Sponsored

Customer Service @ Z auto

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Cancel culture is full swing in this thread. My tazer has been in my jeep for 2 summers, and it gets well over 110 by my house. My tazer has not missed a beat or melted. As for the other. Just snip the fucker simple task
@Moto_21
The guy is talking about the $9.99 Mini mount I mentioned, not the Tazer JL itself.
Sponsored

WilhelmSR

First Name
Wilhelm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella JLUR
Cancel culture is full swing in this thread. My tazer has been in my jeep for 2 summers, and it gets well over 110 by my house. My tazer has not missed a beat or melted. As for the other. Just snip the fucker simple task
Not sure what you mean on how this was "cancel culture" and maybe you just are reading way more into something than what is there. I was NOT talking about the Tazer material simply the 3D printed material sold by a third party. Most people are not aware of what PLA is nor the tolerances that it has. I was simply putting out a heads up as someone that has been in the 3D printing industry for 5 years. I am a 3D printer reviewer part-time and I have tested over 40 3D printers and every material available out there. It's your money and do whatever tickles your fancy.

FML just try to share information and someone has to make it political.

WilhelmSR

First Name
Wilhelm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella JLUR
I decided to design and make my own mount. I wanted one that protects the USB port in case of water and to keep debris in general out. I can keep everyone updated if they are interested.

MtCamper

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlUR White Rubi, 2018 GMC 3500 Duramax,
Occupation
Retired Snowbird
Joe, I'm pretty dense in the technology area. Let me see if I have this. I've had two axle failures on my JL due to the sensor. Both covered under warranty which is about to expire. Next time I get a service axle locker system on the dash all I need to do is plug in your thingy and all is well? That leads me to question why doesn't Jeep pay you a bunch of $ and just fix them this way? Do you recommend I wait til failure or should it be done prophylacticly?

Sponsored

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Joe, I'm pretty dense in the technology area. Let me see if I have this. I've had two axle failures on my JL due to the sensor. Both covered under warranty which is about to expire. Next time I get a service axle locker system on the dash all I need to do is plug in your thingy and all is well? That leads me to question why doesn't Jeep pay you a bunch of $ and just fix them this way? Do you recommend I wait til failure or should it be done prophylacticly?
They don’t pay him to fix the problem because Jeep wants a physical indication of where the locker is in real life, rather than where the computer thinks it is and it uses a hall-effect sensor or other type of magnetic sensor for this purpose. The harness bypasses this physical sensor altogether and fools the vehicle into believing the sensor is working properly so the vehicle won’t throw a Service Locker code. For those owners whose locker position sensor is already broken, the z-auto harness is a great way of getting locker functionality back in a very easy way since the only current alternative is no locker functionality at all if you’re out of warranty.

RubiHOG

First Name
Emil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL, 2017 Harley Road Glide
Has anyone heard if the stock sensors have been updated in any way? I was just hit with this issue on a road trip yesterday. 75 MPH down the highway (in 2wd obviously) and my dash says my rear locker is engaged. 6,000 miles on the Jeep. I hit the unlock button and the light flashed for the next 4 hours as it tried to unlock. I don’t particularly want a new axle with the same faulty sensor installed just to have the same issue appear down the line.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Oh, before I forget..... for those that might be interested in a nifty holder for the Tazer JL Mini.... do check this out... I came across it today......I don't know the guy, or tested driven the offering.. but his little $9.99 offering is kinda slick..
https://narddesign.com/collections/parts/products/tazer-mini-mount
Jeep Wrangler JL Customer Service @ Z auto 16154172256985777982210917161274

Jeep Wrangler JL Customer Service @ Z auto 16154172256985777982210917161274
I bought one and it arrived a few days ago (I have not installed it yet). It appears to be fine as far as quality and construction. I also bought the harness to prevent having to plug the OEM cables back into the security gateway to make it much easier to remove and reinstall the tazer when I have to take it into the dealer.

Kyle17428

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.narddesign.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willy’s Sport, 2001 TJ, 1989 xj
Occupation
Heavy Equipment Mechanic
Vehicle Showcase
@joe@zauto
Oh before I forget..... for those that might be interested in a nifty holder for the Tazer JL Mini.... do check this out... I came across it today......I don't know the guy, or tested driven the offering.. but his little $9.99 offering is kinda slick..
https://narddesign.com/collections/parts/products/tazer-mini-mount
It's me, I'm the guy who makes these. Nice to meet you and thanks for helping put the word out!
I will say this, as someone that has owned and ran a 3D printing Cos Play business for a couple of years. The material he is using is PLA which starts deforms at 60c (140F) which is not hard to reach inside of a vehicle in the summer. It really should be made from ABS. Just a warning as this has the potential to fail in the summer. Just my .02 take it as you will.
Yes, PLA begins to deform at around 60c. When I came up with this I figured that, while it may get that hot on top of the dash in direct sun, it probably doesn't get that high in the footwell where this will be placed. Now that I see there is some interest in it, I have switched over to producing it in PETG which doesn't begin to deform until 170c which is nearly 400 Fahrenheit. If the interior of your JL gets that hot you have bigger issues than my mount getting a little soft 😅

I haven't updated the product listing because I still have some PLA mounts in stock that I need to get rid of. If you see the listing as PLA then you have a 50/50 shot of getting PETG. I am trying to make sure to send only PETG units to hotter climates and PLA units for normal places like where I live. If you need to make sure that you get a PETG mount just drop me a note with the order or email us so we know you have that special request!

On that note, I have had one person who had trouble fitting their tazer into the mount, it appears that older models of the tazer have a slightly larger case? I'm not exactly sure. In an abundance of caution, I will say that you should make sure the logo on the front of your tazer is the same as mine to avoid any issues. I only have the one tazer you see in the picture, so that's what I designed it to fit.

Big Z in the middle: Might not fit
Z on the left side: Should work

Again, thanks for checking us out!

WilhelmSR

First Name
Wilhelm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella JLUR
...., I have switched over to producing it in PETG which doesn't begin to deform until 170c which is nearly 400 Fahrenheit. If the interior of your JL gets that hot you have bigger issues than my mount getting a little soft 😅

Have you seen some of the posts here, someone will hit 400F 😅

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve messaged superchips here, on Facebook and on Instagram months ago with a basic question without a response anywhere about a flashcal that I have. I own nothing from tazer but I will say tazer > superchips for customer service.
Sponsored