Sponsored

Cutting a JL in half to build a V8 JLU Crew Pickup Conversion! by Bruiser Conversions

Euro JEEP

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
It hurts seeing this, but it is very instructive: Crawl TV and Bruiser Conversions take a brand new JL Sahara totally apart and cut body and frame in half to make a JLU Crew for the next SEMA!

This year for SEMA, Bruiser Comnversions is building a Jeep JLU Sahara into a "JL Crew," which is essentially an LS swapped JLU extended cab pickup conversion on one ton axles, some crazy tall tires, with a fully wicked suspension. Today is day one of that project. Brace yourselves for some very extreme modifications, coming in future progress videos!
Day 1:

Day 2:

Day 3,4 & 5:

ENJOY!!!
Sponsored

K9Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392XR
Oh man! That looks like it’s going to be one bad ass conversion

OP
OP
Euro JEEP

Euro JEEP

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
That's not really cutting one in half though. I'm actually cutting 6" out of the middle of my wife's TJ project and welding it back together; narrowed hood, grill, windshield frame/custom glass, custom dash, re-glassing the hardtop.
Hard Rock Crawl project? Show us some pic please.
The cab on the JL hasn't maybe literally been halved but there has been some serious hacking in there! And the frame is definitely cut in half, no discussion there.

I specially liked to see how and where the structural strenght is for the tailgate reinforcement. It wouldn't amaze me companies like Teraflex make a complete replacement for that for added storage racks and so on...

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
It hurts seeing this, but it is very instructive: Crawl TV and Bruiser Conversions take a brand new JL Sahara totally apart and cut body and frame in half to make a JLU Crew for the next SEMA!

Day 1:

Day 2:

Day 3,4 & 5:

ENJOY!!!
What is the website name for the T-shirt that he mentions in the video? team80w.com???? Doesn't work. Ugh.

Sponsored

FireWire

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram EcoDiesel, Polaris RZR900, 2018 JL Sport S
Isn't Jeep doing this next year?

tornis

First Name
Nikos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
29er bike
I would like to see a JLU two door conversion, b pillar a few inches back but guess that would be a tough one....

Jeeper18426572

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler Willys Wheeler 2 Door Tank Green

Day 1:

Day 2:

Day 3,4 & 5:

ENJOY!!!
You think they would let me drive by and check it out? Clearwater is very close to Tampa.
Sponsored