Sponsored

Cut fenders?

rcr1340

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon(LJ)
Occupation
retail manager
Yea, my plan is to run 37's on a 2 door with no lift, or as little lift as possible and still be able to moderately wheel. Just curious if anyone actually put a number to it.
I have seen a 2 door on 37s with no lift but I dont think they wheeled. They didn't split the fenders though and added a lift later. I think 37's with splitting the fenders would make it ok, but not positive.
Sponsored

4x4Funlover

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Depends on your wheel offset and if you run spacers. We're running 37's with no lift now. I may end up having to lift it b/c I've already removed the fenders completely and we're rubbing the sheetmetal just under the hood when we're on the trail. I've got a few more ideas to try first as I don't want to raise the CoG. If you were open to limiting the uptravel an inch or so up front, it might work as well. I'll know more after this weekend, provided I don't get roped into working this weekend.

I plan to make my own fenders at a later date, but want to get the rear bumper and sliders squared away first.
I also want to keep my a LCG I have a TF 1.5 inch lift and TF bumpstops on my 2 door with 37's I need to work on getting plastics removed before I test it off road but I'm waiting on the RR, AAL or another company to release a JL style fender light.

irishtim7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 02 BMW M3, 91 BMW E30
Depends on your wheel offset and if you run spacers. We're running 37's with no lift now. I may end up having to lift it b/c I've already removed the fenders completely and we're rubbing the sheetmetal just under the hood when we're on the trail. I've got a few more ideas to try first as I don't want to raise the CoG. If you were open to limiting the uptravel an inch or so up front, it might work as well. I'll know more after this weekend, provided I don't get roped into working this weekend.

I plan to make my own fenders at a later date, but want to get the rear bumper and sliders squared away first.
The plan is 17x9 -12 with a 12.5" wide tire. I'm not opposed to adjusting the bump stops and had planned on it. Small spring spacers if need be as well.

Diego_JL20

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon 2020
Mine is missing a bracket that the artec piece would bolt to. Cut it off before we left for moab before I knew they used that. One day I'll design another piece to put in place. Even without that though it is really sturdy.

The inners are also artec. They fit great and look really good.

20180612_192648.jpg
What's the size and offset of your wheels? Also, what size tires you have? not shure if I should go with -18 or -44 offset. I'll go with 20" wheel and 37" tires.. my wrangler is white too

BigEd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLUR
44823A07-30FC-4D8D-9119-1FA3AC2367A0.jpeg
I am running the American Adventure Lab led’s and love them. They have a great video regarding how to remove the bottom portion and install. Was pretty easy, I removed both front and back and running 40's on a RK 3.5 lift... Had to trim a little from the rear but everything else is good so far.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I am running the American Adventure Lab less, love them. They have a great video regarding how to remove the bottom portion and install. Was pretty easy, I removed both front and back and running 40's on a RK 3.5 lift... Had to trim a little from the rear but everything else is good so far.
Ed, that looks awesome!

matrix311

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 YJ, 2004 TJ, 2008 jKUR, 2018 JLUR (on order)
I am running the American Adventure Lab less, love them. They have a great video regarding how to remove the bottom portion and install. Was pretty easy, I removed both front and back and running 40's on a RK 3.5 lift... Had to trim a little from the rear but everything else is good so far.
Can you post some updated photos, side shots etc of the finished product? We might go this route on our JLUR.

BigEd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLUR
I spent some time and trimmed my stocks. I plan on running American Adventure Labs front and rears at some point. Pricey but worth it!!!

Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I have the 3 inch lift with 37s. i want to do the Adventure lab fender delete like you did but I am worried because right now my wheel well looks just right and if i do their delete kit with the running lights like you did it will give me to much wheel well and i dont want it to look like i have to much wheel well and like im running 35s. it ill give me about 3 to 4 more inches of wheel well wont it ? wont that be too much compared to the way mine looks right now with 37s ? just dont want to much of big gap in the wheel well you know what i mean ? I mean you did it and are running 40s so tells me something

20190605_191554.jpg

scrape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat
I have the 3 inch lift with 37s. i want to do the Adventure lab fender delete like you did but I am worried because right now my wheel well looks just right and if i do their delete kit with the running lights like you did it will give me to much wheel well and i dont want it to look like i have to much wheel well and like im running 35s. it ill give me about 3 to 4 more inches of wheel well wont it ? wont that be too much compared to the way mine looks right now with 37s ? just dont want to much of big gap in the wheel well you know what i mean ? I mean you did it and are running 40s so tells me something
How much bump stop are you running and what is the compressed length of your shocks?

BigEd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLUR

20190605_191554.jpg
4856B746-BD8F-444F-B65A-C64140EB1E8B.png

BigEd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLUR

20190605_191554.jpg
Also you are probably rubbing at full flex, the delete would really help with that. I tried searching the net for pics. I would reach out to American Adventure Lab and see if they have better photos. There customer service is great.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase

20190605_191554.jpg
I just did the chop last weekend and installed the leds, liners, and fender retention hardware. It gains 3.5" of clearance between the tire and inside of the fender, but less than half of that is visual from the side.

I highly recommend the liners and hardware kit to compliment these brace/LEDs. Most, if not all other companies liners leave a gap at the top because they weren't designed with the chop in mind. And the hardware is both functional and gets rid of the ugly white clips.
Sponsored