Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
My 2 year old decided that he was installing the @Baja Designs lights. I got the bolts started and he cranked and did the rest. :like:
He is now ready for bigger projects

Jeep Wrangler JL Cwu's Punk'n Diesel Build BCD9A964-E473-4B05-A5FF-DE4EB4609D5E
Jeep Wrangler JL Cwu's Punk'n Diesel Build 15E13F91-16E8-43BC-93B0-7EDDAF3FF02A
Jeep Wrangler JL Cwu's Punk'n Diesel Build EEB7154D-0F39-4DA5-B5B2-E3DF5A4BB69E
Sponsored

TRdanno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Well I’m gonna be honest about this mod, for me I’m 5’10 and when I was driving my rental Jeep I noticed a lot that there was no dead pedal. Now that I have it installed I never use it. I feel that either my seat is too far back or I’m too short I have to forcibly reach to press down on the dead pedal. So for me this was probably a mod I wouldn’t do over again. :facepalm:
My only comment would be that at first I agree with the reach, but when I moved it forward to the middle position it was 100% better. My JL is not a daily driver so sometimes I have to remind myself the pedal is there, but when I do rest my foot on it, I don't take it off. I'm 6'1". Changing it to that position was way harder than the back position.

OP
OP
Cwu21

Cwu21

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
My only comment would be that at first I agree with the reach, but when I moved it forward to the middle position it was 100% better. My JL is not a daily driver so sometimes I have to remind myself the pedal is there, but when I do rest my foot on it, I don't take it off. I'm 6'1". Changing it to that position was way harder than the back position.
Shows how much I know about it. I wasn’t aware that it could be adjusted. I’ll have to look at it more this week and see. If I was able to move it a bit closer it might be good.

dieseljlu

First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Well I’m gonna be honest about this mod, for me I’m 5’10 and when I was driving my rental Jeep I noticed a lot that there was no dead pedal. Now that I have it installed I never use it. I feel that either my seat is too far back or I’m too short I have to forcibly reach to press down on the dead pedal. So for me this was probably a mod I wouldn’t do over again. :facepalm:
Thanks for the follow-up. I'm all of 5'4" on a good day so I will have to see if I would end up using it. The upright seats make it to where my left leg can touch the ground so I'll have to do a roadtrip and see if I will need it. From everything I have read it is a TOTAL pain to get it installed because of the space you need to work in so I may make sure its necessary before I destroy my hands in the process of trying to install it.

OP
OP
Cwu21

Cwu21

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the follow-up. I'm all of 5'4" on a good day so I will have to see if I would end up using it. The upright seats make it to where my left leg can touch the ground so I'll have to do a roadtrip and see if I will need it. From everything I have read it is a TOTAL pain to get it installed because of the space you need to work in so I may make sure its necessary before I destroy my hands in the process of trying to install it.

Aside From my New Metalcloak Lift. My favorite mod so far has been my 67 Designs rail mount. I thought I would like it but never did I think I would fall in love with this mod. I have always been a phone in my lap or throw it in my cup holder. Having it secure in the rail has awesome. Im not worried about my phone flying when or if I slam on the brakes and everything is eye level. :like:

Sponsored

rcliff1

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 tj, 2014 Mustang GT, 2017 Ford F350 Dually, 2020 Diesel Rubicon on order
Your jeep looks awesome!! Loving my diesel. 7200 miles on it and not one issue. I put the (2) Baja LP6 Amber on mine, love them, I used rigid amber's for the fogs.

OP
OP
Cwu21

Cwu21

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Your jeep looks awesome!! Loving my diesel. 7200 miles on it and not one issue. I put the (2) Baja LP6 Amber on mine, love them, I used rigid amber's for the fogs.
Thanks! I’m thinking the LP4’s for the front bumper. I am looking to add the amber lens to my fogs

TRdanno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Aside From my New Metalcloak Lift. My favorite mod so far has been my 67 Designs rail mount. I thought I would like it but never did I think I would fall in love with this mod. I have always been a phone in my lap or throw it in my cup holder. Having it secure in the rail has awesome. Im not worried about my phone flying when or if I slam on the brakes and everything is eye level. :like:
Does it block any view of the infotainment screen when your phone is mounted up there?

TRdanno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Here she is in all her glory. Still have some steering adjustments to work out but all in all I am very happy with the outcome
Jeep Wrangler JL Cwu's Punk'n Diesel Build EEB7154D-0F39-4DA5-B5B2-E3DF5A4BB69E
Did you by any chance measure the before and after for the lift in the front? Was watching Casey250 and his only net'd out 1" or slightly more with a Terraflex lift on his diesel. Just curious if I should hold out for the Mopar diesel one.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Cwu21

Cwu21

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Does it block any view of the infotainment screen when your phone is mounted up there?
I will get a photo of this tonight when I’m done cleaning out the Jeep. There is no blocking. It also depends on how you like your phone mounted. I have mine facing towards me so I have no obstruction. If I have it facing directly forward then there is a small obstruction and when in car play It will block the top app in the left app pane.

OP
OP
Cwu21

Cwu21

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
It has been slow recently. I had ordered a Tailgate table quite some time ago. I knew there was a back order but after about 6weeks if finally arrived. Let’s me just say I love it the fit and finish is perfect. It is pricey but damn is it good

My Little shadow wanting to help as usual
Jeep Wrangler JL Cwu's Punk'n Diesel Build 88368D08-2480-49CE-97DC-B01CECB48225

Jeep Wrangler JL Cwu's Punk'n Diesel Build E48F9F38-DDB3-4938-B034-9DB5938ACFE7

Jeep Wrangler JL Cwu's Punk'n Diesel Build 8ADE5C0D-C712-483C-8883-CD1A29EB359A

Jeep Wrangler JL Cwu's Punk'n Diesel Build 3004F3C6-EBD0-4145-B92E-56125134B47C

Jeep Wrangler JL Cwu's Punk'n Diesel Build 8318FAE0-DADA-46AD-856C-F06BEC7B8D44

OP
OP
Cwu21

Cwu21

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Also forgot, today I Dropped off AFe for some R&D. I should be seeing a baseline dyno in the next day or so and they will be adding a
CAI as well as developing the exhaust and new performance Intercooler. Those are still probably a few months out but looking forward to seeing what we can get out of this engine. I would love to see numbers around 300hp and 500/lbs :fingerscrossed:

Jeep Wrangler JL Cwu's Punk'n Diesel Build 51F6C692-E740-4B15-AF3B-DCB94C3E6A4F
Sponsored