Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
What size lift did you go with, how much did it set you back?, I think the next upgrade on my end is the lift, just unsure which one to go with, but since my rig is stuck at the dealer I guess I have sometime to figure out which way to go, I was originally hoping to go with something that added King coilovers, but they are expensive and I am not sure if the coildover conversion would be good (or better I may say) for off roading, I have many things to install still so I am waiting a bit before making tha final call, I am also nervous about fitment, it seems most manufacturers expect things to "fit" since it's a JL, nice to hear most fitted properly
I went with the 2.5” lift, and so far the look is great. I would say just about everything fit as planned. Now the metalcloak instructions call to put a rear sway bar spacer in and it drops the rear sway bar about an inch. The sway bar now has about an 1/8” gap between that and the def tank. I am not sure if that will flex and rub into the tank or not. I wonder if I should just do away with the spacer kit all together. I wonder if @Metalcloak has an answer for that
Sponsored

OP
OP
Cwu21

Cwu21

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Here she is in all her glory. Still have some steering adjustments to work out but all in all I am very happy with the outcome
Jeep Wrangler JL Cwu's Punk'n Diesel Build B76D6951-3C3F-4EDE-9157-B4778BFC256E

Csarcon

First Name
Cesar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon diesel, 2019 F350 diesel, 2018 Can Am x3, 2013 Prius plug in
Occupation
Transportation
Here she is in all her glory. Still have some steering adjustments to work out but all in all I am very happy with the outcome
Jeep Wrangler JL Cwu's Punk'n Diesel Build B76D6951-3C3F-4EDE-9157-B4778BFC256E
It came out nice, good job, better few things better than putting one's rig together ourselves, I like the fact that you had your boys included in the process, you get 2 thumps up from me bud

Sponsored

dieseljlu

First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Looks awesome! Love seeing another Diesel with mods. I'm about to go get a dead pedal after reading your comments.

Biconia

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Vehicle Showcase
really like your taste of mods !
i test droved the Eco-Diesel yesterday... and i was.. wow.......
hope i can get Eco-Diesel in couple years later :)

fjavier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 392, 2020 JLUR 3.6 auto, 335 bmw
@Biconia, how was the test drive handled during this COVID-19 period? I 've been meaning to test drive the diesel but wasn't sure how test drives are being conducted. Did you compare the normal v6 vs the diesel and if so what was your opinion? Also what dealer did you go to? I am only asking because I live in Los Angeles as well.

@Cwu21 can I ask why you chose the diesel over other engine configurations?

HappyJeeper

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLURD, '09 Tundra 5.7 4x4, '21 Prius
Occupation
Soils engineering/geology
@Biconia, how was the test drive handled during this COVID-19 period? I 've been meaning to test drive the diesel but wasn't sure how test drives are being conducted. Did you compare the normal v6 vs the diesel and if so what was your opinion? Also what dealer did you go to? I am only asking because I live in Los Angeles as well.

I won't answer for him, but I had the 3,8 JK, 3.6 JK and when the Diesel was announced, I was ready.

The 3.6 was better than the 3.8 and the diesel is way better that the 3.6 (fun factor anyway).

I love how this thing drives. It's fun to go onto freeway and keep up or go faster while merging.

That wasn't as easy with the 3.6 and 6 speed manual.

TRdanno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Reading your posts felt like I was reading my own experience. Ordered Oct 26, received Mar 14... first mod antenna, and also experienced the ridiculously frustrating dead pedal install with the seat rails jabbing me lol. Also did a stop start defeater (freaking love it), a Warn low grill guard and Rockslide steps. Sucks to hear you had issues with your steps... nothing is worse than a company that doesn't provide good service. Your build looks great! To the person that asked about dealerships... I'm in the LA/OC area and went thru Costco and the dealership extended the employee price for the order... but my dealership tried a fast one saying in one day they already did ceramic, nitrogen in tires, gps security, and some other useless upgrade that I knew nothing about... they gave in and didn't charge me for any of it. So not sure if I'd recommend the place. Anyways... Great to see diesels getting mod'd. Can't get enough of that motor!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Cwu21

Cwu21

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

there was no real reason other than This was my first ever Jeep and first ever diesel. To me I though that was kinda cool that it was also the first offering of a Diesel in North America too. I honestly love the drive of it. The power/torque is instant. With Covid holding me down a bit I haven’t gotten much trail time but things are opening and I will be getting some more time on the trails soon

OP
OP
Cwu21

Cwu21

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Next up, will be the Baja Design squadron Pros. I have been looking for a amber lens for these but can’t seem to find one for the fogs, I see them for driving and for wide so not sure if those will work the same or not

Jeep Wrangler JL Cwu's Punk'n Diesel Build 79BFB133-831B-44A3-A691-356B52E97B39

OP
OP
Cwu21

Cwu21

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Looks awesome! Love seeing another Diesel with mods. I'm about to go get a dead pedal after reading your comments.
Well I’m gonna be honest about this mod, for me I’m 5’10 and when I was driving my rental Jeep I noticed a lot that there was no dead pedal. Now that I have it installed I never use it. I feel that either my seat is too far back or I’m too short I have to forcibly reach to press down on the dead pedal. So for me this was probably a mod I wouldn’t do over again. :facepalm:

Biconia

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Vehicle Showcase

@fjavier i when to Hungtinton Jeep and test droved exact same color as OP
i never expeted Diesel is so quiet, i drove my JL for comparisons could't drive the test jeep like my car but i can feel more power and torque on Diesel !
just a concern for me was the DEF tank.. the hanging point is lower than stock muffler on 3.6..
i do rock crawl with my JL if you are doing Rock Crawl with Diesel for sure you will need good skid plate for the DEF tank overall i love to have Diesel on future :)

OP
OP
Cwu21

Cwu21

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
@fjavier i when to Hungtinton Jeep and test droved exact same color as OP
i never expeted Diesel is so quiet, i drove my JL for comparisons could't drive the test jeep like my car but i can feel more power and torque on Diesel !
just a concern for me was the DEF tank.. the hanging point is lower than stock muffler on 3.6..
i do rock crawl with my JL if you are doing Rock Crawl with Diesel for sure you will need good skid plate for the DEF tank overall i love to have Diesel on future :)
I had spoke with @Metalcloak and the are coming out with skid plate for the def tank... hopefully soon
Sponsored