Sponsored

Customer service?

Agent47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito! JLU 2.0T (Built 7/4)
Anyone able to get a response out of Bestop? I’ve sent them my original email on 8/16 and 3 additional ones since then and I’ve yet to hear a peep from them. Experiencing a pretty annoying rattling/banging noise at freeway speeds with my Sunrider top. All bolts that I can see are tight.
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Agent47

Forget the emailing ......

You will be far better off calling, Bestop Customer Service at > 800-845-3567 .

Talk to a rep at that number and if you are not 100% happy with the rep's response, ask to be transferred to a Supervisor...

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Agent47 ,

I PM'd you the following, but then I thought.... geez maybe other's with the SR have this issue and....

Anyway,

This noise I believe is due to lets say cabin pressure... (assuming your JL is installed properly and latches adjusted) the JL's tail gate has active venting/exhausting so air can come and go rapidly from the cab, and thus the SR fabric slaps when heavy venting/exhausting occurs..

So scenario that cause slap noises, goes like this..... wind/cross winds, suddenly, force lots of air into the JL's cabin and the Sunrider fabric is forced, stretched upward, a bit above the structure of the sunrider..... THEN, the active tail gate vents / exhauster, (you can see them if you look directly behind your spare... it's named an exhauster by FCA) exhausts air rapidly, the fabric then slaps downward striking the sunrider's metal frame and causing the noise you are hearing..

Fortunately this noise/slap thing happens only occasionally .... usually when driving at higher speeds (65-675 mph+) and particularly, when there is a heavy crosswind.

So, with that said, the noise you are hearing, is undoubtedly the nature of the beast so to speak... Trade off for the occasional slap/bang, is having the sunrider in general.

Do not think Bestop can help you on this... I know my SR us adjusted correctly and I get the fabric slaps, once in awhile.... Oh, when you Sr gets saturated and dries, it tightens up a bit. The slap will subsequently be less, thanks to this tightness of the twill fabric....

Hint: (I do this each time I wash the sunrider)
Assuming you have the Twill fabric.....When you wash/soak your sunrider, or when it gets soaked from the rain.... when you JL is parked....release both latches and lift the sunrider up a couple of inches.... Now, let the sunrider, fully dry... this will allow the sunrider twill fabric, to tighten up as the latches are not restricting the sunrider from lets say ..... for a lack of a better word.... shrinking.

The above is also something you can do with any convertible that is made of cloth type fabric...

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Anyone able to get a response out of Bestop? I’ve sent them my original email on 8/16 and 3 additional ones since then and I’ve yet to hear a peep from them. Experiencing a pretty annoying rattling/banging noise at freeway speeds with my Sunrider top. All bolts that I can see are tight.
Admittedly our CS team is a little behind right now, my apologies for the trouble. We're working hard to catch up. Please consider giving them a call for faster service. Their number is 800-845-3567 and are in the office between 8am-5pm Mountain Monday through Friday.

Thanks!
Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Sponsored