have my doors off and on a lot.

dchemphill1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon Recon
Occupation
School Administrator
Just curious to know how many JL owners are bumping up the mileage on their odometers. I have a 2020 (10/19 build) JLUR 3.6 and just clicked 38,000 miles. I’m sure many others have higher miles. I have been fortunate to have had no real issues so far. I’ve had regular tire rotations, replaced windshield, changed the diffs at 36k and change the oil at 5k. No other service.

Most miles are highway, several mild / moderate trails.
Don't forget to change your cabin air filter... Did mine just a bit over 20k miles. Yuk!

swflfireguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Retired Fireman
Vehicle Showcase
I bought mine used with 16K on it almost 2 years ago. Daily driven, 71K on it today. No problems, I've lifted it and added air bags to carry the load mostly moving then college kid back and forth. Regular oil changes, on windshield #2, still makes me smile every time I drive it.

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
671 miles and going strong!

Previous Jeep (2018 JL Rubicon) had 41,000 on it when I sold it in May. It sat for a year while I was overseas, but otherwise daily driven and off roaded. Only issues: stereo started cutting in and out around the 5k mark so was replaced under warranty. Then it woke up one day and thought it was a manual transmission (message on screen at start would show a “push in clutch to shift into gear” message at startup) Pretty funny as it was an automatic that used to say “push brake pedal.” Software reflash and that was solved. Happy to answer any other questions!

Sponsored

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
Two years old this month — 2020 JLUR. 71,000 miles on it. Just upgraded to new shoes. Been great! No major issues for the most part. Routine tire rotations, oil changes, etc etc. on windshield #4 (waiting for the two current chips to spread). These AZ rocks are
No joke haha. I recently joined the “sun visor connection broke” group on the passenger side. It’s fine usually. Sometimes will fall out when driving down bumpy dirt roads. Haven’t fixed it yet. Just shove it back up. Last year had a small issue with my sway bar disconnect malfunctioning. Took two new ones before they figured out what was happening. There was a hairline crack in the cover causing water to get up in the little motor and shorting things out. About 30,000 miles in had to have the master cylinder replaced. Since then it’s been great. It’s been on anything from pavement to challenging off road trails. Right now I’m dealing with the dreaded dead space and loose steering. My own fault though. Was doing a pretty challenging trail, bumped up an obstacle in 2nd and I bumped it so hard i flew up out of the drivers seat so couldn’t hit the brake with my foot and a nice sized rock stopped me. Just hit the front passenger tire. Knocked the alignment out. Now looking at upgrading a few things under to fix the steering.

Speed331

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jetta, 2018 Discovery Sport, 2020 Wrangler Sport S (on order)
My '20 2 door sport s 2.0T is a real workhorse. Just hit 26k miles yesterday.
It is my 'do everything' vehicle.
A daily 50 mile round trip commute, used at least 3 or 4 days a week for actual work - I am a postal service contractor and regularly use it on our routes. Not because I have to - we have plenty of other vehicles - but because I just prefer driving it.
She gets wheeled every other weekend or so, and has been taken on several 700+ mile trips.
My Wrangler has been an absolute joy to own. Have kept a normal maintenance schedule and have had zero issues.
I've only done some modest, but focused, modifications. Quick disco's, rock rails, engine bay mounted ARB compressor, and a brand new Rubicon Recon take off suspension.
Should be adding a steel bumper and winch in the next month or so.

And I still smile every damn time I walk into the garage and see it.
Jeep Wrangler JL Daily Driver ? Off-road mainly ? How many miles on your Odometer? Schnebly hill

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx-retired
2020 JLUR 3.6 auto, mopar lift and 37s. 46k with 4 trips to Moab, 2 trips across the rubicon, 1 trip to Ouray, and Sand Hallow once, with no real issues. Had the steering TSB done, 3rd windshield, and had to replace the drag link and tie rod.

I also tow a 15’ e-pro camp trailer most places for a base camp.

Overall it’s pretty hard to complain.

jjvincent

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 2017 VW Alltrack, 2003 VW Eurovan
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Mileage has been skewed for a while. here in PA we do state inspections. Thus we write the mileage on the back of the inspection sticker (plus it's in the state system). Plus for emissions areas, if you are under 5K from the last inspection (which is typically a year) then you are exempt. Here's what I have seen. People usually were cranking out 10K to 15K per year on their cars. When the pandemic happened, that dropped to 1K to 3K. Now it's around 10K to 15K. So, people are driving again.

With Jeeps. I find that the ones that are the modded off road ones get maybe 2K per year (no matter if it was pandemic or not). Regular run of the mill Jeeps, they are around 10K per year. Then there are the 200K to 250K Jeeps that are usually 10 years old. Those people usually just have bone stock ones and do the required maintenance and that's all.

