Sponsored

Cut a wire going through the Grommet on the passenger side, what is it?

Krawdiggity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I am installing an amp in my Jeep and I poked a whole through the grommet on the passenger side. When I pull the power wire back through it somehow caught a wire and cut it. Any idea what wiring runs through that grommet? My hope is that I can splice into it on either side and repair it. ANy help is super appreciated.

2019 Jeep Sahara
No tow package

Jeep Wrangler JL Cut a wire going through the Grommet on the passenger side, what is it? 6178F120-968E-40DB-9C68-5E4CB13A668F

FEB59006-6C4D-44E4-B01F-E59B2F9C9E5C.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Any idea what wiring runs through that grommet? My hope is that I can splice into it on either side and repair it.
There's a bunch of wires than run through that grommet, since one of the main vehicle harnesses passes through it. No one here can tell you without seeing a pic or knowing what color the wire is. Regardless, you should be able to solder it back together or even use a butt connector to get it fixed.

OP
OP
Krawdiggity

Krawdiggity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here you go. It looks like it is red or pink with a green stripe. It goes to the harness in the bottom picture.

Jeep Wrangler JL Cut a wire going through the Grommet on the passenger side, what is it? IMG_1874

IMG_1876.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Krawdiggity

Krawdiggity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here you go. It looks like it is red or pink with a green stripe.

Jeep Wrangler JL Cut a wire going through the Grommet on the passenger side, what is it? IMG_1876
Looks more like pink to me. Based on the other wiring below. It is very small so it probably isn’t anything important like a communication wire :headbang:

OP
OP
Krawdiggity

Krawdiggity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alright, I ended up pulling out the wheel well cover and pulled the tape off the main wiring harness and found the other end. That was an unanticipated three our detour.
Sponsored