22RubieJLU

First Name
Bria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR; 2020 Willys JLU; 2011 3.8 JKUR
Hey all,
I just ordered an OEM steel bumper but was wondering if there is a place for d shackle mounts? Or am I going to have to just use a soft shackle off the tow hooks? I couldn't see a place when I looked at all the pics. Just want to know before I get it so I can order the correct shackles and have her ready to go. Thanks!
Sponsored

azjl#3

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sarge Green JLR
Hey all,
I just ordered an OEM steel bumper but was wondering if there is a place for d shackle mounts? Or am I going to have to just use a soft shackle off the tow hooks? I couldn't see a place when I looked at all the pics. Just want to know before I get it so I can order the correct shackles and have her ready to go. Thanks!
There isn't any easy or good way from my inspection when I had bumper off for winch install. Best I could find is buy the brush guard, that sort of makes the hooks a shackle, because its so tight. Go figure, had one on backorder through quadratec for 9 months, cancelled it.

That said, if you have the time, you can drill through front of bumper, but there is a lot of stuff in the way.

Chip

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

HK Offroad JL shackle tab kit. Pricey and kind of a pain in the ass to install, but built stout. Uses 4 larger than factory bolts on each tab to tie into the frame. Only good solution I found when I was trying to find something to use with the factory bumper. Buy once, cry once.
Jeep Wrangler JL D shackles on OEM steel bumper 20230528_160756

Flip

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Build Thread
Link
HK Offroad JL shackle tab kit. Pricey and kind of a pain in the ass to install, but built stout. Uses 4 larger than factory bolts on each tab to tie into the frame. Only good solution I found when I was trying to find something to use with the factory bumper. Buy once, cry once.
Jeep Wrangler JL D shackles on OEM steel bumper 20230528_160756
Looks good! Solid!

Sponsored

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
I believe the maximus are the way to go, cause the HK look like crap, at least lookwise.

There’sOnlyOne

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0

azjl#3

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sarge Green JLR
Just installed the HK, stout is understatement, really designed as tow brackets for pull behind an RV. I bought the longer bolt option to use with OEM red tow hooks. I recommend not using red hooks, not as good looking in my opinion. Plus you have to have a press to push OEM studs out, and drill to larger size. Works perfect with Warn winch plate, warn zeon 10s.
Sponsored