As for mine, I have just turned over 5K on it and I bought it in May. This doesn't count the 6K in towing it all over the US.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
In normal circumstances my two-year old 2018 Sahara would be approaching 30,000 miles; it barely has 8,300 miles at the moment.

Relocating from California to Washington State, COVID, social distancing, and now work-from-home, all have conspired to cut down how much I drive.

Relocation had the biggest effect. In California I was able to go wheeling in any direction I desired, any time of year. Unfortunately, I found that the access to 4x4 trails is severely restricted here in Washington. Worse, a number of mountain passes become impassable between November and May, keeping me boxed-in for half of the year.

I am planning a road trip to Death Valley, one of my favorite places, this coming spring with some friends. This should help me break out of my box, and put some miles on the Jeep.

Sponsored

Mtenna99

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Programmer
Clubs

14,xxx miles on a 2021 2.0. I bought her in January so coming up on 1 year of ownership. I work remote so my Jeep miles have mostly been from trips to wheel/vacay. I usually find a camper to rent on my drive to a wheeling location. So far no major issues…just paint problems that I don’t worry about. I’ll get it fixed eventually but just enjoying her for now.
Jeep Wrangler JL Daily Driver ? Off-road mainly ? How many miles on your Odometer? 3425D3B9-F454-4F0B-9FEB-E6E89DB3A70E
Jeep Wrangler JL Daily Driver ? Off-road mainly ? How many miles on your Odometer? C8C7C266-E2AB-4C73-82E6-B7BFCF1CDF0E

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I daily drove all of my past Wranglers. Owned a TJ, JK, JLR in the past. I put over 240K on the TJ daily driver. I just ordered a 2022 JLR 3.6 eTorque for my daily driver. The plan is to take it to the 4-corners area and National Parks next year.

Sold my old '19 JLR 2.0T eTorque back in May. Loved driving it. Owned it for 2.5 years and a bit more than 20K miles. Would have been a lot more miles if it were not for covid and being at the dealer for 4-5 weeks. I put over 3.5K miles on 4-5 different dealer loaners when my JLR was in the shop.

The engine, eTorque, ZF transmission worked great and problem free. The 2.0T never used a drop of oil between 5K oil changes. I loved the 2.0T with eTorque. I would have ordered it again but the 2.0T only comes with ESS in 2022 for a automatic Rubicon. So trying a 3.6 eTorque this time.

My '19 JLR was not without issues. It was trouble free up until 20K miles. Then minor QC issues started popping up. Bad driver power mirror, leaking rear shock, bad rear-view camera, bad radio head unit, bad driver seat frame, drive train whine. The bad head unit and UConnect4 was the most serious. It was the only issue that could have possibly left me stranded. The touch screen would go in and out and lock up controls. The head unit would lock up and not power off the radio even if you turned OFF the ignition. It actually wore down the battery. The only way to reboot the head unit so the head unit turned off was by pulling the radio fuse under the hood. It was at the dealer for over 4-5 weeks. The dealer replaced the radio head unit 3 times and never fixed the problem.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
My 19 JLUR has about 56.5k on it. It was a factory order that I picked up on January 12th of 2019. It has the 2.0 w/ eTorque and hasn't had a single hiccup. I kept it stock for the 1st 10k shakedown miles before it started growing.

Jeep Wrangler JL Daily Driver ? Off-road mainly ? How many miles on your Odometer? 20190827_084948_resized(1)
Jeep Wrangler JL Daily Driver ? Off-road mainly ? How many miles on your Odometer? 20211014_133132

Edslittleworld

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Rubi, '21 Crosstrek, '20 Miata, BMW moto's
I absolutely LOVE Wranglers...for off-roading. Daily driver? Meh.

I have 2500 miles on mine after a year of ownership. Mines a back-to-basic 2-dr with a manual transmission. For some people, I wonder if it's the "Walter Mitty" effect that intrigues people to daily drive their Wranglers. However, I can see the 4-dr versions with auto transmissions being a lot more domesticated.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
I did not buy my 20' JLR to use as a daily driver but I do 'share the miles'...However the past three months it has been my DD while I wait for my new truck to arrive and she now has just over 20,000 miles. All trouble free except for third day of ownership when dash lit up saying to safely pull over as vehicle would soon shut off...Damm ESS, loose ground at ESS relay and zero trouble since!

I have done a lot of mods (I also provided all labor) and when new truck arrives, I will put her in the garage for a week or so and finish all planed mods! I still have a large stack of new parts waiting for install :)
Sponsored