Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2.0 GME
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Folks,

The above FCA recall has been out since 6/6/19, does anyone have a copy of it yet? Can't find anything online.

Also there are people on the forum who are saying that it is now showing as a recall on their vehicle when logging into their Mopar accounts. I'd be keen to figure out the manufacturing date of the vehicles covered by the recall as it's not currently showing up when I enter my chassis number into the Mopar site.

Cheers!
Sponsored

tk2fast

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2000 TJ, 2001 XJ
2018 JLU with build date of July 18. Not showing recall.

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Folks,

The above FCA recall has been out since 6/6/19, does anyone have a copy of it yet? Can't find anything online.

Also there are people on the forum who are saying that it is now showing as a recall on their vehicle when logging into their Mopar accounts. I'd be keen to figure out the manufacturing date of the vehicles covered by the recall as it's not currently showing up when I enter my chassis number into the Mopar site.

Cheers!
The people who have v41 showing up on their VIN have clicked the PDF icon next to "v41" but are receiving an error message.

abutterman1

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sahara
Anyone know the vin range on this recall?

Sponsored

UtahDirt

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punk'n Rubicon 4xe
Vehicle Showcase
I picked up my 2018 JLU Sahara last Thursday, Friday after signing up for My Mopar this campaign popped up. I previously had a 2019 JLU Sport S for a three day test drive. I was not ready for the difference in driving between the two. I had this V41 Campaign done today, Took an hour, now my 18 drives like the 19, I'm happy. My build date is 10/18

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I picked up my 2018 JLU Sahara last Thursday, Friday after signing up for My Mopar this campaign popped up. I previously had a 2019 JLU Sport S for a three day test drive. I was not ready for the difference in driving between the two. I had this V41 Campaign done today, Took an hour, now my 18 drives like the 19, I'm happy. My build date is 10/18
Can you elaborate on how the 2018 drove before vs after? Steering wobble? Drifting? Loose steering?

UtahDirt

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punk'n Rubicon 4xe
Vehicle Showcase
Can you elaborate on how the 2018 drove before vs after? Steering wobble? Drifting? Loose steering?
No wobble, did have drifting, loose steering feel, overly sensitive. Especially scary in gusty crosswinds at freeway speeds or with small dips in roadway. After the repair, it is stable tracks straight. Now I think the feeling of looseness is from dead stabilizer at center steering. On old part there was no resistance in center point, now there is. The actual free play hasn’t changed. I hope that makes sense. Advisor and description on repair order said shock only no other repairs or software update.

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
Just got my v41 notice today. Wish they would just send me one so I could do it myself, now I have to let the dealer idiots touch my Jeep. I have not noticed any steering issues as of yet though.

Sponsored

jl73660

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moving on up .....
I just got it in the mail yesterday. I have 2018 MOAB with September 2018 build date. Seems like they are slowly rolling out the recall. I have scheduled with dealer next week, they actually have a recall coordinator now I guess because things are so bad with the volume of recalls on JLU

TFADS

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU 2.0 (EU specs)
No wobble, did have drifting, loose steering feel, overly sensitive. Especially scary in gusty crosswinds at freeway speeds or with small dips in roadway. After the repair, it is stable tracks straight. Now I think the feeling of looseness is from dead stabilizer at center steering. On old part there was no resistance in center point, now there is. The actual free play hasn’t changed. I hope that makes sense. Advisor and description on repair order said shock only no other repairs or software update.
Hi guys. Did V41 on Friday in Germany on my JLU Rubi. Exactly the same feeling. I am not sure I like it so much more though: the kinda loose (floating boating alike) feeling was part of the character of the vehicle to me. I haven’t yet tried it off road, only on tar. How was it for you wheeling off road after the change? Thanks! Cheers, Tom

angustx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I just got my notice and am interested in hearing about results from someone with the mopar lift.

algoo31

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
My repairs are scheduled 2 months out. Dealership said FCA has a limit to how many parts each dealership can get a week.
Sponsored