Sponsored

Cutting Power To Ignition Coil without Cutting power to injectors.

ZackMill

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 2019 JLU
I'm trying to cut power to the spark plugs on the 3.6 pentastar while the motor is running (don't ask why . If i get this figured out i will show what it does.). I know fuse F70 is for the Plugs but it also is for the Injectors too which i don't want to cut power to. I want the coils wired up to a momentary switch so when i push it it cuts power, which i already have a switch for. Thank You.
Sponsored

CaJLMetalHead

First Name
CAJLMetalHead
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
uhm... it is going to be quite difficult to isolate power to the ignition coils as they have that common ignition coil / injector Fuse F70 .. damn.. unless you disassemble the harness and individually isolate each coil with separate switches I don't see any other way to do it ... is this a semi-permanent modification ?.. if so.. I would suggest you go with individual switches... because with a common switch if anything happens to that switch then you will kill power to the engine... imagine if that happens to you on the highway !

REAWS6

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Rubicon 4xe
Old school flamethrowers??!!

OP
OP
ZackMill

ZackMill

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 2019 JLU
uhm... it is going to be quite difficult to isolate power to the ignition coils as they have that common ignition coil / injector Fuse F70 .. damn.. unless you disassemble the harness and individually isolate each coil with separate switches I don't see any other way to do it ... is this a semi-permanent modification ?.. if so.. I would suggest you go with individual switches... because with a common switch if anything happens to that switch then you will kill power to the engine... imagine if that happens to you on the highway !
It needs to be one switch

Sponsored

One_off

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2d Gecko Gr + 2021 Rubicon 2 White
It needs to be one switch
Individual relays controlled by 1 switch. You could use a normally open momentary push button switch and normally closed relays so that they are only off while you hold it in the button. Then when you hit the button it puts power to the relays to open the connection

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
ZackMill

ZackMill

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 2019 JLU
Individual relays controlled by 1 switch. You could use a normally closed momentary push button switch so that they are only off while you hold it in
Exactly what I want to do, just need to figure out how. The relay in the fuse box? If so which one. Thanks